2024 FIM MotoGP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: 2024 FIM MotoGP World Championship

Retired Superbike champ left stunned by sheer power of KTM MotoGP bike

“It feels small, straight away,” he said while on the bike. “My god, the brakes aren’t working — I was already waiting for that to be the case.”

Beyond that, the stability of the bike impressed Hodgson, as well as the smoothness of the seamless-shift gearbox.

“First thought: gearbox, unbelievable. [...] It feels so stable, so stable.

After one or two laps, Hodgson started to open the bike up a bit more. On using the ride height device for the first time, he said: “Oh my god. I can’t talk, I can’t concentrate."

While the aerodynamics help to keep the front wheel on the ground coming out of corners, the new ground effect aerodynamics, pioneered in MotoGP by Aprilia in 2022, help mid-corner.

“What a bike! It turns, it feels planted round the corners, but so fast, like ridiculously fast,” Hodgson said. “No wheelie, it’s unbelievable.

“What I love [is] the brakes feel so good. That gearbox, this chassis — everything is unbelievable. Unbelievable. It just turns! You look at the corner and it just goes to it.

“What a bike, honestly. What a bike. You can’t believe how good it is. It sounds like I’m exaggerating for TV, I promise you I’m not. Unbelievable, unbelievable.”

Following his ride on the RC16, Hodgson continued to break down his impressions of the bike.

“The best bike I’ve ever ridden times-1000,” he said. “Talk about game changer, talk about the game’s moved on. It’s unreal. No wheelie, full power. The front brake, you can feel every little bit of that front tyre.

"You look at the corner and the bike turns into it. It’s outrageous, I can’t believe they’re not going faster. That’s how good the bike is. Stunning.

“It felt nothing like what I expected, it was like everything’s on steroids. It’s so precise, like nothing [else].

“I rode the Ducati, but that was eight years ago, so you can’t compare the two — it feels like you’re comparing a superbike against a MotoGP bike. That [the RC16) is the most precise, beautiful machine I’ve ever ridden.”

Hodgson then spoke to Jack Miller, and spoke about how different the MotoGP machine is to ride compared to a road bike.

“It’s been so long since I rode a proper bike. You get used to riding street bikes and they’re just vague. [On the RC16], you just look at the corner and it just drops in. And the front brake, I can feel every bar, or 0.1 of a bar I can feel it.

“That is the most fun I’ve had in a long time. It was even better than I expected, and actually quite easy to ride. I thought it’d be nervous and twitchy, but it didn’t feel like that at all.”

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10537 ... otogp-bike

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

etusch wrote:
24 Aug 2024, 19:22
Retired Superbike champ left stunned by sheer power of KTM MotoGP bike

“It feels small, straight away,” he said while on the bike. “My god, the brakes aren’t working — I was already waiting for that to be the case.”

Beyond that, the stability of the bike impressed Hodgson, as well as the smoothness of the seamless-shift gearbox.

“First thought: gearbox, unbelievable. [...] It feels so stable, so stable.

After one or two laps, Hodgson started to open the bike up a bit more. On using the ride height device for the first time, he said: “Oh my god. I can’t talk, I can’t concentrate."

While the aerodynamics help to keep the front wheel on the ground coming out of corners, the new ground effect aerodynamics, pioneered in MotoGP by Aprilia in 2022, help mid-corner.

“What a bike! It turns, it feels planted round the corners, but so fast, like ridiculously fast,” Hodgson said. “No wheelie, it’s unbelievable.

“What I love [is] the brakes feel so good. That gearbox, this chassis — everything is unbelievable. Unbelievable. It just turns! You look at the corner and it just goes to it.

“What a bike, honestly. What a bike. You can’t believe how good it is. It sounds like I’m exaggerating for TV, I promise you I’m not. Unbelievable, unbelievable.”

Following his ride on the RC16, Hodgson continued to break down his impressions of the bike.

“The best bike I’ve ever ridden times-1000,” he said. “Talk about game changer, talk about the game’s moved on. It’s unreal. No wheelie, full power. The front brake, you can feel every little bit of that front tyre.

"You look at the corner and the bike turns into it. It’s outrageous, I can’t believe they’re not going faster. That’s how good the bike is. Stunning.

“It felt nothing like what I expected, it was like everything’s on steroids. It’s so precise, like nothing [else].

“I rode the Ducati, but that was eight years ago, so you can’t compare the two — it feels like you’re comparing a superbike against a MotoGP bike. That [the RC16) is the most precise, beautiful machine I’ve ever ridden.”

Hodgson then spoke to Jack Miller, and spoke about how different the MotoGP machine is to ride compared to a road bike.

“It’s been so long since I rode a proper bike. You get used to riding street bikes and they’re just vague. [On the RC16], you just look at the corner and it just drops in. And the front brake, I can feel every bar, or 0.1 of a bar I can feel it.

“That is the most fun I’ve had in a long time. It was even better than I expected, and actually quite easy to ride. I thought it’d be nervous and twitchy, but it didn’t feel like that at all.”

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10537 ... otogp-bike
The footage of this ride was on TNT programming. I'm sure it'll be on YouTube. It is excellent
Well worth watching it
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Tommy.G
Tommy.G

It took 1043 days but…THE KING IS BACK!

What an unbelievable weekend! We just witnessed the old Marc Marquez! Welcome back Marc… =D>

Dunlay
Dunlay

Exceptional weekend for Marc. Vintage.

xaero
xaero

Tommy.G wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 19:27
It took 1043 days but…THE KING IS BACK!

What an unbelievable weekend! We just witnessed the old Marc Marquez! Welcome back Marc… =D>
Pure bliss and glimpse of the future when he will be on factory bike =D> =D>
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

CHT
CHT

Fantastic result for Marc, and I really love how he celebrate with the fans.
Pecco is going to have a very tough time in 2025.

stephen

Martin might still be leading the riders' Championship but his chances of winning it this season aren't looking great. Pecco is looking more stable, and more consistent that might prove the ultimate difference at the season's completion.
Stephen Marengo
My F1 favorites: Community | Team | Driver

Tommy.G
Tommy.G

stephen wrote:
08 Sep 2024, 20:48
Martin might still be leading the riders' Championship but his chances of winning it this season aren't looking great. Pecco is looking more stable, and more consistent that might prove the ultimate difference at the season's completion.
Whenever Martin gets the championship lead he always ends up bottling it for some reason…

This weekend proved why Ducati picked up Marquez instead of Martin! He has absolutely nothing to offer to Ducati just like Bastianini these past 2 years…

Some people are already talking of Marc being in the championship fight but I don’t think he can beat Pecco and Martin like that on the GP23…he’ll need perfect weekends from now on to be anywhere near them to challenge!

Also the riders got a first taste of the 2025 Michelin front tire and the only one liking it was Pecco! So I don’t expect Marc to be winning easily in 2025 like some people are saying…