2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ben1980
Ben1980

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Disapointing there is no race for 4 weeks!

My wife, is not disappointed.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

That was a amazing performance by Lando and the team. Great recovery drive from Oscar as well, building up that WCC lead. There was a point early on where Lando was maintaining around 1.8secs gap to Max and was told he could up the pace and he just left Max in the dust. That was incredible.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Darth-Piekus wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 20:06

In that case go look the 1997 Williams with its asymmetrical braking and the 1998 Mclaren with the 3rd pedal. They've been illegalised then and pretty sure another form of the same system isnt any different.
No-one is saying asymmetrical braking is not illegal, we are saying there is no proof, none, that it was on the Red Bull. There is just as good an argument for it being on the Mercedes, which no-one is seriously suggesting either.

Why do you need Red Bull to have been cheating? Isn't it better that McLaren are now beating them on merit without the need for any conspiracy??
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

McG

Lando destroyed Max today. If Oscar had started a bit farther up and put some pressure on Max I think he could have pushed Max into a big mistake.
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

McG

Probably the same people with alt accounts that say "Max is by far the best". Seriously go and look at the Red Bull thread 😂

Seerix wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 19:20
Weird all these people just randomly pop in into McLaren thread with 'Lando is not good enough to win WDC'. I am not sure what the purpose of such messages is?
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

Jurgen von Diaz

McG wrote:Lando destroyed Max today. If Oscar had started a bit farther up and put some pressure on Max I think he could have pushed Max into a big mistake.
Max destroying one McLaren on the track was extraordinary.

McG

😂 the cope is strong
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:46
McG wrote:Lando destroyed Max today. If Oscar had started a bit farther up and put some pressure on Max I think he could have pushed Max into a big mistake.
Max destroying the other McLaren on the track was extraordinary.

mwillems

Christ on a bike, this place went f*cking nuts over the past 3 hours :D :D

Aa I said earlier, brilliant drive by Lando, good recovery by Oscar.

Probably we should all give a shout out to the strategists who helped Oscar to his podium.

I can almost smell the WCC ..
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

F1NAC

Ground Effect wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:02
That was a amazing performance by Lando and the team. Great recovery drive from Oscar as well, building up that WCC lead. There was a point early on where Lando was maintaining around 1.8secs gap to Max and was told he could up the pace and he just left Max in the dust. That was incredible.
By Lando? Nearly binned couple of times during the race. Luckily he had enough of a gap. Weirdly I expected him to save tyres for the end to bang a FL but that didn’t happen. That point could be valuable.

mwillems

F1NAC wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:53
Ground Effect wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:02
By Lando? Nearly binned couple of times during the race. Luckily he had enough of a gap. Weirdly I expected him to save tyres for the end to bang a FL but that didn’t happen. That point could be valuable.
Everyone was sliding here and there. The main job was to bring the car home.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

bananapeel23

PapayaFan481 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:35
Darth-Piekus wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 20:06

In that case go look the 1997 Williams with its asymmetrical braking and the 1998 Mclaren with the 3rd pedal. They've been illegalised then and pretty sure another form of the same system isnt any different.
No-one is saying asymmetrical braking is not illegal, we are saying there is no proof, none, that it was on the Red Bull. There is just as good an argument for it being on the Mercedes, which no-one is seriously suggesting either.

Why do you need Red Bull to have been cheating? Isn't it better that McLaren are now beating them on merit without the need for any conspiracy??
I don't understand this guy. He doesn't seem to grasp that teams can go backwards even if they don't cheat. He seems to think that if they lose performance, they were surely cheating. Ferrari and Mercedes do it constantly. Aston Martin arguably hasn't produced a single set of upgrades that improved the car since early 2023. They must be cheating so much!

These regulations have made it abundantly clear that if you start running into correlation issues. Things can go downhill, and they can go downhill very fast.

Darth-Piekus

Ah yes. Red Bull magically lost a 0.8 sec advantage over Mclaren after Miami and then is 0.5 at a disadvantage for some reason other than the asymmetric braking being removed. Look nobody wants anyone to be cheating but you cant help it. Red Bull is full of controversy. Budget gate, Abu Dhabi fix, Horner gate, Jos vs Red Bull, asymmetric helping wheels, special rules for Max. Take your pick.
Last edited by Darth-Piekus on 22 Sep 2024, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

McG wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:43
Lando destroyed Max today. If Oscar had started a bit farther up and put some pressure on Max I think he could have pushed Max into a big mistake.
The only one making mistakes iwth a healthy lead was Norris, it was actually a pretty poor performance brushing those walls and the lockup with the front wing damage. Poor mistakes with 0 pressure.

Emag
Emag

It's unfortunate that it is very unlikely to happen at this point, but I really hope Lando wins it just to rub it in the face of all of these salty fans who can only get satisfaction out of the sport when their favorite team/driver is winning or by sh*tting on the competition when they aren't.

I don't even think Lando deserves it if we are going from a pure race conversion/maximizing point of view, but man would it be funny to see the total meltdown and the cope all over the social media calling Lando an unworthy WDC at the end of the season :lol:

Darth-Piekus

Max fans coming here talking about mistakes? Remember 2021 when Hamilton made Max lose a 40 points advantage with a lot of mistakes? What about Miami and Austria when Max had the lead? Hungary?

Lets not talk about how the Dutch is the FIA's golden boy escaping race bans and penalties for various schennanigans.
Last edited by Darth-Piekus on 22 Sep 2024, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.