2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FW17

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

djos wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 05:33
FW17 wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 05:08
Marko wrote in his column for Red Bull-owned publication Speed Week. “There’s a lot at stake this season for both Yuki and Daniel. Yuki’s qualifying performance was very good and Ricciardo has to come up with something soon.”
Wonder if soon means 2 races like it was with Nyck de Vries
2, didn’t he get 10?
Initial rumor was around the Baku GP that he had 2 races (Apr end). There was more comments from Marko through May. It came to a end in Silverstone 6 races later in 1st week of July

runningmanz
runningmanz

FW17 wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 09:54
djos wrote:
FW17 wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 05:08

Wonder if soon means 2 races like it was with Nyck de Vries
2, didn’t he get 10?
Initial rumor was around the Baku GP that he had 2 races (Apr end). There was more comments from Marko through May. It came to a end in Silverstone 6 races later in 1st week of July
De Vries was rubbish. Not even remotely in the same ballpark as Ricciardo nor does he have the runs on the board results or experience wise either. Nor the praise from people like Bayer, Permane, Eggington, Horner, Tost etc the list goes on. Ricciardo when in the zone is top drawer, RB are prudent to at least play out a while yet if not the whole season car development wise too with Dans help before making any decisions. Then again they may not have to if Dan as soon as next race starts pulling the big results he is capable of. It shows the negative bias of people to be going this hard after 2 races of 24 when even those 2 races were impacted by a substandard car which even Yuki said is not good enough not to mention issues the found after Dans qualli and race as stated recently. Other drivers are getting beaten way more by teammates at this early point. Its still 0 points each. In other words folks need to take a chill pill and stop overreacting after 2 races..

The head to head Yuki vs De Vries. 206 laps inside the top 10 to 1. 1 lap inside the top 10 in 10 races!! That says enough...

https://f1bytes.com/2023-h2h-dev-tsu/

Bill
Bill

yuki overachieved by qualifying p9 he did same in abudhabi by qualifying p6 ahead of some quick cars from top teams soif he goes back during race people think he is doing a lousy jop .the car is were it should be outside the top10.you got top 3 mclaren and aston therefore scoring points is always going to be a challenge.

Aesop
Aesop

runningmanz wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 11:23
FW17 wrote:
djos wrote:

2, didn’t he get 10?
De Vries was rubbish. Not even remotely in the same ballpark as Ricciardo nor does he have the runs on the board results or experience wise either.
Current Ricciardo reminds me of De Vries though.

djos

Aesop wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 12:27
runningmanz wrote:
FW17 wrote:

De Vries was rubbish. Not even remotely in the same ballpark as Ricciardo nor does he have the runs on the board results or experience wise either.
Well I suggest you find a way to improve your neural efficiency, clearly your ability to compare data and scenarios is suffering degradation.

Nyck made Q2 just twice, Daniel has made Q2 in both races so far this year.

Not to mention last year he put the car in P4 along side Max in Mexico.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 12:35
Aesop wrote:
runningmanz wrote:
Well I suggest you find a way to improve your neural efficiency, clearly your ability to compare data and scenarios is suffering degradation.

Do you know De Vries was in his FIRST year of the F1? NO experience what so ever?!

Ricciardo was in his THIRTEENTH year with a lot of experience so he had to be muuuuuch better than de Vries but he wasn't!
The Power of Dreams!

f1isgood
f1isgood

I can see why people are keen for Ricciardo to succeed, but to completely ignore the fact that he has had a relatively better car than De Vries to make a point is quite something.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if Ricciardo is any better than De Vries or not. What matters is if he can make a good case to replace Perez, which is conditioned on Perez being poor, and Ricciardo being great. Here great as in beating Tsunoda comfortably. As of now, neither is happening.

Tsunoda has always been quite quick and over the last couple of years that has transformed into a bit of consistency -- still not good enough for Red Bull second seat but good enough to be in a midfield team, in my view. Ricciardo has a golden opportunity to prove himself, an opportunity that almost no other driver gets. He better make the best use of it.

De Vries was a Marko choice and Ricciardo was a Horner choice. In the end both seem to be not good enough as of today so they both better agree that driver development is not for either of them and leave it to someone else.

djos

Wouter wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 12:44
djos wrote:
Aesop wrote:

Do you know De Vries was in his FIRST year of the F1? NO experience what so ever?!

Ricciardo was in his THIRTEENTH year with a lot of experience so he had to be muuuuuch better than de Vries but he wasn't!
Nyck was nearly 30 with many more years racing experience than Yuki, and an FE championship. He should have hit the ground running.

It’s not the first time a champion from another series has come in and bombed! The same happened to Sebastian Bourdais and Brendon Hartley.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 13:02
Wouter wrote:
djos wrote:

Nyck was nearly 30 with many more years racing experience than Yuki, and an FE championship. He should have hit the ground running.

It’s not the first time a champion from another series has come in and bombed! The same happened to Sebastian Bourdais and Brendon Hartley.
It seems you missed my point. I wasn't talking about Yuki.

The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Wouter wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 13:09
djos wrote:
14 Mar 2024, 13:02
Wouter wrote:

It seems you missed my point. I wasn't talking about Yuki.

Cmon Wouter be serious, it's 2 races in. It's a very long season. Will you change your tune next race if Ricciardo scores points and Yuki doesn't. Dan was muuuuuch better than DeVries last year vs Yuki. This year it's far too early to call.

Besides Piastri came into his first year and was impressive. DeVries was miles off Yuki and also in comparison to Dan vs Yuki as well in performances and total head to head data. Again factor in its only 2 races this season out of 24. Plenty of races remaining for Yuki to take a severe beating from Dan if he's good enough. Don't get too carried away at this early stage..

Wouter

A long interview with Mekies on Motorsport Italy. Translated into English by Google:

https://it-motorsport-com.translate.goo ... r_pto=wapp

The Power of Dreams!

bigblue

To me, it's not clear if Ricciardo is talking about defective/badly installed parts, overall set-up direction, or small design errors that can be fixed when he's been saying they found issues. Sounds most like overall set-up from this autosport article?

By the way, a bit too early to say much about Yuki vs. Daniel, need another couple of races for preliminary feelings imo.

djos

bigblue wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 00:36
To me, it's not clear if Ricciardo is talking about defective/badly installed parts, overall set-up direction, or small design errors that can be fixed when he's been saying they found issues. Sounds most like overall set-up from this autosport article?

By the way, a bit too early to say much about Yuki vs. Daniel, need another couple of races for preliminary feelings imo.
Agreed, I think he was being deliberately vague.

Exactly, the team are still trying to figure out their new car and most of the time there is barely a 1/10th or two between the drivers.

There’s much bigger gaps between drivers at some of the high profile teams.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

bigblue wrote:

Yeah there is something there even Yuki is not happy with the car. Will be interesting to see what improvements are made for Australia by the team and drivers.

Correct after 2 races its clear that sample size is way too small to draw any solid conclusions.

Interesting comments from Dan about Laurent's no BS approach.

https://racingnews365.com/ricciardo-pra ... p-approach

djos

runningmanz wrote:
15 Mar 2024, 01:21
bigblue wrote:

Yeah there is something there even Yuki is not happy with the car. Will be interesting to see what improvements are made for Australia by the team and drivers.

Correct after 2 races its clear that sample size is way too small to draw any solid conclusions.

Interesting comments from Dan about Laurent's no BS approach.

https://racingnews365.com/ricciardo-pra ... p-approach
My kind of manager!

In all Honestly, this is the best approach and how I deal with those who I work for and who work for me. I don't do sub-text or politics, it just gets in the way of getting results.
“Even I like to talk to sometimes, I might be dragging on a little bit and he's like, ‘Mate, just get to the point, what do you want to tell me? 'You don't have to be nice, just say it’.
"In downforce we trust"