2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, March 25 - 27

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
torpor
torpor

Re: 2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, March 25 - 27

Ralf Schumacher (Michael’s Brother, GP winner, expert for SKY Germany) already left Saudi Arabia because of security concerns. I think everybody else should do the same. Just imagine a terror attack happened next to a race track somewhere in Europe during a Grand Prix weekend. No one would even think about going on racing there.

Mod edit

wogx

Only drivers are now discussing starting in Sunday's race

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by wogx on 26 Mar 2022, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

For real though, this is a new low for F1.

It's unlikely that something tragic happens in the weekend, but let's hope that everything and everyone is going to be OK.

wogx

Last edited by wogx on 26 Mar 2022, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

RZS10

(It might be less intrusive and easier to read if you'd just post the link to the tweets? they get embedded and don't take up as much space)

wogx

RZS10 wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 00:04
(It might be less intrusive and easier to read if you'd just post the link to the tweets? they get embedded and don't take up as much space)
Done. I was reposting images, because it was faster, but tweets look much better! :)

EDIT:

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

I guess we might be getting a driver walkout.

Mod edit

djones
djones

For the sake of the entire teams including mechanics etc…. The drivers need to just say no.

Mod edit: politics removed

Big Tea

The commentary team keep rabbiting on about the 'helmet cam view'. Do people like it? I personally think it is terrible.
One of the pundits called it night club cam, which is how it looks to me.

The view of instrumentation is good, but the track view drives me nuts. Am I alone here?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

wogx

djones
djones

I hope all the teams are considering lives over the championship.

But some teams do have an interest in this going ahead and others would like it cancelled.

For example Mercedes would love this to be cancelled, giving more time to fix their issues.

factory_p

Another thing that may be weighing in the discussion is the responsibility drivers might feel towards the rest of the paddock.
These 20 guys can sit down and take a unanimous decision. They can all afford a pay cut and are highly unlikely to be replaced for protesting this race. The mechanics on the other hand can't really afford any of that... Will they refuse to race so that everyone can go home ?

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

Rumours flying around twitter that the drivers have taken a stand and are refusing to race. So the race might be cancelled. Take with a pinch of salt.

JPower
JPower

If the drivers wanted to race, I think we'd have decision by now. The TP's going to talk to Domenicali and Brawn says enough to me. I'm sure the drivers voiced their concerns to be relayed up the chain.

Mod edit

wogx

Mod edit
Last edited by wogx on 26 Mar 2022, 01:30, edited 2 times in total.