Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Espresso
Espresso

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

I think 🤔 time to move the thread from “General” to “Off Topic”.
Then it can stay open.
At the moment it has evolved into a thread that doesn’t have to do with “F1 Technical” or a discussion about cars or teams.

Also “General Immune” means “Not Immune”.
So yes this forum/thread has to adhere to UK and EU (Austrian and Belgium) Privacy Law.
So please keep it clean all!!!
Assumption is the mother of all FU.
Last edited by Espresso on 01 Mar 2024, 01:38, edited 3 times in total.
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

mkay
mkay

djos wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 01:32
mkay wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 01:04
djos wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 00:03
100% Despite the “leaks” clearly being fakes, this is extremely serious and I hope the false leakers get a legal bollocking!
I have seen the entire content of the Google Drive folder. If the content is indeed fake, then it's a darn well-made fake. On a technical level, there's nothing there that suggests this is fake. In my mind, the only way I can see this being fake is the way Horner communicates in those texts... juvenile at best.

If the content isn't fake, I can't see how he survives this scandal.
Someone pointed out some of the d!ick pics etc are from a euro footballer scandal.
Perhaps, but there's enough in the rest of the leaked materials to relieve Horner of his duties - again, assuming the contents are, in fact, genuine.

dans79

TFSA wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 01:33
And just for reference, I've seen the original in the Google Drive just now, and not just the cropped one (someone dropped the link to the folder on Reddit).
You are braver than I, I'm not going anywhere near that thing!
197 104 103 7

Watto
Watto

mkay wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 01:35
djos wrote:
mkay wrote:

I have seen the entire content of the Google Drive folder. If the content is indeed fake, then it's a darn well-made fake. On a technical level, there's nothing there that suggests this is fake. In my mind, the only way I can see this being fake is the way Horner communicates in those texts... juvenile at best.

Someone pointed out some of the d!ick pics etc are from a euro footballer scandal.
Perhaps, but there's enough in the rest of the leaked materials to relieve Horner of his duties - again, assuming the contents are, in fact, genuine.
I think the point really is is there are some that are proven/known to be fake/from another scandal it creates doubt on the rest of the contents of the leak - prove they are fake no but think it raises very serious questions

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

The pictures being highlighted from a different scandal are not in the folder. That was clearly someone taking the originally leaked pictures and adding extras for some perverted clout.

Specifically files 17 and 21 in the tweet with the fake pics are screenshots of textmessages on the Google drive.
Last edited by littlebigcat on 01 Mar 2024, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.

f1isgood
f1isgood

mkay wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 01:35
djos wrote:
mkay wrote:

I am not sure why this is the conclusion here. Are were aware if this evidence was not already present at the investigation conducted at the external barrister? My assumption is there was this, and plenty more available. I am happy to be corrected. In any case if this evidence was not available back then, it makes me very curious why this was not present.

bagajohny
bagajohny

mkay wrote:
djos wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 00:03
100% Despite the “leaks” clearly being fakes, this is extremely serious and I hope the false leakers get a legal bollocking!

I agree. I noticed it too but cant be certain. I think journalists will properly verify the contents and we will see the outcome in coming days. So we should not try to get too ahead of ourselves.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

My favourite alleged message from Horner is “yes I just had breakfast(again) with him” regarding Newey.

stonehenge
stonehenge

littlebigcat wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 01:41
The pictures being highlighted from a different scandal are not in the folder. That was clearly someone taking the originally leaked pictures and adding extras for some perverted clout.

Specifically files 17 and 21 in the tweet with the fake pics are screenshots of textmessages on the Google drive.
Yeah this ^^^. Someone clearly doctored in the explicit pics. That does not mean the rest are also fake!

stonehenge
stonehenge

MIKEY_! wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 01:06
stonehenge wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 20:35
bonjon1979 wrote:
29 Feb 2024, 20:29

I have always denied the allegations, is very different from those aren’t real. If they were fake he’d say so. The allegations were of inappropriate and controlling behaviour. Perhaps the ‘investigator’ concluded it’s not inappropriate to send dick pics to your assistant if she welcomes said pics. I suggest most corporations would take issue with company phones being used jn such a way, but red bull are the cool distributors tho right so….
I agree. This is not the statement you would put out if these were just fake. Responding to them, especially without stating that they are not accurate, just gives them credibility. Would be very strange if they aren’t real.
There are plenty of legal reasons for horner not to say they're fake. Defamation law is complex and fickle and it's not always worth the risk. Especially if you've been cleared of wrongdoing.

Reverse image searching has already shown at least some of the explicit pictures to be of other people from previous scandals. Others appear to be AI generated images according to the naked eye on online analysis tools (not that either of those are perfect). At most this is a real story with major faked embellishments. Or it's entirely faked using some real (innocent) photos to add authenticity.
If it were as clear as you suggest that these are fake we would know by now. Also, from a legal perspective, if you believed these to be fake but wanted to be cautious declaring them as such, you would not comment on the situation until you've investigated further.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

More specifically because someone tweeted fake pictures alongside ones from the folder, doesn’t mean the folder which never contained those pictures in the first place is fake. There is actually a blurry dick in the folder, surely the tweet would have included that instead of the faked pictures?

djos

stonehenge wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 01:51
littlebigcat wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 01:41

Yeah this ^^^. Someone clearly doctored in the explicit pics. That does not mean the rest are also fake!
It certainly casts serious doubt on the entire "leak" tho.

And no one seems to be picking up the fact that this whole incident was about "controlling behaviour", not sexual misconduct. It looks to me like someone is trying to frame him.
"In downforce we trust"

dren

I'm glad you guys are doing the heavy lifting, squinting, and looking this square in the eye... This is comical from about every angle. It's like some dumb pravda tabloid.
Honda!

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

The Controlling behavior complaint was amended a long time ago. Detelegraaf has reiterated today that the complaint was about sexual misconduct and the leak, if real, proves that it was sexual misconduct. I dont understand how redbull cant just publish an official statement saying the leaked pictures are fake. Wait. Maybe its because theyre not. Just maybe…

djos

Hammerfist wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 02:07
The Controlling behavior complaint was amended a long time ago. Detelegraaf has reiterated today that the complaint was about sexual misconduct and the leak, if real, proves that it was sexual misconduct. I dont understand how redbull cant just publish an official statement saying the leaked pictures are fake. Wait. Maybe its because theyre not. Just maybe…
Detelegraaf is a gutter rag, I dont know why anyone takes it seriously!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/ ... about%20it.
Horner was in the Bahrain paddock on Thursday morning after he was cleared of inappropriate controlling behaviour towards a female colleague.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/ ... ormula-one
"In downforce we trust"