Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

mendis wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 20:21
SoulPancake13 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 20:19
mendis wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 20:16
Where does the best driver go? Mercedes? Ferrari? Retirement? :lol:

There will be a line-up of the most talented drivers willing to jump in that Red Bull, including Lewis Hamilton. Look at Lewis today without a winning car. It would be Max if he leaves Red Bull.
Of course. But honestly, I doubt a disgraced Horner is worth losing Max(if Jos is serious and Max agrees with him is obviously a huge caveat).
Disgraced in the eyes of his detractors. Remember, he has cleared the Red Bull GmbH investigation by virtue of the case against him having been dismissed.
There's obviously a difference between court of public opinion and court of corporations though. Dismissed does not mean innocent.

DChemTech
DChemTech

mendis wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 19:56
I would wager that Max is letting Jos do the talking for him here. It is well known that Horner did not want Max in 2016, but Marko pushed him through - those two have an incredibly close relationship. The power struggle between Horner and Marko seems to have been very real. If Jos is serious about Max walking if Horner stays, I think Red Bull will have their hands forced. You can't lose the best driver in the world.

There will be a line-up of the most talented drivers willing to jump in that Red Bull, including Lewis Hamilton. Look at Lewis today without a winning car. Sad story. Same would be Max if he leaves Red Bull.
Perhaps. Red Bull have been quite vocal in disagreement with 2026 regs, so it could be that there is little confidence in RB remaining on top after 2025?

hollus

Disgraced in the eyes of his detractors. Remember, he has cleared the Red Bull GmbH investigation by virtue of the case against him having been dismissed.
There's obviously a difference between court of public opinion and court of corporations though. Dismissed does not mean innocent.
Both points have been made 25 times. No spam, please.
Rivals, not enemies.

mendis
mendis

DChemTech wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 20:23
mendis wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:
I would wager that Max is letting Jos do the talking for him here. It is well known that Horner did not want Max in 2016, but Marko pushed him through - those two have an incredibly close relationship. The power struggle between Horner and Marko seems to have been very real. If Jos is serious about Max walking if Horner stays, I think Red Bull will have their hands forced. You can't lose the best driver in the world.

There will be a line-up of the most talented drivers willing to jump in that Red Bull, including Lewis Hamilton. Look at Lewis today without a winning car. Sad story. Same would be Max if he leaves Red Bull.
Perhaps. Red Bull have been quite vocal in disagreement with 2026 regs, so it could be that there is little confidence in RB remaining on top after 2025?
Not being vocal means doing well? Renault wasn't vocal on 2014 changes.

DChemTech
DChemTech

mendis wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 20:25
DChemTech wrote:
mendis wrote:

Not necessarily, but typically vocally opposing something does have it's reasons - if you were confident and comfortable, you'd welcome change or act indifferent. But anyway, all speculation.

f1isgood
f1isgood

F1 is a motorsport. The emphasis being on motor. Without a good car no driver regardless of how fast/great they are can win much. If Jos Verstappen somehow thinks and convinces Max that he has a better shot at winning a title outside of RB at least up until 2026, it would reflect very poorly on Max.

Horner knows how to run a successful F1 team and has shown he can also lead a team to fight back if they fall off.

It's time Horner sent a strong message showing he's the boss and capable of running the team.

f1isgood
f1isgood

DChemTech wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 20:29
mendis wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 20:25
DChemTech wrote:

Not necessarily, but typically vocally opposing something does have it's reasons - if you were confident and comfortable, you'd welcome change or act indifferent. But anyway, all speculation.
Reminds me of a certain Technical Directive and Floor Rule Change RB actively opposed. Then the next year saw them have the most dominant season by a team in F1 history.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

DChemTech wrote:
mendis wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:

To me, whether that is the case is a bit off topic here. What is honestly kind of crazy is that Jos publicly asked for Horner out... don't think this is ending any time soon.

Bill
Bill

the only reason Max will leave redbull is if their pu in 2026 is a dud

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

https://www.motorsport-total.com/forme ... -24030308

Not sure about the reliability of the source tbch, but the source says Mintzlaff was ready to sack Horner in January so he could save face, but he refused and threatened to sue.

djones
djones

Just been reading the messages that were sent between Horner and his travelling PA.

He was in the wrong, but she was too. The woman was clearly egging him on, was lying to him, was collecting specific screenshots where her side looked innocent etc.

f1jcw
f1jcw

djones wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 21:21
Just been reading the messages that were sent between Horner and his travelling PA.

He was in the wrong, but she was too. The woman was clearly egging him on, was lying to him, was collecting specific screenshots where her side looked innocent etc.
She told him NO multiple times, she told him to stop calling her. That is the exact opposite of egging him on.
There is a famous saying “No, means No"

maxxer
maxxer

To be honest if Jos is also getting involved seems to me that it is more that they dont like Horner getting all the credits.

Telegraaf is a news paper who would post day after day how great MV is and it seems there is jealousy going on when anyone else gets credits now.

https://archive.is/Mw5tj

Telegraaf is a very nationalistic news paper , we "dutch" should all love racing in Zandvoort although most people living there dont like it at all.

djones
djones

f1jcw wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 21:28
djones wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 21:21

She told him NO multiple times, she told him to stop calling her. That is the exact opposite of egging him on.
There is a famous saying “No, means No"
How many times did she say yes and didn't take a screenshot? She says no to a picture at one point. But then lets on she sent one earlier in the day!

The messages mostly read to me like two consenting adults flirting and getting up to things (including physical) at work behind their partner's backs, which is VERY common.

I'm not defending him. But the woman is not innocent in this either.

f1jcw
f1jcw

djones wrote:
03 Mar 2024, 21:54

The messages mostly read to me like two consenting adults flirting and getting up to things (including physical) at work behind their partner's backs, which is VERY common.

I'm not defending him. But the woman is not innocent in this either.

To me the messages very much read in the woman not wanting to be in the position she is in by someone who holds her career in his hands. She said repeatedly no, the responses were cold and short and was responding in a way that was trying to stay on good terms without telling him to go **** off. She told no jokes or laughs back.