2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
search

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

On German Sky, Bayer just said that thy will likely try an aggressive strategy with Yuki today. So sounds like he may go for 2 stops, Ricciardo for one.

I doubt it will result in points either way (without a couple of DNFs in front), but I guess it makes sense to try something different.

search

well, that didn't work out at all. Now Tsunoda is 10s behind Ricciardo, on more or less similar tires

Bill
Bill

search wrote:
25 Aug 2024, 14:44
On German Sky, Bayer just said that thy will likely try an aggressive strategy with Yuki today. So sounds like he may go for 2 stops, Ricciardo for one.

I doubt it will result in points either way (without a couple of DNFs in front), but I guess it makes sense to try something different.
gamble with slower car not one close to points

Wouter

search wrote:
25 Aug 2024, 14:44

And again a bad strategy for Yuki on a circuit where it is difficult to overtake!! #-o
He is stuck for ages behind a slower Sargeant.
The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

they tried to cover Albon in first stint overlooking that they will be stuck in traffic.they should extended that stint on soft they was no really reason to stop.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Regardless of the substandard pit strategy for Yuki, Dan was quicker today, he finished about a mammoth 42 secs up the road from Yuki (almost 2 pitstops) and passed quite a few cars even getting Stroll at the end while Yuki couldn't get past Sargeant. Dan's strategy wasn't ideal either getting left out too long and losing time to the undercut runnners like Yuki for a number of laps early on.

Bill
Bill

you lack imagination yuki was effectively put to the back off the grid while everyone was on 1 stop strategy i think he threw the towel.if their goal is to have ric ahead its not helping the team.they is optimum strategy if you take the alternate then you doing something wrong.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Not really. he wasn't able to make passes like Dan did regardless of doing the one extra pitstop. Dan was clearly quicker in the race, evidenced by his ability to make passes while Yuki was stuck behind Sargaent for ages not making the pass even when Logan didn't have DRS
Last edited by runningmanz on 25 Aug 2024, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

who care his race was already --- .at no point was dan faster than yuki not practice not quali not race he. if he was fast he will drive for redbull.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Sorry but you are clearly wrong. Explain why Dan was able to pass cars including Albon who was faster than Sargaent and almost Stroll at the end on merit (needed a couple more laps imo) while Yuki couldn't even get past Sargaent with a DRS advantage and better tyres. Dan was clearly faster regardless of strategy difference.
Last edited by runningmanz on 26 Aug 2024, 03:40, edited 3 times in total.

Bill
Bill

yuki vs dan is getting tired yuki has nothing to fight for he was more interested in helping the front runners .listen to radio massages he simple gave up the team is run by bunch of muppets

Big Gun
Big Gun

Yeah I think he easily has better race pace than Yuki, but if he wants that Red Bull seat he has to beat Yuki consistantly in Qually.
Ricciardo despite being on older tyres was faster Stroll and was about 5 seconds behind but slowly reeled him in.
Ricciardo was always known as the tyre whisperer with good race pace that could pull out a special lap in Q3.
Seems that his qualy speed has dropped.
Its in his hands, if he Improves his qualy he has a good chance to go back to RBR

ispano6

Pointless strategy and result requires no head to head comparison. Too much DF drag and bottom of the speed traps means no overtaking was possible unless you had a top speed advantage. Vcarb got the set up wrong and focused too much on qualifying.

Should just copy McLaren's RB19 clone but no, must stick to their own ideas...

runningmanz
runningmanz

ispano6 wrote:
25 Aug 2024, 17:59
Pointless strategy and result requires no head to head comparison. Too much DF drag and bottom of the speed traps means no overtaking was possible unless you had a top speed advantage. Vcarb got the set up wrong and focused too much on qualifying.

Its fair to compare head to head. Yuki couldn't get past Sargaent who was slower than Albon. Yet Dan was able to pass many cars including Albon. He was clearly quicker than Yuki regardless of Yuki's poor strategy call.

ispano6

runningmanz wrote:
26 Aug 2024, 03:42
ispano6 wrote:
25 Aug 2024, 17:59

Its fair to compare head to head. Yuki couldn't get past Sargaent who was slower than Albon. Yet Dan was able to pass many cars including Albon. He was clearly quicker than Yuki regardless of Yuki's poor strategy call.
He outqualified Ric again by a long shot. Yuki's car was not set up to be competitive at all as he was pretty much swallowed up from the beginning of the race. Sargeant's car being fast in a straight-line made it impossible for Yuki to pass. At the end of the race, Yuki still leads Dan by the same points margin.