Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Mogster wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 19:19
Cold Fussion wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 18:54
The complaint was investigated by an independent barrister, and presumably they wouldn't be participating in a 'cover-up' so we should assume that whatever is in that report is close to what could reasonably be established as the truth.
You have a very high opinion of the legal profession :D

What I do think is that this could be as bad as it gets for Horner professionally. Now the evidence is out there, as long as it is all out now. Of course if Ford pull out then that would pile more pressure on, but if he can tough this out from here then…
Yeh, the post office was represented by lawyers for decades, and we all know now how flexible they were with the definition of truth.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Mogster wrote:
Cold Fussion wrote:
The complaint was investigated by an independent barrister, and presumably they wouldn't be participating in a 'cover-up' so we should assume that whatever is in that report is close to what could reasonably be established as the truth.

What I do think is that this could be as bad as it gets for Horner professionally. Now the evidence is out there, as long as it is all out now. Of course if Ford pull out then that would pile more pressure on, but if he can tough this out from here then…
The barrister wrote a report. That report could have factually said what was in the text messages and that Horner admitted they were accurate. The barrister doesn’t need to be part of a cover as the Red Bull board decided what to do with that report.

That’s why there was calls for transparency, because the contents of the report and the criteria that cleared him were unknown.

stonehenge
stonehenge

littlebigcat wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 19:46
Mogster wrote:
Cold Fussion wrote:

The barrister wrote a report. That report could have factually said what was in the text messages and that Horner admitted they were accurate. The barrister doesn’t need to be part of a cover as the Red Bull board decided what to do with that report.

That’s why there was calls for transparency, because the contents of the report and the criteria that cleared him were unknown.
Exactly. Once again (screaming from the rooftops) the only thing Red Bull said is that the complaint was dismissed! They didn’t say the investigation cleared Horner, or didn’t find evidence, or anything else whatsoever.

mendis
mendis

stonehenge wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 19:49
littlebigcat wrote:
Mogster wrote:

Exactly. Once again (screaming from the rooftops) the only thing Red Bull said is that the complaint was dismissed! They didn’t say the investigation cleared Horner, or didn’t find evidence, or anything else whatsoever.
One can keep doing Wordplay of Red Bull statement all day long. If you have never been on a company's harassment redressal committee, you would never understand when a complaint gets dismissed and what a dismissal means.

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

littlebigcat wrote:

Exactly this, the key is what is (and potentially isn't) in the report, and how widely circulated was it. We know Ford's CEO was making statements that this type of behaviour is against their values, so was the report shared with them? And if it was, are we to infer from their silence that they are content with it's outcomes, and Red Bull's decision to dismiss the grievance?

stonehenge
stonehenge

mendis wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 19:53
stonehenge wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 19:49
littlebigcat wrote:

One can keep doing Wordplay of Red Bull statement all day long. If you have never been on a company's harassment redressal committee, you would never understand when a complaint gets dismissed and what a dismissal means.
I have never said that it’s not possible that Horner was cleared of wrongdoing but to state that he was is simply inaccurate. We don’t know what the report found and the reasons for why the complaint was dismissed! If anyone is doing wordplay, it’s you!
Last edited by stonehenge on 01 Mar 2024, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

DDopey
DDopey

The pitchforks are annoying. But for some people it is the only thing to cling on as their beloved team again gets obliterated in racing, so even on this forum these ppl will shift their focus to attacks outside out of F1 racing. Sad really.

balex
balex

Why does this thread even exist here? There are a million other places to get your fix of brain-dead gossip. I'm not sure why the mods here feel the need to cater to the lowest common denominator (let alone why so many people feel so entitled to transparency).

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

DDopey wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:18
The pitchforks are annoying. But for some people it is the only thing to cling on as their beloved team again gets obliterated in racing, so even on this forum these ppl will shift their focus to attacks outside out of F1 racing. Sad really.
So you assume these people who are condemning Horner for potentially abusive behaviour which is unacceptable in any UK workplace in 2024 are only doing so because they're fans of, I guess you'd say Mercedes?

It isn't at all possible that they're actually just good human beings with a moral compass who understand the difference between right and wrong and will not forgive Horner just because he's the most successful Team Principle in F1 at the moment?

Put this another way, if this is true, and it certainly looks that way, this is worse than what Briatore did and he was forced out of the sport. This is worse than what Mosley did and he was crucified by many fans.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

balex wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:24
Why does this thread even exist here? There are a million other places to get your fix of brain-dead gossip. I'm not sure why the mods here feel the need to cater to the lowest common denominator (let alone why so many people feel so entitled to transparency).
Because without this thread it would pollute the race and team threads.

No-one is forcing you to read the thread!!
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

balex
balex

PapayaFan481 wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 20:26
Because without this thread it would pollute the race and team threads.
Logical fallacy.
PapayaFan481 wrote:
No-one is forcing you to read the thread!!
Yeah no s**t, I'm definitely not. I'm just here to vote-with-my-post, amongst all the sad baying and craven speculation.

langedweil

PapayaFan481 wrote:
Put this another way, if this is true, and it certainly looks that way, this is worse than what Briatore did and he was forced out of the sport. This is worse than what Mosley did and he was crucified by many fans.
Point is, you don't even seem to understand see what you do here.
@Dialtone .. the last couple of pages kinda prove my point I'd say. But I'm sure you'll remain in disagreement, which is fine ..

This high-horsemanship is worrying
HuggaWugga !

dialtone
dialtone

langedweil wrote:
PapayaFan481 wrote:
@Dialtone .. the last couple of pages kinda prove my point I'd say. But I'm sure you'll remain in disagreement, which is fine ..

No they don’t. Half the people in this forum are defending him. People on reddit and certain journalists were calling the documents fake based on no expert analysis. We’re very very far from a critical mass of people calling for his head and then there’s the little fact of him not having stepped down yet so… this has nothing to do with cancel culture, again if the allegations were true, an actual crime would be committed, this isn’t the expression of a controversial opinion.

maxxer
maxxer

Ah well with the circus being on the road for 24 weekends a year , the cost cap limiting to bring your partner along there will be alot more mingling in between team staff :) who can blame them

epo
epo

dialtone wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 21:03
langedweil wrote:
PapayaFan481 wrote:

No they don’t. Half the people in this forum are defending him. People on reddit and certain journalists were calling the documents fake based on no expert analysis. We’re very very far from a critical mass of people calling for his head and then there’s the little fact of him not having stepped down yet so… this has nothing to do with cancel culture, again if the allegations were true, an actual crime would be committed, this isn’t the expression of a controversial opinion.
Yeah because these days heads get cut off for less, it is very honourable he is still at his job. Not guilty until proven, and the so called evidence says enough.