Hispania F110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Fil

Re: Campos-Dallara Cosworth, aka Hispania Racing

James Allen via Twitter wrote:Senna has yet to match the fastest GP2 time from this morning. Both cars built by Dallara
:lol:
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

raceman

Fil wrote:
James Allen via Twitter wrote:Senna has yet to match the fastest GP2 time from this morning. Both cars built by Dallara
:lol:
+1

freedom_honda

Is the 107% time rule still in the rulebook?

Fil

nope, it was dropped a few years back.
WMSC discussed it at their meeting yesterday tho.

It would need a unanimous vote by the teams to introduce this year, so no chance. But only 70% vote needed to introduce for next year.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

raymondu999

I wonder what was wrong with Dallara's stopwatch when they said the car was 2 seconds faster :P

Dallara Spokesperson: We got the times mixed up. Our car is 2 secs slower than the GP2 cars :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

void

Why HRT did not put two cars on the track?

zgred

void wrote:Why HRT did not put two cars on the track?
Because even one is now broke into pieces!

I keep my fingers crossed for all newcomers.

EDIT: 2nd picture
Last edited by zgred on 12 Mar 2010, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

Fil

clutch/gearbox issue to do with the hydraulics or electronics. they're not even quite sure themselves it seems.

void

Thanks zgred! At least that piece was not a spring!

Edit:
Maybe B. Senna is trying to lose some of extra 20 kg!

funkyfreddy
funkyfreddy

Fil wrote:
clutch/gearbox issue to do with the hydraulics or electronics. they're not even quite sure themselves it seems.
I guess thats generally a problem when they havent built any of the car themselves.

raymondu999

I hope the car doesn't fall apart in front of other cars. Like Hungary 2009 :s
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

manchild
manchild

freedom_honda wrote:Senna is over 13s off the pace.
That's great way to attract sponsors! Just think of it - with such pace, their cars will be lapped every half-dozen laps, some 10 times per race. They'll be on TV screen more than any other team! :lol:

thestig84
thestig84

Wow you guys are quite harsh. True its a laugh and easy to take the mick but I think after the mess they were in just weeks ago they have done very well just to get there. The car is hardly falling apart, a wheel nut came off. Name a team that hasnt had wheel nut problems!

Remember the car has only done 22laps.....ever!!! The team has no data on car, tyres anything!! No wonder it looked a handful.

Im sure the gap will come down tomorrow. I hope so anyway, Bruno and Karun seem really nice guys.

WimmelF1
WimmelF1

thestig84 wrote:Wow you guys are quite harsh. True its a laugh and easy to take the mick but I think after the mess they were in just weeks ago they have done very well just to get there. The car is hardly falling apart, a wheel nut came off. Name a team that hasnt had wheel nut problems!

Remember the car has only done 22laps.....ever!!! The team has no data on car, tyres anything!! No wonder it looked a handful.

Im sure the gap will come down tomorrow. I hope so anyway, Bruno and Karun seem really nice guys.

I like the car... Got to love what Dallara did in a few months. Apart from the livery, the only real problems are the metal suspension and steel discbrakes. Maybe that's why the brakeducts are so big. Can't expect that a car with steel brakediscs is as fast as one with carbon discs.

Hello btw...

manchild
manchild

WimmelF1 wrote:I like the car... Got to love what Dallara did in a few months. Apart from the livery, the only real problems are the metal suspension and steel discbrakes. Maybe that's why the brakeducts are so big. Can't expect that a car with steel brakediscs is as fast as one with carbon discs.

Hello btw...
Welcome!

Steel wishbones and brake discs?! :shock:

How come they can afford rest of the car but not those parts? Unbelievable. I mean, judging by that, if they had CF suspension and brakes, they'd be midfield at least!