2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McG

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Jun 2022, 16:27
This morning there is an quote by some Mercedes factory aero guy on Planet F1 saying Lewis is no Schumacher!

Seems Planet-F1 read these forums!

I know that guy quoted is not the first mechanic to debase Lewis. Mark Priestly's of McLaren bitterness towards Lewis is widely known... But this is the first negative comment from a Mercedes team member. Interesting.

For George if you ignore the Netflix fanboys, it's all roses and compliments so far. Haven't got into the nitty gritty of their driving styles yet though.
Why are you posting such inflammatory crappy gossip?

He's no Schumacher? No he's better and stats show that. Also Schumacher was 10x as dirty.

Mod edit: personal comment removed
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

Stu

McG wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 06:25
PlatinumZealot wrote:
This morning there is an quote by some Mercedes factory aero guy on Planet F1 saying Lewis is no Schumacher!

I know that guy quoted is not the first mechanic to debase Lewis. Mark Priestly's of McLaren bitterness towards Lewis is widely known... But this is the first negative comment from a Mercedes team member. Interesting.

For George if you ignore the Netflix fanboys, it's all roses and compliments so far. Haven't got into the nitty gritty of their driving styles yet though.

He's no Schumacher? No he's better and stats show that. Also Schumacher was 10x as dirty.

Calm it down a bit!

Read what the guy says rather than the ‘click-bait’ headline. Try not to fall back on the stats, they need to be viewed in context. Schumacher was just as dominant as Hamilton for a significant period of his career, and similarly suffered from jingoistic media coverage.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

IGOSNELL
IGOSNELL

Re: Mercedes W13

Agreed one would think they would need softer suspension based on what we saw in Monaco. But is this design able to accommodate a softer suspension, this car seems to be a Pandoras box and Mercedes don't really give us much to go on.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Are there so many high kerbs to ride as there are in Monaco, though?

Swed3120
Swed3120

Stu wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 07:31
McG wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 06:25
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Calm it down a bit!

Read what the guy says rather than the ‘click-bait’ headline. Try not to fall back on the stats, they need to be viewed in context. Schumacher was just as dominant as Hamilton for a significant period of his career, and similarly suffered from jingoistic media coverage.
It’s also worth pointing out when comparing stats is that for a large part of their careers, F1 had wildly different rules (I.e amount of points , races per season…)
You can’t compare seasons like 1994 which had 16 races to 2021 and it’s 22 races

ringo

silver wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 14:24
De Jokke wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 12:29
Anyone claiming Lewis needs a fast/perfect car, didn't watch the 2009 season.
Lewis performed miracles that year with a shitty car!
https://i.ibb.co/ThDbY1V/f12009.png

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/224 ... ampionship
McLaren's Ascension

McLaren's 2009 iteration—the MP4-24—has been the joke of the paddock for most of the season. Very rarely in the history of F1 does a team produce a car capable of being driven to a world championship one season only to produce a dog stuck at the back end the next, but this is exactly the car bestowed upon 2008 World Drivers' Champion Lewis Hamilton at the beginning of the season.

A joke it no longer is. After struggling to make Q2 as recently as Silverstone, the team moved an upgrade scheduled for the Hungaroring forward to the German Grand Prix. The upgrade immediately paid off, as the car gained 7-8 tenths of a second per lap in performance according to team principal Martin Whitmarsh.
He was on the podium in race 1. The DSQ tells no story.
For Sure!!

popovic94

Neuron wrote:
03 Jun 2022, 20:27
I think he was trying to say that Schumacher would say "add more toe" while Hamilton says "car is understeer"
I think that no driver from this generation can be compared to Schumacher or even another driver. Schumacher era was free testing, how many stories there is of Schumacher endlesly testing cars in Fiorano, drivers from that generation got opportunity to test every litlle change on the car, so they can learn what "add more toe" can do to car behaviour. Nowadays drivers and teams get real feel with the car just on friday, everything else is simulator
"Whoever you are, no matter what social position you have, rich or poor, always show great strength and determination, and always do everything with much love and deep faith in God. One day you will reach your goal." Ayrton Senna

De Jokke

silver wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 06:17
De Jokke wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 03:37
Look at Melbourne, look at Sepang (making a mockery of webber in the dominant RBR car), enough said!
Webber qualified a second off Button and Vettel qualified 6 tenths off Button in Australia.
Best times in Malaysia was recorded in Q2. Vettel qualified half a second off and Webber 9 tenths off Button in Malaysia.
Early part of the season, it was BrawnGP that was dominant. Only after Red Bull introduced their upgrades is when they became contenders.
I meant rbr dominant vs mclaren car. That was pretty obvious.
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

PlatinumZealot

GrizzleBoy wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 11:17
Are there so many high kerbs to ride as there are in Monaco, though?
Only two or three curb riding turns for these cars. Might be less.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

astracrazy
astracrazy

De Jokke wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 12:29
Anyone claiming Lewis needs a fast/perfect car, didn't watch the 2009 season.
Lewis performed miracles that year with a shitty car!
Are you sure about that? If I remember correctly (provide the results and correct me if I am wrong of course) he did just about as good as he is now until they brought a major upgrade half way through the season.
ringo wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 20:50
He was on the podium in race 1. The DSQ tells no story.

No Trulli was.

Lewis finished 4th (which would have been 6th if not for the second to last lap collision between Kubica and Vettel ahead of him). He lied about Trulli which led to Trulli getting a 25 sec penalty giving Lewis 3rd place. This was then cancelled once it became clear Lewis and his team mislead the stewards which led to Lewis getting disqualified.

De Jokke

He came from 15 or something to 3/4th that race in a crap car. I rest my case...
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

astracrazy
astracrazy

De Jokke wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 16:09
He came from 15 or something to 3/4th that race in a crap car. I rest my case...
No there was no third as I have already pointed out :wtf:

I just don't see the miracle you claim he performed. That 4th was followed by 7th, 6th, 4th, 9th, 12th, 13th, 16th and 18th in a crap car. Then there was the major update and his results were 1st, 2nd, Ret, 12th, 1st, 3rd, 3rd and Ret which included four pole positions. Lewis didn't perform miracles, the car was clearly crap and then became good with a major update.

xaero
xaero

astracrazy wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 09:01
De Jokke wrote:

I just don't see the miracle you claim he performed. That 4th was followed by 7th, 6th, 4th, 9th, 12th, 13th, 16th and 18th in a crap car. Then there was the major update and his results were 1st, 2nd, Ret, 12th, 1st, 3rd, 3rd and Ret which included four pole positions. Lewis didn't perform miracles, the car was clearly crap and then became good with a major update.
Do you want to prove that Ham is a s**t driver? He or anyone has noting to provide to anyone especially to a forum user like you or me. Instead of wasting time here in unnecessary banter try to do something productive in life.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

wogx

He just proves that Hamilton is not a miracle driver, that's not that hard to swallow, mate
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

astracrazy
astracrazy

xaero wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 09:27
astracrazy wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 09:01
De Jokke wrote:

Do you want to prove that Ham is a s**t driver? He or anyone has noting to provide to anyone especially to a forum user like you or me. Instead of wasting time here in unnecessary banter try to do something productive in life.
Are you ok? You seem upset.