2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Amazing a driver barely a tenth off qualli pace vs Yuki in general and on a run of 3 consecutive better weekends than Yuki and achieving higher peak results in 3x 4th and 1x 5th before the compromised run here is being considered for the RBR seat. It's silly because he likes the same car as Max and rarely crashes unlike Perez. He also put the RB19 on the front row on a green Silverstone track after barely 12 laps in the test being rusty AF but obviously that's just a fluke because he was never any good at Red Bull anyway and the engineers are all liars. Red Bull don't know what the heck they are doing with all that data and should just ignore that and throw in another driver instead. 🤪

Dunlay
Dunlay

djos wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 06:51
Dunlay wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 06:38
djos wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 04:33

No, you are trolling, the team put their hand up and admitted their mistake - it doesnt matter if you are Max in the RBR, if you catch traffic like he did, it compromises your entire lap. But maybe you just arent a serious F1 fan, and fail to comprehend the nuances of setting a fast lap time?
Like I said, there is always a reason. Bad drivers always end up in some issues almost always and it barely happens to top drivers. There are always some problems for Perez in a top team. Teams usually don't berate the drivers in public unless they are Guenther, but inside the team they know where the problem is and they don't talk about it. If not immediately, Daniel will be out after the season. If Marko has his way like in the past, then it's immediate.
Seriously, could you possibly hate on Daniel more? Did he kill your kitten or something?

If Daniel is such a bad driver, why then is Yuki praising him for his technical feedback and huge influence in the team? This isn’t a Logan or Perez situation where all you hear from the team is “he needs to do better”.
According to Tsunoda, Ricciardo has been a huge influence in the Faenza-based team, although he has no say in whether Ricciardo or Liam Lawson are signed for 2025.

"It's not a thing I can decide or control," Tsunoda told select media including RacingNews365. "I don't mind with any team-mate but, for sure, Daniel is giving a lot of technical feedback and everything and is, of course, an important influence for us.

"There is a lot of positive things that we got, and probably some of the things we were able tp benefit from is because of him. But at the same time, it's up to them really."
I find it amusing when people start getting personal in an argument. Instead of focusing on the subject in the post, start attacking the poster. :)

Bottom-line is, Daniel is at the end of the long rope and hopefully we can see an exciting talent fill that space occupied by an underperforming driver that needs fans on internet to defend his underperformance every race weekend.

It's not just Daniel, there are a bunch of has beens on the grid that should simply walk out and let other young drivers get an opportunity to showcase their talents. Haas seems to show better decision making skills than Red Bull at the moment.

djos

Dunlay wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 08:08
djos wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 06:51
Dunlay wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 06:38
Like I said, there is always a reason. Bad drivers always end up in some issues almost always and it barely happens to top drivers. There are always some problems for Perez in a top team. Teams usually don't berate the drivers in public unless they are Guenther, but inside the team they know where the problem is and they don't talk about it. If not immediately, Daniel will be out after the season. If Marko has his way like in the past, then it's immediate.
Seriously, could you possibly hate on Daniel more? Did he kill your kitten or something?

If Daniel is such a bad driver, why then is Yuki praising him for his technical feedback and huge influence in the team? This isn’t a Logan or Perez situation where all you hear from the team is “he needs to do better”.
According to Tsunoda, Ricciardo has been a huge influence in the Faenza-based team, although he has no say in whether Ricciardo or Liam Lawson are signed for 2025.

"It's not a thing I can decide or control," Tsunoda told select media including RacingNews365. "I don't mind with any team-mate but, for sure, Daniel is giving a lot of technical feedback and everything and is, of course, an important influence for us.

"There is a lot of positive things that we got, and probably some of the things we were able tp benefit from is because of him. But at the same time, it's up to them really."
I find it amusing when people start getting personal in an argument. Instead of focusing on the subject in the post, start attacking the poster. :)

Bottom-line is, Daniel is at the end of the long rope and hopefully we can see an exciting talent fill that space occupied by an underperforming driver that needs fans on internet to defend his underperformance every race weekend.

It's not just Daniel, there are a bunch of has beens on the grid that should simply walk out and let other young drivers get an opportunity to showcase their talents. Haas seems to show better decision making skills than Red Bull at the moment.
I’m not getting personal, I’m just trying to understand why your point of view completely lacks balance and ignores the facts?
"In downforce we trust"

Mansell89
Mansell89

I’m not sure Ricciardo is underperforming tbh. The RB car seems very up and down this year and track/conditions dependent.

Ricciardo had some strong weekends of late and actually I think credit must be given to Tsunoda, who has driven out of his skin since Ricciardos arrival, and someone who was always very fast but a little hot headed occasionally.

Would Ricciardo be fortunate to get the Red Bull second seat? Yes.

But are there good reasons to do it? Also yes.

Ricciardo wasn’t particularly spectacular in the Toro Rosso when he started - I always thought Jean Eric Vergne was very unlucky not to get it- but Ricc really stepped his game up in better cars and was well worthy of being there. He was also excellent at Renault- another car that had a great front end.

I suspect that the circumstances are:

-Either Sainz doesn’t want RBR or they don’t want to mix him with Max after their battles in TR.

-Tsunoda is probably the “merit” choice, but is viewed as a Honda man as opposed to a Red Bull junior, ruling him out.

-Lawson will only come into F1 via the RB Visa team as has to prove himself.

-For whatever reason, Red Bull just won’t offer Alonso a couple of years, when in reality he’s arguably a top 3 driver on the grid even now.

Put all of those things together and really you’ve got Ricciardo v Perez, and frankly Perez hasn’t even come close to being what they need.

So I can see it, there is logic to it, but have his performances merited it? No, but he has a lot of credit in the bank historically and is a popular man.

So it will always divide opinion but when you assume the above circumstances are correct, for me you swap him and Perez around or if Perez is really done- Lawson into RB Visa.

djos

Nice summary, I think you covered it really well. 👍🏻
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

ItT IS RACE DAY!!

Yuki and Daniel arriving at the track.

The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 12:41
ItT IS RACE DAY!!

The lads have great style, each is unique, but it suits them. 😎
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 12:48
Wouter wrote:
ItT IS RACE DAY!!

I assume it's from BOSS. This style makes Daniel a bit older than he is because of the checked pattern
and the double row of buttons I think.
Too chic/classic for a circuit imo, but it will be prescribed by the sponsor.
He looks handsome in it and it is great for attending a wedding though! 8)
I hope the strategist has slept well and uses his brains for once this afternoon!! :evil:
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 13:22
djos wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 12:48
Wouter wrote:
ItT IS RACE DAY!!

I assume it's from BOSS. This style makes Daniel a bit older than he is because of the checked pattern
and the double row of buttons I think.
Too chic/classic for a circuit imo, but it will be prescribed by the sponsor.
He looks handsome in it and it is great for attending a wedding though! 8)
I hope the strategist has slept well and uses his brains for once this afternoon!! :evil:
Well, if this F1 lark doesn't work out, Modelling looks and a good option... :D

Yeah, I hope so too - getting into the points is going to be tough for both, and the strategy needs to be perfect! [-o<
"In downforce we trust"

Watto
Watto

Mansell89 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 09:36
I’m not sure Ricciardo is underperforming tbh. The RB car seems very up and down this year and track/conditions dependent.

Ricciardo had some strong weekends of late and actually I think credit must be given to Tsunoda, who has driven out of his skin since Ricciardos arrival, and someone who was always very fast but a little hot headed occasionally.

Would Ricciardo be fortunate to get the Red Bull second seat? Yes.

But are there good reasons to do it? Also yes.

Ricciardo wasn’t particularly spectacular in the Toro Rosso when he started - I always thought Jean Eric Vergne was very unlucky not to get it- but Ricc really stepped his game up in better cars and was well worthy of being there. He was also excellent at Renault- another car that had a great front end.

I suspect that the circumstances are:

-Either Sainz doesn’t want RBR or they don’t want to mix him with Max after their battles in TR.

-Tsunoda is probably the “merit” choice, but is viewed as a Honda man as opposed to a Red Bull junior, ruling him out.

-Lawson will only come into F1 via the RB Visa team as has to prove himself.

-For whatever reason, Red Bull just won’t offer Alonso a couple of years, when in reality he’s arguably a top 3 driver on the grid even now.

Put all of those things together and really you’ve got Ricciardo v Perez, and frankly Perez hasn’t even come close to being what they need.

So I can see it, there is logic to it, but have his performances merited it? No, but he has a lot of credit in the bank historically and is a popular man.

So it will always divide opinion but when you assume the above circumstances are correct, for me you swap him and Perez around or if Perez is really done- Lawson into RB Visa.
I would add a little more.

I almost feel like its either Dan is at RBR next year or hes done Lawson will have his seat at RB.

I think there are some other things in Dans favor, he and Max get along pretty well. I almost think Dan is one that get Max to relax a little in interviews and be less serious.

I think Dan has a simuar driving style to Max very pointy front end

I think too Dan probably knows too hes playing 2nd fiddle to Max in the team, maybe the odd win but priority is behind Max.

Also, Dan experence. I think a less experence driver if they had to compae themselves against Max all the time in the same car may find it hard, Albon for example. I saw an interiview I think it was with Rosberg about competing against Lewis. Where he said something like he wored hard to find little advantages against Lewis where he could beat him, all that did was made Lewis more determined to fix that weakness. and he usually did before too long. Max I think is very much the same so needs someone who knows how to take it.

I question how much Alonso would really be willing to regularly prioritize Max over himself, I do think he can show hes a team player but put him in a potential championship winning car....

I think Red Bull would also be hesitant to put a driver that might upset the team balance with Max - whether thats a good thing or bad.

Bill
Bill

toraabe wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 19:19
Bill wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 19:08
Wouter wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 17:07

Daniel for the redbull seat ? not so fast he need to overcome that 0.6 tenth elephant in the pitlane.yuki jop real is to screw his teammate since redbull won't promote him or can't let him go to sauber.
Daniel has proved that he can cope with the rb quirks. He and Max wants that biting front end and a loose rear. You will be surprised when he gets in the car. He will be fast right away.
As a driver you are expected to adapt unless you plan to write your own set of tech regulation.a very strong frontend won't work with ground effect car.it worked in the past because redbull had a high rake car.

djos

Bill wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 14:26
As a driver you are expected to adapt unless you plan to write your own set of tech regulation.a very strong frontend won't work with ground effect car.it worked in the past because redbull had a high rake car.
Except, all the reports agree that the GE RBR cars have all had a strong front end, and Daniel was fast in the RB19 at last year's Silverstone test.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/red-b ... /10437300/
Instead, he says the team has long had a history of producing cars with a strong front end, and it’s something he has simply learned to deal with.

“I don't think it has necessarily suited my driving style,” he said. “As a driver, you need to adapt to what you get, and that's also what I did when I joined Red Bull.

“The car was always like that, to be honest. It had a good front end, and I've never experienced a fast car with understeer in my life, in any category.
"In downforce we trust"

ispano6

Team blew the chance for Yuki to undercut Nico, Stroll and Alonso. Strategist should have saw that, I saw that .

Bill
Bill

the worst part was putting yuki on soft on a track that put a lot of energy on tires.these team never learn same with ferrari.yuki had albon covered for the race until they ruined for him.

Bill
Bill

ispano6 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 16:53
Team blew the chance for Yuki to undercut Nico, Stroll and Alonso. Strategist should have saw that, I saw that .
they were busy prioritising there lead driver who was outside the points