Ferrari SF-24 speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
S D

Re: Ferrari SF-24 speculation

scuderiabrandon wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 13:28
It is not based on any circuit. It is a theoretcial figure. Just like the estimated gain from 10 kilo weight reduction is around 0.3s.
According to reports from formu1a.uno, these modifications to the Ferrari 2024 seem to be showing positive signs in the wind tunnel. There is talk of a red car that has found 30 load points compared to the specification of the Japanese Grand Prix. Ideally, this translates into a gain of about 4 tenths of a second. The good news is that this increase in load does not come with an increase in generated drag. Ferrari seems to have succeeded in improving the car’s efficiency.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 21:57

I think not much time was gained between '22 and '23 because while the floor edge change was absorbed better by some teams (RB) and worse by others (Ferrari, some of the teams' gains.
A fantastic point. The true improvement was masked by a very destructive regulation change and cars were still faster than last year (RB atleast...). Reg change was rumored to cost teams half a second and likely more than that for teams that were fundamentally more sensitive to ride height like Ferrari and Mercedes. https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/2023- ... /10416852/

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
03 Jan 2024, 23:15
organic wrote:

I think not much time was gained between '22 and '23 because while the floor edge change was absorbed better by some teams (RB) and worse by others (Ferrari, some of the teams' gains.
A fantastic point. The true improvement was masked by a very destructive regulation change and cars were still faster than last year (RB atleast...). Reg change was rumored to cost teams half a second and likely more than that for teams that were fundamentally more sensitive to ride height like Ferrari and Mercedes. https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/2023- ... /10416852/
According to Newey the regs changed hurt Ferrari in high speed corners which is true as the SF 23 was way less competitive than the F1 75 in this area.

F1Krof

Wroom wroom

K1Plus
K1Plus

Xyz22 wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 13:38
AR3-GP wrote:
organic wrote:

According to Newey the regs changed hurt Ferrari in high speed corners which is true as the SF 23 was way less competitive than the F1 75 in this area.
The F1-75 was the best car on the grid in high speed corners, the SF23 lost a lot of time there, and in the medium speed too it lost some. From what I've read in this thread so far the main takeaway is that they were able to regain the F1-75 load if these 4.5/5 tenths are true? (if?) And even make faster cornering in high speeds (Christmas lunch?)

There was an article I read where Cardile said the 2024 will be brand new.
Do you think they'll be able to give it, the 676, some more front end considering it was quite understeery?

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

The front suspension not even a suspension haha. I see many unrealistic mistakes, so is fake.

Vanja #66

Thanks for sharing. Exceptionally poor illustration quality, hard to believe this ended up in Auto Sprint! :wtf:

Generative front wing, RB-like front suspension, some kind of unfortunate mix of various airboxes and sidepods as narrow as W13 :lol: Way too far away from anything realistic
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

ing.

Vanja #66 wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 15:48

Thanks for sharing. Exceptionally poor illustration quality, hard to believe this ended up in Auto Sprint! :wtf:

Generative front wing, RB-like front suspension, some kind of unfortunate mix of various airboxes and sidepods as narrow as W13 :lol: Way too far away from anything realistic
Not surprised as it’s the same guy I wrote about here:
ing. wrote:
28 Dec 2023, 18:33
https://x.com/cl16__fanpagefr/status/17 ... 5rN71eTA2g

This is basically just rehashing what has been speculated elsewhere, but with graphics for non-Italian (or French) speakers.

Interesting that the new buzzword among the “pundits” is anti-dive, thinking that RB have a high anti-dive coefficient because of their aero-driven inclined front upper and (significantly) lower wishbones, which is not the case.

Further stating that the anti-dive geometry reduces porpoising—which is most evident at speed on the straight when no braking is involved—reduces the credibility of this prediction.

Also, it would be disappointing if details of the car are really being leaked by Ferrari insiders.

FDD
FDD

According to me, excellent text by Alessandro Arcari, apropos all BS stated by the journalists:
"Ferrari, project 676: 30 more load points? Don't wait it's 40... or maybe 50? We're talking about 5 tenths of profit per lap. Or maybe even a second. Better to shoot even a second and a half so we can all be happy. Let's add that the 2024 car is brand new, designed from a blank sheet of paper, has innovative suspensions that allow you to use a Soft set for 50 laps in the race and the power unit adds another 30 horsepower compared to two months ago."
They (journalists) know everting, regradless the fact that in GES they do not know nothing about the performance of 2024 car.

ing.

FDD wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 20:32
According to me, excellent text by Alessandro Arcari, apropos all BS stated by the journalists:
"Ferrari, project 676: 30 more load points? Don't wait it's 40... or maybe 50? We're talking about 5 tenths of profit per lap. Or maybe even a second. Better to shoot even a second and a half so we can all be happy. Let's add that the 2024 car is brand new, designed from a blank sheet of paper, has innovative suspensions that allow you to use a Soft set for 50 laps in the race and the power unit adds another 30 horsepower compared to two months ago."
They (journalists) know everting, regradless the fact that in GES they do not know nothing about the performance of 2024 car.
Exactly. Would rather wait and be surprised than know that critical info is being leaked—not too professional.

It’s amazing though how certain things are written with no shame about being discovered to be false eventually.

KimiRai
KimiRai

ing. wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 21:20
FDD wrote:
04 Jan 2024, 20:32
Exactly. Would rather wait and be surprised than know that critical info is being leaked—not too professional.

It’s amazing though how certain things are written with no shame about being discovered to be false eventually.
Agree, but to be honest Ferrari and Italian media tend to be quite leaky. So far most statements shared here seem plausible. It's not, or at least it doesn't seem to be, empty hype à la "Ferrari SF-23 car will be unprecedented in terms of speed".

deadhead

Xyz22 wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
organic wrote:

I think the very first signs of this was France 2022 when LEC lost it in a high speed corner.. I still think he went in there too hot, but he probably expected an F1-75 but instead he got an early taste of the SF23

marcel171281
marcel171281

deadhead wrote:
05 Jan 2024, 00:32
Xyz22 wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

I think the very first signs of this was France 2022 when LEC lost it in a high speed corner.. I still think he went in there too hot, but he probably expected an F1-75 but instead he got an early taste of the SF23
But the reg didn't change before France 2022. Pretty sure Newey referred to the raised floor edges for the 2023 season.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Hilariously, for now, Nugnes has been the most "reliable" and "feet on the ground" reporter.

He has also been the first one to reveal the aim of developing a thinner gearbox and avoided talking about specific gains in terms of performance (i.e. 0.5s / 1s etc.)

In any event guys no one will touch Red Bull unless they screw up somehow, which is highly unlikely.

McMika98
McMika98

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arti ... oho+Social

Here we go again:
Talking with the Scuderia’s technical director Enrico Cardile, it’s apparent that his interpretation of how the suspension and aero interact with these cars is quite different to that of Newey’s (and now Allison’s).
“Suspension set up for me is a bit overrated,” he said. “Because you design your set-up options to cover a wide range.
Fool me once same on me, fool me again. The ignorance is quite something, time will tell.