2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Stu

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 12:58
Ryar you might have to start a separate topic for the perceived preferential advantages Mercedes has received over the years.
That would be correct. I’m not about to create that topic though as it would be pointless.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Stu

Csmith1980 wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 18:25
Stu wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 18:21
PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 12:58
Ryar you might have to start a separate topic for the perceived preferential advantages Mercedes has received over the years.
That would be correct. I’m not about to create that topic though as it would be pointless.
But allowing Ryars relentless trolling and baiting is fine.
All of the team topics are being watched and this one went very off-topic for this thread (hence the warning above). Whether you agree or disagree with the conspiratorial nature of where the discussion went is irrelevant, points were made that pointed fingers in a multitude of directions.

Your attempt to single out one particular user for trolling (because you disagree with his perspective) puts a negative slant into the discussion, and becomes a trolling statement.
I would simply delete the post, but feel that with multiple similar reactions it is best to make a statement.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

hollus

Guys, about a dozen of posts, mostly about posters, were deleted in the last 150 minutes or so.

We get it.

We heard it.

This is not the place for that discussion.

And posting live is impossible to keep up with. We are trying to moderate a forum, not a IRC chat.

So please, cool down. Write PMs to the mods. Or use the report button.

But please don't add further noise.

Open again.
Rivals, not enemies.

PlatinumZealot

So let's talk about George Russell again. Might he inherit Bottas' race engineer. That side of the Garage has been a bit weak after Nico left. Tony Ross stayed around to 2019 but I didn't sense the same enthusias he had with Nico. Ross left to Formula E and he was replaced with one of Hamilton' performance engineers. Some Musconi guy. Didn't really see amy brilliant moves from him either.
I can see George getting quite frustrated if he doesnt find a way to gell with him.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 05:20
So let's talk about George Russell again. Might he inherit Bottas' race engineer. That side of the Garage has been a bit weak after Nico left. Tony Ross stayed around to 2019 but I didn't sense the same enthusias he had with Nico. Ross left to Formula E and he was replaced with one of Hamilton' performance engineers. Some Musconi guy. Didn't really see amy brilliant moves from him either.
I can see George getting quite frustrated if he doesnt find a way to gell with him.
We are blaming Bottas lack of performance on his engineer? Or better said, we are attributing Hamilton’s performance gap over Bottas to Hamilton’s engineer?

Russell will be fine, gasping at straws trying to find reasons why he may not perform… Or on the other hand, if we want to find reasons for George to potentially be frustrated, I’m sure we can come with a very creative list 🤔

PlatinumZealot

Huh? What are you talking about?
You went off on four different tangents there. Why does everything have to be driver versus driver? Sigh.

I'm talking about how George Russell will gel with Mr. Musconi and if Musconi's conservative style will suit him well.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Stu

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 18:22
You went off on four different tangents there. Why does everything have to be driver versus driver? Sigh.

I'm talking about how George Russell will gel with Mr. Musconi and if Musconi's conservative style will suit him well.
To be fair PZ, I’m not sure how anyone was meant to guess at your second paragraph there from you previous comment about VB’s race engineer.
Do we know who will be working with George or Lewis yet? I doubt it. Do we know how George likes his car to be set up and how that compares with Lewis? I doubt it. When are we likely to find the first of these out? The first race. When are we likely to find the second of these out? Never (beyond platitudes of “they like a similar set-up” we will be left with wing settings, as usual.

Henri
Henri

hype

PlatinumZealot

Stu wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 18:47
To be fair PZ, I’m not sure how anyone was meant to guess at your second paragraph there from you previous comment about VB’s race engineer.
With all due respect; from my post:

Exhibit A
So let's talk about George Russell again.
Exhibit B
Might he inherit Bottas' race engineer.
Then I said this, Exhibit C:
That side of the Garage has been a bit weak after Nico left. Tony Ross stayed around to 2019 but I didn't sense the same enthusiasm he had with Nico. Ross left to Formula E and he was replaced with one of Hamilton' performance engineers. Some Musconi guy. Didn't really see amy brilliant moves from him either.

I can see George getting quite frustrated if he doesn't find a way to gel with him.

Your response:
Do we know who will be working with George or Lewis yet? I doubt it.
Never said he was!

Do we know how George likes his car to be set up and how that compares with Lewis? I doubt it.
Nope. Never said anything about car set-up.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

PlatinumZealot wrote:

I was basing my answer in your question/comments… You started with: “That side of the garage has been a bit weak after Nico left”… Who’s fault is it that Bottas side of the garage was weak? That’s the question I guess… You also make a very interesting comment: Tony Ross stayed, but you didn’t sense the same enthusiasm he had with Nico… How do you sense any Race Engineer enthusiasm? I mean, is it the tone of their voice when they communicate with their driver? Are you a part of the meetings pre-race and debrief afterwards? Someway somehow you have made and assessment on his “enthusiasm”, curious what’s the basis for it.

Then you talk about “Some Musconi guy” (a little disrespectful for my taste) and you didn’t really see “Any Brilliant Moves”… Have you seeing any brilliant moves from other race engineers? I follow F1 way more than I should and not once have I been able to spot a “Brilliant Move” from a performance engineer (which I’m sure they do those type of moves… but the fans simply don’t have access to that information, unless of course you have access to their internal communication to know what each engineer brings to the table on a weekly basis).

Then you finally make a comment that you can see George getting frustrated if he doesn’t find a way to tell with him… Which I guess, it’s possible… Like it is possible for every single driver in the grid that is changing engineers and even maybe for some that are still working with their previous ones… And about Musconi’s “Conservative Style”, how did you came up with that conclusion? Have you met him?… All I know about him is that he has been with the team since the Brawn GP days and that has received the Team’s trophy at the podium a few times.

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

I think Bottas ended up having to accept certain strategies because of his track position, if he qualified ahead of Lewis and was leading he would have had more choices, imo he ended up playing the team game because he was more often than not behind on track.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Marty_Y wrote:I think Bottas ended up having to accept certain strategies because of his track position, if he qualified ahead of Lewis and was leading he would have had more choices, imo he ended up playing the team game because he was more often than not behind on track.
Agreed! And those strategies came from James, not his race engineer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlatinumZealot

SmallSoldier wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 22:46
PlatinumZealot wrote:

I was basing my answer in your question/comments… You started with: “That side of the garage has been a bit weak after Nico left”… Who’s fault is it that Bottas side of the garage was weak? That’s the question I guess… You also make a very interesting comment: Tony Ross stayed, but you didn’t sense the same enthusiasm he had with Nico… How do you sense any Race Engineer enthusiasm? I mean, is it the tone of their voice when they communicate with their driver? Are you a part of the meetings pre-race and debrief afterwards? Someway somehow you have made and assessment on his “enthusiasm”, curious what’s the basis for it.

Then you talk about “Some Musconi guy” (a little disrespectful for my taste) and you didn’t really see “Any Brilliant Moves”… Have you seeing any brilliant moves from other race engineers? I follow F1 way more than I should and not once have I been able to spot a “Brilliant Move” from a performance engineer (which I’m sure they do those type of moves… but the fans simply don’t have access to that information, unless of course you have access to their internal communication to know what each engineer brings to the table on a weekly basis).

Then you finally make a comment that you can see George getting frustrated if he doesn’t find a way to tell with him… Which I guess, it’s possible… Like it is possible for every single driver in the grid that is changing engineers and even maybe for some that are still working with their previous ones… And about Musconi’s “Conservative Style”, how did you came up with that conclusion? Have you met him?… All I know about him is that he has been with the team since the Brawn GP days and that has received the Team’s trophy at the podium a few times.
A bit of stretch to imply all of that from my comments.
I know you aren't fond of Mercedes winning each year, you said it yourself you don't want Mercedes to win anymore, but that is not a good reason to stir the pot inside here.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 00:46
SmallSoldier wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 22:46
PlatinumZealot wrote:

A bit of stretch to imply all of that from my comments.
I know you aren't fond of Mercedes winning each year, you said it yourself you don't want Mercedes to win anymore, but that is not a good reason to stir the pot inside here.
You may be confusing me with someone else… I’ve never had a problem with Mercedes winning… Would love to see McLaren winning, but for me at least, the best should be the winner and it’s up to the rest of the team’s to catch and surpass whomever is ahead.

Zynerji

I'm excited to see George in the Merc. He's well groomed, but you can see the cockyness behind that in his interviews.

We will see how he handles a direct and even comparison with the GOAT. It will make him or break him.