Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

It’s not the act it’s the coverup that gets you.

chrstphrln

Maybe he should go on the offensive to prevent further damage to his family, Red Bull and himself and to take the wind out of the sails of the anonymous accusers.

"Yes, the news is real, it was misconduct towards my colleague, the matter has been resolved, we can continue to work together (or not), we are professionals, the employer has determined in a detailed investigation that there is no need to sanction BUT this is a PURELY PRIVATE MATTER that no longer affects professional matters.
It did not affect my tasks as team leader, nor the tasks of my colleague. I have to clarify everything else with my family and that doesn't belong in public."

Then a few days of media storm and then there is peace.
But the way it's being handled now is just harmful.

f1isgood
f1isgood

I don't think it's being handled at all right now. It is basically the court of public opinion that is discussing this topic right now.

clownfish
clownfish

TimW wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 13:14
basti313 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 13:05
AMG.Tzan wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 12:55
Now imagine if these messages are proven real 😂

Not just Horner but the whole of Red Bull GmbH is in trouble…
Why?
Even if...most I saw now is more two sided...I mean...Gerry will not like this, but I see rather two grown ups having a bit too much fun. So even if everything is true, I can see a good reason that in work ethics this is still fine. Not 100% appropriate, but also not fire stuff.
I rather think Horny and maybe also the women in the game need to sort out their marriages...

If everything is proven real, which I doubt given the stupidity in some, then this is just the confirmation for Horner being a wanker. I guess this is also no news for you, or is it? So does this change anything?
I share your view, but there is a large demographic who will shout sodom and gomorrah, and see him as the reincarnation of the devil, even if the exchange turns out to be fully mutual. So it still damages the F1 and Red Bull brands.
Operating on the assumption the messages are real:

There are repeated requests for sexual pictures, video calls etc from CH and repeated rebuttals from the woman involved. There are also repeated requests from CH to delete her Whatsapp history.

It may have started as a bit of mutual fun but it is clear from the messages that it did not end up being so for one party.
AMG.Tzan wrote:

I wouldn't say 'in trouble' but again assuming the messages are legit, their earlier statement doesn't reflect well on them now. Seems like a rotten culture where a high ranking exec can send such messages to a subordinate and continue in their role.
Last edited by clownfish on 01 Mar 2024, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

DDopey wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 10:33
If you fall in the trap of saying some specific release is fake, you will need to do it over and over again for everyone who is releasing something. Does not mean it's fake or not, just the statement says nothing. And like everything in this case, step out of your own frame of mind.
I dont know why people keep saying this.

You absolutely should respond to any kind of MAJOR claims going round not just the internet, but also the media. This isn't just some random thing that's floating around. This has gained widespread attention and is particularly damning if true.

Maybe they're not yet prepared to say anything, but I think there will need to be something because you cant just let this keep ruminating and fester if it's really not true.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

chrstphrln wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 13:33
Maybe he should go on the offensive to prevent further damage to his family, Red Bull and himself and to take the wind out of the sails of the anonymous accusers.

"Yes, the news is real, it was misconduct towards my colleague, the matter has been resolved, we can continue to work together (or not), we are professionals, the employer has determined in a detailed investigation that there is no need to sanction BUT this is a PURELY PRIVATE MATTER that no longer affects professional matters.
It did not affect my tasks as team leader, nor the tasks of my colleague. I have to clarify everything else with my family and that doesn't belong in public."

Bye bye Ford

astracrazy
astracrazy

littlebigcat wrote:
It’s not the act it’s the coverup that gets you.
For a simple bit of advice its amazing how many people fall fail of it

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

basti313 wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:

Why?
Even if...most I saw now is more two sided...I mean...Gerry will not like this, but I see rather two grown ups having a bit too much fun. So even if everything is true, I can see a good reason that in work ethics this is still fine. Not 100% appropriate, but also not fire stuff.
I rather think Horny and maybe also the women in the game need to sort out their marriages...

If everything is proven real, which I doubt given the stupidity in some, then this is just the confirmation for Horner being a wanker. I guess this is also no news for you, or is it? So does this change anything?
If you think that was two sided, then you need to get your head checked. The girl said no and that she didn't want Horner doing that again, yet he continued to make weird comments for a while. That kind of pressure from your boss is never ok. In fact, even if it was consensual, it is still not ok given the work relationship they had(she makes it quite clear as time goes on that she is not ok with the behavior either way).

mendis
mendis

littlebigcat wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 13:48
chrstphrln wrote:

Bye bye Ford
Is Ford the Gold standard of Morality?

https://www.wsj.com/video/ford-apologiz ... 627ABBF8A3

chrstphrln

mendis wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 13:53
littlebigcat wrote:
chrstphrln wrote:

Bye bye Ford

Even if Ford were the gold standard, Horner couldn't do any worse.
He can only clarify the situation and then all partners either cope with it or not. Also Ford.
The way it is now is much worse.

basti313
basti313

SoulPancake13 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 13:50
basti313 wrote:
AMG.Tzan wrote:

Why?

If you think that was two sided, then you need to get your head checked. The girl said no and that she didn't want Horner doing that again, yet he continued to make weird comments for a while. That kind of pressure from your boss is never ok. In fact, even if it was consensual, it is still not ok given the work relationship they had(she makes it quite clear as time goes on that she is not ok with the behavior either way).
As written: What I saw.
I certainly do not have the time to make a list of messages and the content, maybe you can?

I saw some message where he approached her and some message where she approached him. I honestly did not see a no from her...but if this is there one also needs to really check what happened after the no.
Don`t russel the hamster!

mendis
mendis

chrstphrln wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 13:58
mendis wrote:
littlebigcat wrote:

Bye bye Ford

He can only clarify the situation and then all partners either cope with it or not. Also Ford.
Regardless whether Horner does or not, Ford will continue as they are have got a platform to make a name for themselves with Red Bull in F1. It's business. If they leave, then a few weeks later this controversy dies down and someone else take up that name partner opportunity and make hay and Ford knows it very well. Business folks don't make emotional decisions.

stonehenge
stonehenge

Seanspeed wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 13:45
DDopey wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 10:33
If you fall in the trap of saying some specific release is fake, you will need to do it over and over again for everyone who is releasing something. Does not mean it's fake or not, just the statement says nothing. And like everything in this case, step out of your own frame of mind.
This isn't just some random thing that's floating around.
It isn't! It was sent by someone with access to the email addresses of 150 F1 figures, including basically everyone in the media center, F1 principals, senior F1 and FIA figures, and Liberty Media. And it's been taken very seriously by senior figures in the sport:

F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali and FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem are set to meet in Bahrain to discuss the ongoing situation surrounding Red Bull team principal Christian Horner.

The matter has become a high priority for the two most senior figures in F1 following the emergence of an email leaked on Thursday containing 79 files predominantly of alleged Whatsapp conversations between Horner and the woman understood to have made a complaint of 'inappropriate behaviour' against the 50-year-old.

With Domenicali and Ben Sulayem amongst the nearly 150 recipients of the email, it is understood they will now discuss how to move forward on an issue that has overshadowed the opening race of the new F1 season in Bahrain.
Source: https://racingnews365.com/f1-and-fia-bo ... rner-issue

chrstphrln

mendis wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 14:02
chrstphrln wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 13:58
mendis wrote:

Regardless whether Horner does or not, Ford will continue as they are have got a platform to make a name for themselves with Red Bull in F1. It's business. If they leave, then a few weeks later this controversy dies down and someone else take up that name partner opportunity and make hay and Ford knows it very well. Business folks don't make emotional decisions.
Yes, absolutely possible.
But even if not, the situation must be clarified now.
And to do this, everyone needs to know the basis on which a decision can be made.
Otherwise everyone loses.

clownfish
clownfish

basti313 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 14:01

As written: What I saw.
I certainly do not have the time to make a list of messages and the content, maybe you can?

I saw some message where he approached her and some message where she approached him. I honestly did not see a no from her...but if this is there one also needs to really check what happened after the no.

At the very least you should go and read the full thing, start to finish before you comment further.
  • She says no several times but he continues to send inappropriate messages and make video calls
  • He tries to get her to delete her whatsapp chat history
  • It seems like he was trying to get her to either leave her current role or work from home when things started to sour
Again, the above is assuming the data is real.