Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

mendis wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 13:53
littlebigcat wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 13:48
chrstphrln wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 13:33
Maybe he should go on the offensive to prevent further damage to his family, Red Bull and himself and to take the wind out of the sails of the anonymous accusers.

"Yes, the news is real, it was misconduct towards my colleague, the matter has been resolved, we can continue to work together (or not), we are professionals, the employer has determined in a detailed investigation that there is no need to sanction BUT this is a PURELY PRIVATE MATTER that no longer affects professional matters.
It did not affect my tasks as team leader, nor the tasks of my colleague. I have to clarify everything else with my family and that doesn't belong in public."

Then a few days of media storm and then there is peace.
But the way it's being handled now is just harmful.
Bye bye Ford
Is Ford the Gold standard of Morality?

https://www.wsj.com/video/ford-apologiz ... 627ABBF8A3
You are comparing 2013 with 2024. The PR and corporate responsibility landscape are very different now.

To quote Jim Farley in his letter to RBR;

“As we have indicated previously, without satisfactory response, Ford’s values are non-negotiable.
“It is imperative that our racing partners share and demonstrate a genuine commitment to those same values. My team and I are available at any time to discuss this matter. We remain insistent on, and hopeful for, a resolution we can all stand behind.”

mendis
mendis

littlebigcat wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 14:17
mendis wrote:
littlebigcat wrote:

Bye bye Ford

You are comparing 2013 with 2024. The PR and corporate responsibility landscape are very different now.

“As we have indicated previously, without satisfactory response, Ford’s values are non-negotiable.
“It is imperative that our racing partners share and demonstrate a genuine commitment to those same values. My team and I are available at any time to discuss this matter. We remain insistent on, and hopeful for, a resolution we can all stand behind.”
What is a good timeframe to forget the past sins?

Watto
Watto

chrstphrln wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 14:07
mendis wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 14:02
chrstphrln wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 13:58

Even if Ford were the gold standard, Horner couldn't do any worse.
He can only clarify the situation and then all partners either cope with it or not. Also Ford.
The way it is now is much worse.
Regardless whether Horner does or not, Ford will continue as they are have got a platform to make a name for themselves with Red Bull in F1. It's business. If they leave, then a few weeks later this controversy dies down and someone else take up that name partner opportunity and make hay and Ford knows it very well. Business folks don't make emotional decisions.
Yes, absolutely possible.
But even if not, the situation must be clarified now.
And to do this, everyone needs to know the basis on which a decision can be made.
Otherwise everyone loses.
the answer doesn’t necessarily have to be public though if RBR share the report with Ford and some within Liberty/FIA and they makes a call from there is probably more important to than a PR statement where I think fans of opposing sides will just read into it what they want. I think there are a lot on either side that will never change their mind- even more I doubt we will ever know the whole truth.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

mendis wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 14:27
littlebigcat wrote:
mendis wrote:

You’re confused if you think public companies are static monolithic entities. Past errors and current climates inform and dictate current actions.

I did not say previous actions by FMC should be excused. What matters is the current corporate and public responsibility of Ford, and Jim Farley has stated that. If these messages are real, then RB and RBR has arguably not matched them.

mendis
mendis

littlebigcat wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 14:32
mendis wrote:
littlebigcat wrote:

You’re confused if you think public companies are static monolithic entities. Past errors and current climates inform and dictate current actions.

I did not say previous actions by FMC should be excused. What matters is the current corporate and public responsibility of Ford, and Jim Farley has stated that. If these messages are real, then RB and RBR has arguably not matched them.
So if Ford continues despite the current way Red Bull and Horner continues to handle the way they are, does it mean Ford are compromising with their values? Continuing with a Partner that doesn't meet their gold standard values? Let's see what would be important for them.

stonehenge
stonehenge

littlebigcat wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 14:32
mendis wrote:
littlebigcat wrote:

I concur. Also keep in mind that public opinion on what is appropriate workplace behavior between a manager and a subordinate employee has shifted quite heavily in the U.S. in recent years. Rightfully so IMO, but regardless, it’s hard to imagine Ford will tolerate Horner staying in his position if the evidence that we’ve seen is authentic. It may not be criminally liable, but it is absolutely the kind of behavior that has become unacceptable here in the U.S. Companies want to make money.

It doesn’t really matter whether they are morally sincere, they will always be beholden to what hurts their bottom line. If they feel that people will have a negative perception of Ford because they are associated with Horner, they will take action. Plain and simple.

stonehenge
stonehenge

https://x.com/smitchellf1/status/176354 ... 67530?s=46
One thing I missed out that feels worthy of clarifying: I've not received any implicit or explicit legal threat about publishing anything related to this. I'm not aware anyone has (though doesn't mean they haven't). We just always have the law in mind when dealing with anything.
Journalist denying the claim had Red Bull has been threatening legal action against any British media outlets that publish the purported evidence.

epo
epo

littlebigcat wrote:
mendis wrote:
littlebigcat wrote:

Bye bye Ford

I am sure they can find better and more interesting partners, Ford is like the most boring car manufacturer in the world, most boring brand ever and they are only in for the money and USA brand.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

epo wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 14:55
littlebigcat wrote:
mendis wrote:

I am sure they can find better and more interesting partners, Ford is like the most boring car manufacturer in the world, most boring brand ever and they are only in for the money and USA brand.
Thinking about it, you’re right. They don’t produce Hollywood films staring two of the biggest males actors about boring brands.

stonehenge
stonehenge

epo wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 14:55
littlebigcat wrote:
mendis wrote:

Some of these takes are just outright silly and hard to take seriously.

Stylus_XL
Stylus_XL

Whether the evidence is authentic or not, Red Bull have failed miserably to contain this debacle. Not surprising that Domenicali and Ben Sulayem are reportedly preparing to step in.

dans79

Stylus_XL wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 15:03
Whether the evidence is authentic or not, Red Bull have failed miserably to contain this debacle. Not surprising that Domenicali and Ben Sulayem are reportedly preparing to step in.
Yep, it's overshadowing everything else related to F1.
197 104 103 7

Watto
Watto

Sky reporting Horner is currently in a meeting with Ben Sulayem

stonehenge
stonehenge

dans79 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 15:06
Stylus_XL wrote:
Ted Kravitz just reported that Ben Sulayem is meeting with Christian Horner. Horner is not on the pit wall. Everything is pointing to these screenshots being authentic. There would be no reason to meet if they weren’t. Red Bull would already have been able to make that determination and tell the FIA/F1, even if you think there might be a reason not to state so publicly.

Watto
Watto

stonehenge wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 15:09
dans79 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 15:06
Stylus_XL wrote:
Ted Kravitz just reported that Ben Sulayem is meeting with Christian Horner. Horner is not on the pit wall. Everything is pointing to these screenshots being authentic. There would be no reason to meet if they weren’t. Red Bull would already have been able to make that determination and tell the FIA/F1, even if you think there might be a reason not to state so publicly.
Maybe but could be asking RBR for either the full report, joint statement, or release more clarity, could ask if it they are willing to release a more public statement, of legit - and I’m very open to them being real- could argue he’d want to have meet with Horner last night after FP2 or this morning before FP3 etc , would agree it’s not a great look but again argue people can read into it anyway they want