Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astracrazy
astracrazy

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Alex_Z wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 21:42
all the rbr fans wanting this thread deleted lol no suprise there. one thing is for sure - if these images were fake, horner would be screaming from the rooftops about it
Grow up

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

The AI got the shirt wrong, it's very similar, but if you look closely it's different. It's clearly generated by AI. Also why the background is so blurry and fake looking?
Last edited by pantherxxx on 29 Feb 2024, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.

bagajohny
bagajohny

SoulPancake13 wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 21:39
astracrazy wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 21:36
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHhUR6PacAA ... me=360x360
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHhUR6SbkAM ... me=360x360

Either the guy just happens to be wearing the same t-shirt the same way 20 years or so later, or these are AI fakes
I will say, with the limited AI generation tools I have used, it's basically impossible to get a complete replica of a specific thing - a shirt in this case. Who knows though.
I agree. Also as someone said, its not possible to determine if the image is AI generated or not without having the original file.

f1jcw
f1jcw

Alex_Z wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 21:42
all the rbr fans wanting this thread deleted lol no suprise there. one thing is for sure - if these images were fake, horner would be screaming from the rooftops about it
The thing that gets me is so many okay with the situation of the CEO sending texts of an unappropriate nature to a employee, on Twitter and even on F1 forums.
The problem is maybe being part of a F1 team is a great well paying job and she didn't want to lose that.
The texts look nothing if it was between consenting or even none consenting adults, a bit embarrasing, but who hasn't done something stupid, but in that situation she could quite easy tell him to shove it or I'll get you in right trouble, but that is a call that is a lot harder to do when it is the CEO

Redragon

Arcanum
Arcanum

This thread needs be locked before it breaks the laws of the known universe (or at least the F1technical forum) and exceeds the number of pages in the McLaren team thread. Not for any other reason.

Though it is intriguing watching some posters go through the five stages of grief:
- Denial
- Anger
- Bargaining
- Depression
- Acceptance

I'd say there's an even mix of Denial and Anger at the moment.

astracrazy
astracrazy

One thing I find odd is the punctuation, grammar and spelling mistakes from "Horner". I'm not sure if he would write like a 14 year old, using U, Upt or I'm sure one even says oof.

Marko to Motorsport Total: "Flabbergasted and surprised that the files were leaked. I've never seen them myself."
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

astracrazy
astracrazy

Arcanum wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 21:50
This thread needs be locked before it breaks the laws of the known universe (or at least the F1technical forum) and exceeds the number of pages in the McLaren team thread. Not for any other reason.

Though it is intriguing watching some posters go through the five stages of grief:
- Denial
- Anger
- Bargaining
- Depression
- Acceptance

I'd say there's an even mix of Denial and Anger at the moment.
The same feelings the cancel culture gang were going though 24 hours ago.....

I quiet enjoy the daft posts such people make.
Last edited by astracrazy on 29 Feb 2024, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

langedweil

The 'evidence' is of such a poor quality it's actually laughable 8)
Only thing that's slightly worrying is that the sender had all these pretty specific emailaddresses.
Then again, rather conclusive F1-related email lists aren't too hard to come by on the dark web.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was done by a handy 14yr old with a CH/RB grudge ..
HuggaWugga !

mwillems

I hate this. They guy has a wife and kids and they are going to be collateral damage whether it is real or not, this cared not one bit for anyone else that might be affected by it. These posts should be deleted from F1Technical.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

InsaneX_Badger

Can't see the legitimacy of these pictures, and the fact that it hasn't just been shared out in the internet and small inconsistencies such as different file names and pictures that aren't even from him. Agree with the rest, lock the thread, open it again once the fallout from this has subsided and we hear from legitimate sources what has gone on. It's the decent thing for every party involved.

astracrazy
astracrazy

langedweil wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 21:57
The 'evidence' is of such a poor quality it's actually laughable 8)
Only thing that's slightly worrying is that the sender had all these pretty specific emailaddresses.
Then again, rather conclusive F1-related email lists aren't too hard to come by on the dark web.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was done by a handy 14yr old with a CH/RB grudge ..
I did see scrolling through on reddit someone mention what if it was a malware attack or something. Send everyone bate to some fake files in a google drive which contain viruses or something if they download them. I don't know how all that stuff works to know if that is even plausible.
InsaneX_Badger wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 22:17
Can't see the legitimacy of these pictures, and the fact that it hasn't just been shared out in the internet and small inconsistencies such as different file names and pictures that aren't even from him. Agree with the rest, lock the thread, open it again once the fallout from this has subsided and we hear from legitimate sources what has gone on. It's the decent thing for every party involved.
Agreed

dialtone
dialtone

Jdn1327 wrote:
dialtone wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 20:28
pantherxxx wrote:This is clearly a defamation against Horner. Why leak confidential information? It's also a crime to do such thing.
Why leak? Because if the information is real, a crime was committed and RB cleared him. Character assassination would be only if the stuff is fake.
You can't even call it a crime..it was an internal issue. Seems more like a witch hunt to me now.
It’s internal if it’s handled appropriately, otherwise it’s not internal. Of course that’s something I can’t determine, but whoever leaked did determine that it wasn’t handled well and looked for alternative ways.

If the evidence showed is real though, it probably wasn’t handled appropriately internally.

In Italy for example it would be mandatory to go to court in a case like this, so by default not an internal issue only.

dialtone
dialtone

TimW wrote:
dialtone wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 20:28
pantherxxx wrote:This is clearly a defamation against Horner. Why leak confidential information? It's also a crime to do such thing.
Why leak? Because if the information is real, a crime was committed and RB cleared him. Character assassination would be only if the stuff is fake.
If there is a crime, you don't need RB, you can simply go to the police to get justice.
And some countries mandate that. However the employee might not want to send to jail or ruin somone’s life over this and would be content with just having a right corrected at the company level, especially if you seek to maintain employment there.

I don’t think questioning the process we are seeing would highlight a smoking gun. People involved are acting with knowledge we don’t have and, while we may not agree, these decisions are in some way rational.