2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
siskue2005

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Neuron wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 12:40
siskue2005 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:50
George is no Bottas, but from the first 3 races he definitely is not Nico Rosberg. Maybe somewhere in between those two.
It's quite interesting to compare Russell (3 races with Mercedes) to Rosberg (6 years with Mercedes until he won a WDC against Hamilton) but... ok.
That's why I said in the first 3 races this is the impression.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

siskue2005 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 14:02
Neuron wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:50
George is no Bottas, but from the first 3 races he definitely is not Nico Rosberg. Maybe somewhere in between those two.
It's quite interesting to compare Russell (3 races with Mercedes) to Rosberg (6 years with Mercedes until he won a WDC against Hamilton) but... ok.
Russel is the accountant. He plays the long game

RZS10

This site could be so much better without the incessant sh*t stirring ...
It takes a few seconds to have a look at Merc's social media channels to see that they had a large number of posts celebrating the podium and the posts for each driver's finishing position have a separate one for George (twitter link) and one for Lewis (twitter link) which still mentions that George was on the Podium - so if anything then it was rather the opposite to what was implied in the one of the posts above.

kenshi_blind

RZS10 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 14:06
This site could be so much better without the incessant sh*t stirring ...
It takes a few seconds to have a look at Merc's social media channels to see that they had a large number of posts celebrating the podium and the posts for each driver's finishing position have a separate one for George (twitter link) and one for Lewis (twitter link) which still mentions that George was on the Podium - so if anything then it was rather the opposite to what was implied in the one of the posts above.
I couldn't agree more
it makes reading the threads so difficult, if only there was an option that allows us not to see the quoted posts of those we've put on ignore

proteus

siskue2005 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 14:01
proteus wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 11:09
Mchamilton wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:14

How did george drive a better race exactly? He was behind the whole time untill the SC helped him out. Lewis was managing tyres befote the sc, hence why he pulled the gap on george to over 2 seconds when he decided to. Then after the SC again lewis manages tyre while George fights perez for no real reason. The lewis closes to 1 second behind george untill he apparently has engine temp issue, though i think secretly the team told him to hold position, hence his comment.
Lewis lawyers on the work right away. Neither you or me know what exactly happened on that track. Only Lewis, George and Mercedes know. The fact of the matter however is that George finished ahead and is ahead in the standings. And the rest is pure speculation.
Hmmm.. you must have missed the part where Lewis was ahead in the first stint when George was slower and around 7 sec behind Lewis before the safety car came.🤔
Hmmm...Have there been any points given for that or were they given after the race?
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Incognito
Incognito

proteus wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 11:09
Lewis lawyers on the work right away. Neither you or me know what exactly happened on that track. Only Lewis, George and Mercedes know. The fact of the matter however is that George finished ahead and is ahead in the standings. And the rest is pure speculation.
In the same way we can all agree that 'the fact of the matter however is that' Perez is (checks standings) 20% faster than Verstappen and that Leclerc is nearly two-and-a-half times the driver that Sainz is. Now that these inalienable truths have been stated, what other searing factual insights can you share about the teams?

silver
silver

Some people here are so salty and haven't moved on from hating Verstappen, while Hamilton seems to have moved on. The forum is being spoiled by such rubbish posters here. 2022 is promising to be another good season, but some people are just sore here. Some if not showing outright hate, are piggy backing on Leclerc's success to demean Verstappen's talent. Guys, stop being silly and enjoy a good show.

PlatinumZealot

Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 10 Apr 2022, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

The trolls are back in town. Still picking at minor misfortunes! Hehe.

Awesome drives by both drivers. Again great pace by George. Poor strategy from Mercedes again alway pitting lewis earlier goes against his ability to eke out more life out of the tyres.

The car was good enough to take advantage of RedBull's tyre graining at least. We won't be as close to them on a proper race track.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

silver wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 15:58
Some people here are so salty and haven't moved on from hating Verstappen, while Hamilton seems to have moved on. The forum is being spoiled by such rubbish posters here. 2022 is promising to be another good season, but some people are just sore here. Some if not showing outright hate, are piggy backing on Leclerc's success to demean Verstappen's talent. Guys, stop being silly and enjoy a good show.
And what does Verstappen have to do with the Mercedes thread? If there is any salty tears for Max, thye wont be shed inside this thread!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

silver
silver

PlatinumZealot wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 17:55
silver wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 15:58
And what does Verstappen have to do with the Mercedes thread? If there is any salty tears for Max, thye wont be shed inside this thread!
Apologies mate. I had no intentions of adding to the river of tears in this thread. :)

xaero
xaero

Dear Mods, If you are doing clean-up then please do a thorough job. I know my posts deserved to be deleted, but then few other posts as well as my responses were only because of those moronic posts. A humble request to maintain neutrality.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

xaero wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 19:03
Dear Mods, If you are doing clean-up then please do a thorough job. I know my posts deserved to be deleted, but then few other posts as well as my responses were only because of those moronic posts. A humble request to maintain neutrality.
Good luck with the mods. There is a certain "factor" to their actions. Max fans having a go at Mercedes is well within their "factor" allowances. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Mogster

NL_Fer wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 14:05
siskue2005 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 14:02
Neuron wrote:

Russel is the accountant. He plays the long game
100% agree. Great nickname for the future :)

siskue2005

Just_a_fan wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 19:53
xaero wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 19:03
Good luck with the mods. There is a certain "factor" to their actions. Max fans having a go at Mercedes is well within their "factor" allowances. :lol:
True, And if Lewis fans have a go at redbull or max it's an instant warning