How does Vettel compare to other drivers?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: How does Vettel compare to other drivers?

Did Hamilton ever have anyone allowed to race him other than Alonso? :lol:

I jest!

Dave Killens post should serve as a guide nsmikle. Hamilton is good, but I'm pretty sure there are drivers fully capable of handing him a hiding regularly.
Vettel is super quick but nowhere near as complete as Hamilton. Is that clear enough for you??

Although vettel has had less time in a top team his stats are nearly identical ... He isn't to be sneezed at and will only get better.

This thread is teetering on the brink of fanboyism....
More could have been done.
David Purley

beelsebob
beelsebob

bhallg2k wrote:Let's see how this stirs the pot...

In his prime, Schumacher* beats them all, even if faced with each of them at their highest level.

* For the record, I don't particularly like the man. Even his fashion sense is loathsome.
I disagree, I don't actually think Schumacher was that great a driver. He just got a) lucky with his teams b) lucky with his timing in the sport to have no other good drivers about really (okay, Hakinen was pretty good, but hardly a great).

I think any of Vettel, Hamilton or Alonso would beat Schumacher if the young schumacher was brought to the future.

CHT
CHT

myurr wrote:That year in the wet the Torro Rosso was second only to the McLaren, and Vettel's win was in a race where McLaren and Ferrari badly stuffed up qualifying by being too clever with the weather.
I think it is Vettel who really made the difference in the STR qualifying and win rather than the machinery itself.

CHT
CHT

beelsebob wrote:
I think any of Vettel, Hamilton or Alonso would beat Schumacher if the young schumacher was brought to the future.
Why not bring Vettel Hamilton and Alonso back to the past instead?

xpensive
xpensive

The problem with this evaluation is to my mind they are in cars not even comparable, put Kovalainen in the RBR and he would surely be on the front row, such is their current superiority. Would'nt it be cool if they were allowed to race eachothers in something like the old IROC, with the same cars?

Imagine that...
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

marcush.
marcush.

put them into a 1987 Ferrari /Mclaren/williams/Brabham in qualy spec and compare.
Drivers not necessarily shine in pretend racecars...

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

HampusA wrote:..................
Explain sports fan.
Last edited by Giblet on 17 May 2011, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quoted personal comment

xpensive
xpensive

marcush. wrote:put them into a 1987 Ferrari /Mclaren/williams/Brabham in qualy spec and compare.
Drivers not necessarily shine in pretend racecars...
Now that's a thought marcush, not that I think many of today's pilots would dare taking a 1300 Hp car, in which you could actually hurt yourself if you crash, to the limit at Spa... Why not let everyone have a go in the 2009 Brawn?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Giblet
Giblet

All reports are about this thread. Talking about drivers makes people act as a metaphor in relation to something negative, possibly with a double meaning tucked away somewhere that you may or may not have caught.

I'm not feeling terrible creative right now.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute