2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
De Wet

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Not a bad livery... :D :D

maxxer
maxxer

rijtuig wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 15:53
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fern ... /10574726/
When Hamilton acknowledged his Ferrari move on social media, he noted that “I now have the chance to fulfil another childhood dream. Driving in Ferrari red”.

But Alonso cast this specific reason for moving into doubt, implying that Hamilton had other ambitions only a couple of months ago.

Asked about his Ferrari experiences, Alonso said: “It was not his childhood dream 12 months ago, no? Or two months ago, I guess. It was a different dream.
Lol, this man just can't let go of the past. Whenever he's asked about LH, he's always sour :lol:

Acting like he missed the news, he was on it from the first minute, the man is obsessed!
To be honest I wouldnt miss both of them in F1 , nice to see some new talents once in awhile instead of these seat hoggers.

stonehenge
stonehenge

KimiRai wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 15:37
Motorsport Italia (Gianluca D'Alessandro) is also reporting the Stroll six tenths quote, albeit not in the exact same way
“It depends on what McLaren did during the winter. So it's very difficult to make predictions, but I hope to recover the 3 tenths and find another three,” added the Canadian.
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-st ... /10574831/
Thanks for finding the quote. That makes a lot more sense. He's not saying the car is 6 tenths quicker, he's merely talking about the deficit they had to McLaren and wanting to catch them and, if possible, surpass them. He's speculating about their relative gains not making any statement about their absolute gains over the winter.

yinlad

All of the announcements coming out of amr today
MVRC - Panthera

rijtuig
rijtuig

maxxer wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 16:21
rijtuig wrote:
When Hamilton acknowledged his Ferrari move on social media, he noted that “I now have the chance to fulfil another childhood dream. Driving in Ferrari red”.

But Alonso cast this specific reason for moving into doubt, implying that Hamilton had other ambitions only a couple of months ago.

Asked about his Ferrari experiences, Alonso said: “It was not his childhood dream 12 months ago, no? Or two months ago, I guess. It was a different dream.
Lol, this man just can't let go of the past. Whenever he's asked about LH, he's always sour :lol:

Acting like he missed the news, he was on it from the first minute, the man is obsessed!
To be honest I wouldnt miss both of them in F1 , nice to see some new talents once in awhile instead of these seat hoggers.
I mean, LH still finished 3rd with a dog of a car.

maxxer
maxxer

rijtuig wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 16:29
maxxer wrote:
rijtuig wrote:

I mean, LH still finished 3rd with a dog of a car.
True they do both know how to drive the cars. Just i like more variety over the years.
Both are becoming so cliche.

langedweil

DGP123 wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 16:13
He’s a bitter old man. Great driver, but it’s beyond embarrassing now the stuff with LH. He’s desperate now is Alonso, so I can see one last gamble, if Mercedes bite.

As for Aston, I see they still think everyone stands still why they make ground. Expect them to be no better than fourth or fifth, and it appears Alonso thinks the same, hence his comments.
Well, the man has a point .. otherwise, why signing a 2yr deal then couple of months ago ?
HuggaWugga !

rijtuig
rijtuig

langedweil wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 16:37
DGP123 wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 16:13
He’s a bitter old man. Great driver, but it’s beyond embarrassing now the stuff with LH. He’s desperate now is Alonso, so I can see one last gamble, if Mercedes bite.

As for Aston, I see they still think everyone stands still why they make ground. Expect them to be no better than fourth or fifth, and it appears Alonso thinks the same, hence his comments.
Well, the man has a point .. otherwise, why signing a 2yr deal then couple of months ago ?
That's business.

quincalla
quincalla

A little bit of banter and people freak out 🥱. Anyway, in the same interview:
“I hope he enjoys the experience. I think it's a very special team. But it’s more special when you win… It's few years already [since] they have a very fast car and they were fighting for big things. Maybe Lewis can bring that extra to fight for the championship"

rijtuig
rijtuig

Alonso is just bitter, at one point it was banter, but we've passed that a long long time ago.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

rijtuig wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 16:49
Alonso is just bitter, at one point it was banter, but we've passed that a long long time ago.
Can we dial out the Alonso vs LH please?

Thanks - the point has been made
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

NAPI10
NAPI10

Any comments from Rival teams?

zoroastar

rijtuig wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 16:49
thats bs man. read the whole interview instead of picking one sentence that covers your narrative. are you one of those guys that is in every alonso articles comment section comparing him to lewis's 7 titles? i bet you are, because, where have you been in the aston threads until now? haha who is really the one obsessing here?

zoroastar

maxxer wrote:
rijtuig wrote:

to be honest, i dont think last season would have been near as good without both of them. especially alonso with 2 or 3 of his drives. the rest was max running the tables with a dominant car. i get your point, but f1 would miss both of them big time. if they could be replaced by better drivers, they would have been by now. why does a guy being 40 years old mean hes a seat hog, if hes still better than 90% of the grid? i can think of a lot of less aged, less tallented drivers, that should be replaced before alonso.

RedNEO