2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Fernando Alonso wrote:But anyway, yes I apologise. I’m not thinking what I said – I don’t think that it was much to blame in that moment looking at the replays to be honest, because it was a first-lap incident and we are close together. The heat of the moment, the adrenaline of the moment, fighting finally for the top two, top three, made me say those comments that I should not say

At the same time, I said after the race that it was a racing incident in my opinion. When you say something on the radio, in that moment you think you are talking to your engineer, so you are preparing the strategy – you start in the top three, you overtake Checo in the first corner and running second and then something happens and you say something to your mate, your colleague, to your engineer in that moment.

“Obviously you should be aware that it should be broadcasted, but it’s like if someone makes a hard tackle or something in football. In that moment you say something to your team mate or whatever, and in that moment it’s not broadcasted. Before the race or after the race, I said what I was thinking. On the radio, I said something that I was not… I don’t think that way

From https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... UKp0i.html

mendis
mendis

Quantum wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 16:32
mendis wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 14:26
Some teams could have contorlled the porpoising, but they chose not to and hence, endangered the drivers. Once FIA threatened with a non-favorable TD, those teams behaved well and porpoising was gone. Team's fault.
No, how is Baku the same as Silverstone/Austria/France/Hungary?

I'll repeat, every single team had to raise their rear ride height above their expectational level for Spa to meet the TD. That would never have happened had the TD not been implemented.
So your selective bias is dispelled immediately, specifically with accusations that only some teams were endangering drivers and the rest complied to ....what exactly? There was no figure.
mendis wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 14:26
Teams already solved the porpoising problems. Cars now barely porpoise. Nothing to do with Horner, but he was right too. Porpoising was solved without any regulatory change.
Did you even watch any race after Baku or are you just making it up?
It was after all the drama in Baku that FIA threatened with a TD and all the suffering teams quietly fixed the problem "AFTER BAKU". Is it that hard for you to understand? What are you going on about? Mercedes did their best to drive a regulation change where they wanted "minimum ride height" to be imposed. But FIA came out with a completely different approach, which was fair and suddenly, Mercedes went quiet and the porpoising went away! You are being too silly with your arguments and repeating same non sensical stuff.

Big Tea

Thats nice to see
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

He knows who the BOSS is 😎
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Big Tea wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 20:01
Thats nice to see
Indeed so. Seems to me it's all being a bit like one of those arguments mates have after a few beers. Next time you meet up, it's "sorry about that", "no, I'm sorry", "so we're all cool? great!".

Words get spoken in the heat of the moment. It takes maturity from everyone involved to row back from it and get on with life. These two have done that so, onwards! =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

vorticism

PlatinumZealot wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 20:42
Most of us do.

𓄀

Big Tea

vorticism wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 23:24
PlatinumZealot wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 20:42
Most of us do.

https://i.imgur.com/5KPq3p0.jpg
Soooo, do we take that as Russell to Alpine then :twisted:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

organic

https://www.racefans.net/2022/09/02/rac ... p-02-09-5/

Good news for ham's engine pool
Mercedes plan to reintroduce Hamilton’s damaged Spa engine after repairs

cplchanb
cplchanb

organic wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 01:16

then again this season they gave teams a lot more freedom to repair their powertrain components without penalty...

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 01:16

Why does it even matter?
A lion must kill its prey.

carisi2k

Repairing a damaged engine is not possible. If it is that damaged then it will have to be discarded and this new engine take it's place. Otherwise Ferrari would be able to have repaired there power units that went kapow and not have it cost them anything. If they fix the engine then the repaired parts will require a penalty.

e30ernest
e30ernest

carisi2k wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 05:43
Repairing a damaged engine is not possible. If it is that damaged then it will have to be discarded and this new engine take it's place. Otherwise Ferrari would be able to have repaired there power units that went kapow and not have it cost them anything. If they fix the engine then the repaired parts will require a penalty.
Probably just broken ancillaries (nothing internal) so they are able to make repairs.

carisi2k

e30ernest wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 05:47
carisi2k wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 05:43
Probably just broken ancillaries (nothing internal) so they are able to make repairs.
If it is just that then the power unit is not broken but I suspect that we won't be seeing that power unit again and this new power unit will require lewis to take penalties I believe.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

The most probable ICE broken parts that will need replacement are both the valve covers and the lower crankcase (mounting points) as to the lower crankcase it will in turn most probably involve also the upper crankcase as a matched part (main bearings bores). same goes for the valve covers and cylinder heads (camshafts bearing bores).
Last edited by saviour stivala on 02 Sep 2022, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.

Quantum

mendis wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 19:29
It was after all the drama in Baku that FIA threatened with a TD and all the suffering teams quietly fixed the problem "AFTER BAKU". Is it that hard for you to understand? What are you going on about? Mercedes did their best to drive a regulation change where they wanted "minimum ride height" to be imposed. But FIA came out with a completely different approach, which was fair and suddenly, Mercedes went quiet and the porpoising went away! You are being too silly with your arguments and repeating same non sensical stuff.
I'm dealing in facts. You are dealing in diatribe and finger pointing.

What you are saying then, is that Baku is the same as France, Silverstone, Austria and low speed Hungary? False.
"They quietly fixed the problem". That's absolutely false. Ferrari still porpoised, so did Mercedes and others.

Along comes Spa.

Every single team had to raise rear ride height. Horner even makes mention of it saying the RB needed to raise more than expected to meet the TD.
But how can the problem be solved AFTER BAKU if every single team needs to raise their rear ride height?

You are literally making stuff up and calling people silly for countering it.
"Interplay of triads"