2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Bill wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:49
runningmanz wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:42
Well done Dan. couldn't have done much more really, Ocon was super fast at the end pulling 1:46s which was one of the fastest on the track. No chance of keeping him behind. Dan finished 22 secs ahead of Yuki. Perez was rubbish again finishing 8th. RBR would be mad to keep him in that seat.
do u have to bring yuki in conversation .yuki is good at maximizing his chances when opportunities are there.yuki strategy was rubbish they kept him longer on medium when they was no clear benefits.i sure he new his race was over from there.people think it just easy to score point when yuki does it,daniel should have kept p10 the strategy was right.
You are kidding right. Dan couldn't have done anymore. You obviously didn't see how fast Ocon was at the end especially in S1. He was lapping in the 1:46s , Dan had no chance keeping him behind. Maybe watch the race more closely next time.

Bill
Bill

runningmanz wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:20
Bill wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:49
runningmanz wrote:
Well done Dan. couldn't have done much more really, Ocon was super fast at the end pulling 1:46s which was one of the fastest on the track. No chance of keeping him behind. Dan finished 22 secs ahead of Yuki. Perez was rubbish again finishing 8th. RBR would be mad to keep him in that seat.
do u have to bring yuki in conversation .yuki is good at maximizing his chances when opportunities are there.yuki strategy was rubbish they kept him longer on medium when they was no clear benefits.i sure he new his race was over from there.people think it just easy to score point when yuki does it,daniel should have kept p10 the strategy was right.
You are kidding right. Dan couldn't have done anymore. You obviously didn't see how fast Ocon was at the end especially in S1. He was lapping in the 1:46s , Dan had no chance keeping him behind. Maybe watch the race more closely next time.
you guys like arguing .dan will get the redbull seat on merit and you will happy. the end

Big Gun
Big Gun

Dan is finally looking like his old self again. Should of tried a one stopper?

Mansell89
Mansell89

A well earned point from Ricciardo once Russell’s DQ is confirmed. Cracking effort that.

I genuinely think he’s been pretty on it this season- car was useless early on but Yuki was on fire first part of the season and has really risen to the challenge of having Danny Ricc as his team mate. On merit YT is the front runner for Red Bull 2nd seat but there are a number of factors at play which mean he won’t be that choice, which is neither his or DRs fault.

Ricciardo has had a few strong performances recently and looks like his racy self now there’s a bit more underneath him.

With RB crediting his development work, and Red Bull racing perhaps struggling after their upgrades, I do wonder if Ricciardo is the sensible 2025 choice as he doesn’t threaten Max, he’s very well integrated in the Red Bull family, has the experience of being in amongst the front front of the grid, strong in development feedback and of course is very marketable.

Lets see how it shakes out but he has the spring in his step again.

He won’t be worse than Perez but he might be very handy as a podium thief as the front 3-4 teams continue to get closer together performance wise, which is where he always did well.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Mansell89 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:59
A well earned point from Ricciardo once Russell’s DQ is confirmed. Cracking effort that.

I genuinely think he’s been pretty on it this season- car was useless early on but Yuki was on fire first part of the season and has really risen to the challenge of having Danny Ricc as his team mate. On merit YT is the front runner for Red Bull 2nd seat but there are a number of factors at play which mean he won’t be that choice, which is neither his or DRs fault.

Ricciardo has had a few strong performances recently and looks like his racy self now there’s a bit more underneath him.

With RB crediting his development work, and Red Bull racing perhaps struggling after their upgrades, I do wonder if Ricciardo is the sensible 2025 choice as he doesn’t threaten Max, he’s very well integrated in the Red Bull family, has the experience of being in amongst the front front of the grid, strong in development feedback and of course is very marketable.

Lets see how it shakes out but he has the spring in his step again.

He won’t be worse than Perez but he might be very handy as a podium thief as the front 3-4 teams continue to get closer together performance wise, which is where he always did well.
He is definitely giving shades of his old self the past couple races, I suspect he's already been given the good news - and the added confidence is propelling him to great performances.

Wouter

I can't understand but I think I know what they are talking about.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Well, this video is a sneaky way of confirming your new teammate . :D

The Power of Dreams!

djos

Big Gun wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:02
Dan is finally looking like his old self again. Should of tried a one stopper?
Or at least not started on the Soft tires, had he been able to stretch the middle stint a couple of extra laps, he might have had enough to hold off Ocon and bag a point. The soft tires just didnt seem to have the grip you'd expect on the first lap, as Bottas was able to jump him on medium's.

(EDIT: Damn, he got one after all, George DSQ'd due to the car being under weight!)

But you are right, the 1 stopper on Hard tires worked for Alonso, but Daniel put on the medium which wouldn't have gone the distance.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

TP seems happy with the weekend generally:
Laurent Mekies (Team Principal)

“Overall, Daniel, Yuki, and the whole team performed quite strongly this weekend, with another race scoring points thanks to George’s last minute penalty. We were P14 with Daniel after lap one, and we made it back to P10, having lost P9 only a couple of laps from the end. It was a very tough fight again at the top of that midfield group, and on a very fast track layout like Spa we were again in that fight and that’s a good sign for the rest of the season”

“On Yuki’s side, we knew coming into this race that our work plan would be different to usual, with Yuki having to start from the back. It was a near impossible mission to make it back to the points from there, and it is fair to say that we never quite managed to have a car that felt right for him this weekend.

“From day one, our aim has been to race as credible competitors at the top of the mid-field and this summer break is a logical time to look at where we stand. We enjoyed a very strong first half of the season in which we built up our performance race after race, scoring points at 10 out of 14 races. We are fighting hard for that P6 in the Constructors’, against very strong competitors, and it’s going to be a tough battle all the way to Abu Dhabi. Our groups in Faenza and in Bicester are getting stronger every day, and we look forward to the next battles.

“We now have a few days’ work either side of the summer break, before tackling the last 10 races in several time zones, all of them back-to-backs or triple-headers. We actually won’t have a standalone race now until Miami at the start of May next year! Proof that Formula 1 is enjoying huge worldwide popularity, and we are happy to be part of it. It is certainly a tough schedule, particularly for the mechanics, so the pause is well deserved after everyone has worked so hard to get our new Visa Cash App RB reality off to a really positive start.”
"In downforce we trust"

hasika
hasika

runningmanz wrote:
There was some issues in Yuki's car,but the team didnt fix it,which was "amazing".
Yuki's car suffered some issues in Friday,so the balance of the car was so really bad in the corners,we could see he lost a lot time in Sector2.Jody Egginton also confirmed his car was not right.Then the team changed some parts in Yuki'car for qualifying and they thought everything was fixed.So the team decided that they wont make further changes in Yuki's car,so Yuki could start in P20 rather than Pitlane.But in fact,the issues were not fully fixed.
“After the race started,i felt the balance was really poor in corners,then i realized that the issues were not fixed.So maybe its because the qualifying was in wet condition,i thought it was fixed."Yuki said.
The team told Yuki“There were some issues with the car,and we will tell you details in the briefing”.

Wouter

The meeting will be today in Milton Keynes and the candidates are Ricciardo, Yuki and Liam to replace Perez.
It won't be Yuki. You could see and hear this weekend from his face and voice he won't be it.

Today Yuki ✈️ to Japan and Ricciardo ✈️ to Perth.

The Power of Dreams!

djos

hasika wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 10:39
runningmanz wrote:
There was some issues in Yuki's car,but the team didnt fix it,which was "amazing".
Yuki's car suffered some issues in Friday,so the balance of the car was so really bad in the corners,we could see he lost a lot time in Sector2.Jody Egginton also confirmed his car was not right.Then the team changed some parts in Yuki'car for qualifying and they thought everything was fixed.So the team decided that they wont make further changes in Yuki's car,so Yuki could start in P20 rather than Pitlane.But in fact,the issues were not fully fixed.
“After the race started,i felt the balance was really poor in corners,then i realized that the issues were not fixed.So maybe its because the qualifying was in wet condition,i thought it was fixed."Yuki said.
The team told Yuki“There were some issues with the car,and we will tell you details in the briefing”.
Yuki definitely got a raw deal this weekend, Daniel had suspension and steering issues in most of the Free Practice sessions too, but the team were able to fix them before qualifying.

Yuki had a right to be unhappy, that is for sure.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Wouter wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 11:13
The meeting will be today in Milton Keynes and the candidates are Ricciardo, Yuki and Liam to replace Perez.
It won't be Yuki. You could see and hear this weekend from his face and voice he won't be it.

Marko’s brutal assessment of Checo!

The Daniel to RBR predictions are coming thick and fast, Elvis is the latest:

I really hope for Liam’s sake they drop Checo to reserve driver. Liam really deserves a few seasons to learn F1 without the pressure of joining a front running team as rookie.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

Wouter wrote:

Strange. Ricciardo said yesterday also on a TV broadcast he was flying today to Australia and the second half of the 3 weeks off
he will be back in Europe.
How about the filming day later this week in Imola? Only Liam because they already made the decision?
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 12:30
Wouter wrote:

Strange. Ricciardo said yesterday also on a TV broadcast he was flying today to Australia and the second half of the 3 weeks off
he will be back in Europe.
How about the filming day later this week in Imola? Only Liam because they already made the decision?
I didn’t think the Summer break shutdown starts till August, the test is on July the 31st.

Hmmm, a possible clue?

"In downforce we trust"