Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dans79

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

kptaylor wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 20:06
Latest says it involves, "incredibly controlling behavior." What could that possibly mean? Not sexual harassment apparently.
Sounds like hostile interactions with a personal assistant type of deal.
201 105 104 9 9 7

mendis
mendis

Sevach wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 19:43
mendis wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 19:30

The other alternative is, Ferrari have been looking to snap him for a long time now and this might be their opportunity to snap both!!!
Newey often expresses sadness about not having worked for Ferrari and with Lewis Hamilton... time to go for a 2 for 1?
His son is now an adult so there's less issue around moving to Italy than in the past.
Just give him "free reign on the next hypercar" and they can get him.
Imagine it's a tag along exit for both Horner and Newey and they go to Ferrari as CEO and CTO. Then RB stumbles for 2026/27, leading to a non championship year for Max, which might open a door via exit clause! He joins Ferrari and replaces the lesser driver at Ferrari. :lol:

f1jcw
f1jcw

mendis wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 21:05
Sevach wrote:
mendis wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 19:30

The other alternative is, Ferrari have been looking to snap him for a long time now and this might be their opportunity to snap both!!!
Newey often expresses sadness about not having worked for Ferrari and with Lewis Hamilton... time to go for a 2 for 1?
His son is now an adult so there's less issue around moving to Italy than in the past.
Imagine it's a tag along exit for both Horner and Newey and they go to Ferrari as CEO and CTO. Then RB stumbles for 2026/27, leading to a non championship year for Max, which might open a door via exit clause! He joins Ferrari and replaces the lesser driver at Ferrari. :lol:
Why do they want Horner when they already have someone good filling that position.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

f1jcw wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 21:18
mendis wrote:
Sevach wrote:

Why do they want Horner when they already have someone good filling that position.
Horner is the key to Newey.

Edax
Edax

Espresso wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 17:01
Ground Effect wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 16:46
Not sure why Red Bull allowed this to go public. It should have been kept quiet till wrong doing was proved, it'll leave a mark, even if he's found innocent.
Red Bull is about P.R. And this is a good example of damage control.
Red Bull also have their values. Keeping this private and leaking out would hurt the brand more then throwing it in the open. No external media bashing Horner at the moment as happened with the Susie/Toto saga.

Now just see how this turns out. Might as wel speculate some sour grape tried to stir up Red Bull prior to the start of the season......
Imho an internal complaint procedure should be dealt with, diligently, fair and with confidentiality, both for the protection of the accuser as the accused. You want people to be able to report behavior that they question, without having to fear that what they say is in the newspapers the next day. The latter will only serve as a barrier to report and correct issues rather than that it instills trust in the organizations ability to deal with this kind of stuff.

Whether this leak was initiated by a person or by the organization I find it terrible unprofessional. Not at all good PR if you ask me.

f1jcw
f1jcw

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 21:22
f1jcw wrote:
mendis wrote:
Adrian is now old enough to make his own decisions.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

f1jcw wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 21:24
AR3-GP wrote:
f1jcw wrote:

Adrian is now old enough to make his own decisions.
That has nothing to do with the suggestion. It is about setting up an organization where Newey can thrive. Ron Dennis could not figure this out.

f1jcw
f1jcw

You think a Horner that has left Redbull in disgrace means they should boot out the very respectable recently hired Vasseur..

dans79

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 21:26
That has nothing to do with the suggestion. It is about setting up an organization where Newey can thrive. Ron Dennis could not figure this out.
If Newey decided it was time to leave RB, I think he would go to whoever told him he could work from home, didn't have to go to races and gave him a decent pay bump!
201 105 104 9 9 7

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

dans79 wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 21:52
AR3-GP wrote:
If Newey decided it was time to leave RB, I think he would go to whoever told him he could work from home, didn't have to go to races and gave him a decent pay bump!
We don't know what Newey wants. He already has free reign at RB and chooses to go to the races since he often takes notes on the cars, something that is not easy to do with photography.

dans79

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 21:58
dans79 wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 21:52
AR3-GP wrote:
We don't know what Newey wants. He already has free reign at RB and chooses to go to the races since he often takes notes on the cars, something that is not easy to do with photography.

I said "If Newey decided it was time to leave RB", thus whatever privileges or accommodations he has now with RB are irrelevant!
201 105 104 9 9 7

mwillems

I think the point is that he has the choice to do whatever he wants and he chooses to go to races, so why would that change?
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

dans79

mwillems wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 23:02
I think the point is that he has the choice to do whatever he wants and he chooses to go to races, so why would that change?
Because a potential future employer might require it. Not to mention I don't remember seeing him at every race last year?
201 105 104 9 9 7

mwillems

dans79 wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 23:12
mwillems wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 23:02
Because a potential future employer might require it. Not to mention I don't remember seeing him at every race last year?

OK yes if there was some other opportunity that required him away from F1. Your statement to me read that he would actively want to stop going to races and be at home which is different to finding an opportunity that required him to be at home or away from F1.

No idea how many races he went to last year, I think he comes and goes as he pleases depending on what he thinks he an the team may get out of it, but he was there a fair bit, I recall seeing him on the pit wall a lot.

Personally I don't see signs he wants to drop F1 entirely and I suspect that if Ferrari called when he might be feeling unhappy with RB then I'm sure it'd be a strong pull, especially getting to design a Red car with another of the worlds best drivers in the seat.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

LM10
LM10

AR3-GP wrote:
f1jcw wrote:
mendis wrote:
We’re yet to find out what exactly happened. If the allegations turn out to be true and something serious, people working with Horner now might lose their interest in doing so in the future.