2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
munudeges
munudeges

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

Crabbia wrote:Also I've heard that Kimi is not very me mechanically minded, or less so than other drivers. He just wants to get in the car and drive the balls off it.
That's a load of crap based on a lot of idiotic peoples' ideas of what he's like, without knowing him. Everyone at McLaren or Ferrari will tell you different.

munudeges
munudeges

I can't see Raikkonen not completely dominating this race. To come straight out and have that one lap speed that Lotus never seems to have was very impressive.

Mika1
Mika1

According to Gary Anderson Merc's tyre wear is looking good! Didn't think that after FP1!
The boss follows me on twitter.

Vasconia

Raikkonen is looking amazing, awesome tyre degradation and good long run pace(as expected). Even on qualy he could match RB´s pace, its clearly the favourite to win the race if rain doesnt bring some chaos.

But Ferrari is looking very good too, It would not be a great surprise if Alonso can win the race.

Rb is struggling with the tyres and Mercedes is out of the fight for the podium in normal conditions, 5-6 would be a great result for them, but who knows what can happen if it rains heavily.

lewishamilton90
lewishamilton90

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106235
Malaysian GP: Lewis Hamilton upbeat about Mercedes' race pace

vall
vall

interesting! Looking at the FP1&2, Marussya in Bianchi's hands is up there with Whilliams and Toro Rosso. Is that for real?

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Looks like the Red Bulls, the Ferrari and the Lotus are very close.

Really disappointed by Mclaren!

CHT
CHT

vall wrote:interesting! Looking at the FP1&2, Marussya in Bianchi's hands is up there with Whilliams and Toro Rosso. Is that for real?
Bianchi has been brilliant in the Marussia, I hope he will score a point or 2 this season.

Tamburello
Tamburello

kilcoo316 wrote:
Faustino wrote:Lotus could be the one to beat again, or should I say Kimi? :)

Romain doesn't look like he can get the same pace from the car.
Yes - I wonder what the issue is?

Last year, RG did not appear to have difficulty being around the pace of KR.
Romain doesn't have the full package with regards to the car, as confirmed by TD Allison. It's a shame that they can only have one car upgraded fully for this race.

Shrieker

kris wrote:
Shrieker wrote:Di Resta on hards 0.003 faster than Lewis on mediums. Can't be good news for Merc i suppose.
Not good news if they had the same fuel loads.. lets wait for tommorow
It was Ham's quali sim run... I'm assuming teams don't do their quali practice more than 1/4 or 1/3 tanks. That imho puts Di Resta and Ham's fuel loads in the same ballpark.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Ral
Ral

Tamburello wrote:
kilcoo316 wrote:
Faustino wrote:Lotus could be the one to beat again, or should I say Kimi? :)

Romain doesn't look like he can get the same pace from the car.
Yes - I wonder what the issue is?

Last year, RG did not appear to have difficulty being around the pace of KR.
Romain doesn't have the full package with regards to the car, as confirmed by TD Allison. It's a shame that they can only have one car upgraded fully for this race.
Although if I read between the lines correctly they simply don't have another one to put on Grosjean's car for now, if it's true that he is having balance issues it might be better not to introduce another variable anyway until that's resolved?

Of course, if the balance issue does exist purely between Grosjean's ears, then not having the new package will only exacerbate it.

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

Possibly Mercedes are concentrating on long run speed rather than single lap pace. Maybe they will sacrifice qualification positions in the hope that they can move through the pack in the race with better tyre wear and strategy.
Personally I think this would make sense after seeing what happened last weekend

Mika1
Mika1

Hamilton didn't do a quali lap in FP2, he just confirmed.

Shrieker

Mika1 wrote:Hamilton didn't do a quali lap in FP2, he just confirmed.
Well I've been wrong before lol. Hope he speaks the truth, that would be most welcome news then.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Mika1
Mika1

He wanted to do one, but then it started to rain.