Hennessey Venom GT

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Hennessey Venom GT

275mph?

Are any of the performance figures verifiable?

And I echo some of the concern of putting 1200bhp into somthing that was designed for 250bhp. They veyron can just about handle it's power, and it took VW some time to get it right.

If they have nailed it, it really is some achievement.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Deltona
Deltona

MadMatt wrote:
Tyler wrote:
MadMatt wrote: Also I cannot see any intercooler, only some sort of heat exchanger (the bottles on the top of the engine). How effective is this, does anybody know? ?

Quality of the car looks nice, but honestly its not worth 1 million $ !

Just my 2 cents... :)
It does have an intercooler.
This video discusses the cooling quite a lot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH5ZmBtw97k
No I'm sorry it doesn't. If you look at the picture from the engine, you can see that after the turbos, the air is going through "heat exchangers" and then goes directly to the engine. I think what is refered to here is the cooler for the liquid of the heat exchanger. I think they did that because they had not the space to mount proper intercoolers in the engine bay (which is strange but still).

What I am interested to know is the efficiency of such air-cooling system, as you don't see this often !

Don't misunderstand me, the car is nice, I'm not criticizing it for fun, but I don't know like how it is presented (typical US style). And comparing a Veyron with this car is nearly an insult. The Veyron is capable of much more speed and acceleration (until the Venom has proved me wrong), it has much more class, warranty is of course better, building quality of a Veyron is just second to none, while this is more like a racecar build for the road, although it is nicely made !

Same goes for the Koenigsegg. You cannot compare these cars which are BRAND NEW cars, not taken from an existing basis, and compare them with a highly upgraded Lotus.

:)

Read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercooler

It doesn't matter what you call it, they all do the same thing and are all heat exchangers.
The water cooled type are used in rear or mid engined cars due to the lack of space and no effective airflow for an air-air type, this also means that some weight is transferred to the front of the car and are very effective in drag cars or ones used for just a short period of time (sprint or hillclimb in the UK).

The ones pictured are made by PWR, they term them 'Barrel coolers'.

1200kg isn't very light for a car like this, but I guess it isn't very serious in what it does - I mean, it's a halfway house between track and road and is neither.

aleks_ader

No guys it weights 1027 pounds or 465 kg!
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Tim.Wright

I doubt that.

A formula ford weighs about that. 1200 is about GT race-car size, so it sounds about right to me.

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

MIKEY_!

Top Gear spec (as tested) was 1247kg.

Guisson

World's Speed Record ?
Excuse me guys but I think that's the SSC Tuatara's target .. :?
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

Pierce89

RB_[Gnx] wrote:World's Speed Record ?
You don't know the difference in WLSR competition vs. fastest street car in the world?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Saribro
Saribro

Entirely unrelated to Thrust SSC. GIYF

MIKEY_!

Pierce89 wrote:
RB_[Gnx] wrote:World's Speed Record ?
You don't know the difference in WLSR competition vs. fastest street car in the world?
Obviously that should have read 'world record for street legal cars' then it makes perfect sense.