2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Albon was faster than Sargeant and Dan managed to pass him and other cars. Yuki wasn't even able to pass Sargeant. Can't just blame his end result all on the strategy or setup. He just wasn't as quick as Dan in the race who even managed to close Stroll down at the end.

djos

Disappointing race for the team with no points collected.

I feel bad for Yuki, he got the bad strategy hand this weekend and didn’t seem to have an answer for the cars around him.

Daniel drove an excellent race to finish 12th, it’s just a shame he didn’t start higher up the grid so points were a possibility.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

Yuki Tsunoda will return to action on behalf of Red Bull Racing later this year.
The Japanese driver will do so during a demo run in Taiwan.
The Visa Cash App driver confirmed this to GPblog and others prior to the weekend in Monza.

"I've never been to Taiwan, so I'm already looking forward to that," Tsunoda said. "I don't think we have ever done a race in Taiwan, so let's see how much the Taiwanese people follow Formula One and everything. But it seems like it's already sold. It's my first time doing this kind of demonstration run, so I'm looking forward to it."

Incidentally, it is not yet certain what kind of car the current world championship number 12 will be in action in. Tsunoda himself said, "I think a Red Bull car?", but then VCARB's PR man was quick to state that this is not yet certain. Tsunoda could then say nothing but, "OK, it's not confirmed [apparently] yet!"

Tsunoda himself still hopes to drive a full season in a Red Bull car in the future, but his chances of doing so do not seem very good. For 2025, the 24-year-old driver has signed a contract with his current employer Visa Cash App RB and Sergio Perez is still "just" under contract with Red Bull until 2026. Moreover, Christian Horner reportedly does not have a very high opinion of Tsunoda.
The Power of Dreams!

search

Monza has usually been a good track for the team, will be interesting to see if this is still the case. Going by their performances in Canada or Spielberg, I'd tend to say yes.

djos

search wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 11:24
Monza has usually been a good track for the team, will be interesting to see if this is still the case. Going by their performances in Canada or Spielberg, I'd tend to say yes.
Agreed, if the team get the DF levels right, we should be very competitive.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

An interesting FP1 so far with 9 mins to go. Daniel has spent the entire session on the medium tires so far. Yuki started on the hard and then did a soft run.

Yuki doesn’t seem to have done as many laps as Daniel, so in not sure if he’s had issues or has been playing with different setups.

Daniel’s times on the medium have been faster than Yuki’s soft times, so I’m wondering if is running lower down force (the rear wing is tiny!).

Edit: they both went out again in the last 3 mins, but didn’t improve their times. P12 and P13 at the end.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

Car looks decent so far. Good top speed too.

Yuki has full upgrade package. Only one available so Dan gets it next race.

https://x.com/lawrobarretto/status/1829 ... O7Zzg&s=19

ispano6

Unfortunately for Yuki to have caught Magnussen when he went off track.

Yuki had 3rd fastest speed trap so good straight-line speed but also seemed a bit careful. If it's a new package then obviously something you don't want to bin but it also seemed pretty stable watching the onboard.

djos

I didn’t stay up late enough to watch FP2, going to watch the highlights now. Sounds promising.

Edit: wow, Daniel 8th and ahead of both Aston Martin’s, and the RBR’s! :wtf:

I hope that speed continues for the team!
"In downforce we trust"

search

not a bad start, but despite finishing 8th, the Haas was quicker, and I'd think in a normal session, Albon would have been ahead as well. So to get points, there's still some work to do.

djos

Apparently Yuki has upgrades on the car this weekend and Daniel doesn’t. However I can only find one news site carrying the story, and GP Fans isn’t one of the most reputable IMO.

https://apple.news/A6eX3btQVQZugZioozh33Uw
"In downforce we trust"

search

djos wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 14:25
An interesting FP1 so far with 9 mins to go. Daniel has spent the entire session on the medium tires so far. Yuki started on the hard and then did a soft run.
looks like everyone else is keeping two sets of hards for the race, while Tsunoda will have 1xH and 1xM only. Hard to believe that all others are wrong about the expected level of degradation, but who knows... ;)

djos

search wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 12:54
djos wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 14:25
looks like everyone else is keeping two sets of hards for the race, while Tsunoda will have 1xH and 1xM only. Hard to believe that all others are wrong about the expected level of degradation, but who knows... ;)
A new high grip surface means higher tire deg in the race, so yeah, wasting hard tires does seem like a poor decision.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Fairly solid showing in FP3 from both lads - final positions 12th for Daniel and 13th for Yuki. There was barely a tenth between them on their final soft tire qually sim.
"In downforce we trust"

search

Looks close between them, Aston and Haas. Williams seems to be a good bit ahead.

Having less sets for the race, Tsunoda is now the only driver with 5 sets of softs for Quali. So he absolutely must deliver today.