2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

If Marko is at Red Bull, Yuki will always have a shot at a seat. Too bad the VCARBS aren't good enough to compete for points this season, would be nice to see what Yuki and Daniel could really do... but so far it seems Yuki is just clear of Dani this season. Only 2 races though.

Wouter

Haas concedes Magnussen should have let Tsunoda pass in Saudi F1 GP

Haas Formula 1 team principal Ayao Komatsu accepts Kevin Magnussen should have let Yuki Tsunoda pass in Jeddah after overtaking him off the track, but he praised his defensive teamwork.

"I believe at that point in the race, if I remember the projection very well, we are fighting with Tsunoda for P10," Komatsu said.

"Of course, we should have given the place back, we should have tried to overtake him. I believe with our pace we could have done that.

"So, I think the end result we are still looking for P10. Whether we could have achieved it is another story."

Commenting on the incident, Magnussen said: "I overtook Tsunoda and went outside to track, so rules are rules.

"I'm not happy with myself to get those two penalties, but at least I was able to help the team to create a gap for Nico to pit and get a point.

"It's a tight battle between the five teams at the back. From P6 down to 10th it's a real championship, so every point matters."
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas ... /10586487/
The Power of Dreams!

arjen.teravest
arjen.teravest

djos wrote:
arjen.teravest wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 23:23
djos wrote: You know he got shafted by a 40+ second pitstop and that the Williams cars were faster than us right? Albon even managed to overtake Yuki and then gap him.
Ok, then let me ask another question: who deserves a potential seat at Red Bull and why? Yuki or Daniel? Or Liam maybe?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Bit early to be making these sort of prognostications imo.

But if you want to play, I’ll oblige, it won’t be Yuki, he doesn’t have the maturity or temperament.
Agree to a certain extend. Think both are not ideal candidates to be honest. If they don’t fill the seat with an experienced driver my preference would be Liam.

djos

arjen.teravest wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 18:40
djos wrote:
arjen.teravest wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 23:23

Ok, then let me ask another question: who deserves a potential seat at Red Bull and why? Yuki or Daniel? Or Liam maybe?

Bit early to be making these sort of prognostications imo.

But if you want to play, I’ll oblige, it won’t be Yuki, he doesn’t have the maturity or temperament.
Agree to a certain extend. Think both are not ideal candidates to be honest. If they don’t fill the seat with an experienced driver my preference would be Liam.

Liam is a future star, no doubt about it.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

Anyone know anymore details of what they found with Dan's car after qualli which apparently he carried into the race?

Big or small no doubt both drivers were not happy with the car in the race. Dan mentioned they found some things to fix too. Hopefully a much better balanced car for Oz.

I don't get all the pitchforks for Dan after 2 races either. Bahrain was a tenth in qualli with unfortunately a big outcome and no chance to make up much from there in the race given how poor the car is.

While poor in qualli there was barely a point on offer too at Jeddah and that shocking pitstop did not help his chances to make any inroads.

Would be nice to hear from thecteam as definitely the bigger issue is how ordinary the car is currently.

https://f1i.com/news/502480-ricciardo-s ... fying.html

djos

runningmanz wrote:
13 Mar 2024, 05:39
Anyone know anymore details of what they found with Dan's car after qualli which apparently he carried into the race?

Big or small no doubt both drivers were not happy with the car in the race. Dan mentioned they found some things to fix too. Hopefully a much better balanced car for Oz.

I don't get all the pitchforks for Dan after 2 races either. Bahrain was a tenth in qualli with unfortunately a big outcome and no chance to make up much from there in the race given how poor the car is.

While poor in qualli there was barely a point on offer too at Jeddah and that shocking pitstop did not help his chances to make any inroads.

Would be nice to hear from thecteam as definitely the bigger issue is how ordinary the car is currently.

Normally when a non-factory team wont tell you what the issue is, it's PU and they dont want to annoy the Engine Supplier.

The other possibility is a damaged floor and they didnt have spares on hand, enough time to change it or didnt want a penalty.
"In downforce we trust"

Watto
Watto

djos wrote:
13 Mar 2024, 05:52
runningmanz wrote:

Normally when a non-factory team wont tell you what the issue is, it's PU and they dont want to annoy the Engine Supplier.

The other possibility is a damaged floor and they didnt have spares on hand, enough time to change it or didnt want a penalty.
Guessing not PU they changed rules to allow engine changes after parc freme
One of the most notable changes is a rule on the engine, which the FIA hopes will improve reliability. Until recently, it was not permitted to make temporary repairs to the engine, but that is about to change. In some cases teams will be allowed to do so in the near future, possibly avoiding the need to change parts. Teams will also be allowed to replace the engine with a new specification between qualifying and the race. All this must be done within the parc fermé rules
I think you have to show there is a fault with the engine had a fault. Or change parts on safety grounds ( I think) but are pretty regulated.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/114022/f ... anges.html

djos

Good Point.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:
13 Mar 2024, 05:52
runningmanz wrote:

Yeah would be interesting to hear more detail. Just hope the car is much better in Oz. Its been a frustrating start to the season.

ispano6

runningmanz wrote:

Dude, you and the other guy are the ones denigrating Yuki. What do you expect?

djos

ispano6 wrote:
13 Mar 2024, 16:05
runningmanz wrote:

What a load of rubbish! We praise him when he does well, and we I critique him when he behaves badly and loses his temper!

Daniel spent 2 years at McLaren in a car diametrically opposed to his driving style and you didn’t see him cracking it at the team once did you?

Yuki gets a single team order and totally loses his marbles and then divebombs his teammate on the cool down lap twice.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

ispano6 wrote:
13 Mar 2024, 16:05
runningmanz wrote:

Yeah this is rubbish, I've been more than fair to Yuki and praised him when he does well and give constructive criticism when he doesn't like at Bahrain at the end of the race.

FW17

Marko wrote in his column for Red Bull-owned publication Speed Week. “There’s a lot at stake this season for both Yuki and Daniel. Yuki’s qualifying performance was very good and Ricciardo has to come up with something soon.”
Wonder if soon means 2 races like it was with Nyck de Vries

djos

FW17 wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 05:08
Marko wrote in his column for Red Bull-owned publication Speed Week. “There’s a lot at stake this season for both Yuki and Daniel. Yuki’s qualifying performance was very good and Ricciardo has to come up with something soon.”
Wonder if soon means 2 races like it was with Nyck de Vries
2, didn’t he get 10?
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

Its pretty silly imo people are stoking up Ricciardo is in serious trouble after 2 race weekends. He has to come up with something soon can mean anything. IE if he doesn't he might struggle to beat Yuki this season and therefor is in danger of missing out on the RBR seat. Not necessarily out of a seat altogether or out of RB.

There is still the praise from alot of staff about his development work so unless he is thrashed all year I can't see him being out of F1. Not to mention there is still 22 races left. Lawson doesn;t have the experience they specifically said they required in having one driver of that type in the team alongside a younger driver. Having said that I expect him to fire again soon if not in Oz if the car is more balanced like we saw last year at Mexico, Hungary, Brazil etc

Finally the score between each driver is currently 0-0 , Yuki wasn't exactly firing either during the last race and the car is barely capable of points *yet*. I think the team can see all of this data objectively and are not thinking about potentially getting rid of Dan at all. It goes against everything Mekies said as recently as a week ago about how in high regard they hold him, supporting him and doing all they can to bring out his best. As I believe they think the same for Yuki. Its not the same as McLaren either where this went on over multiple seasons. Last year Dan was more than competitive with Yuki and with a broken hand recovery too.

RB haven't met thier end of the deal providing a car both drivers can excel in and they know it.