Anybody have pics of F1 engine internals

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.

Although the white smoke looks at the trumpets like air condensation too !
I found it as a download download it with flashget (worked for me)
mms://vipeurosport.yacast.net/eurosport/2004/07/01/F1_Renault_16871_4_25_0_320x240.wmv

Here is my collection of Engine images
The piston and the rod is from a ferrari 2001 i think (grabbed from f1atlas forums) And the lower 3 pics is from an asiatech engine

http://www.geocities.com/djgr84/collage.jpg

manchild
manchild

Very nice photos!

ginsu
ginsu

Seriously, they squirt in mid air. The variable length trumpets you see on that pic from Scarbs are in the position of highest rpm - they go upwards, closer to injectors when the engine is on lower rpm, when the vacuum is high and when the engine needs torque and elasticity. On high rpm the trumpets need to be as short as possible.
There is also a resonance that occurs due to the length of the intake trumpets, because of the pressure wave that occurs when the valve closes. And if it's timed properly by matching the length of the intake trumpet (using flow velocity, s.o.s, etc) with the frequency of pulses from the valve closing (rpm dependent, but usually where peak torque occurs) then a resonance can occur that will feed air into the combustion chamber. That's one of the ways they increase the volumetric efficiency on a naturally-aspirated engine.
I love to love Senna.

ginsu
ginsu

Anonymous wrote:Here is my collection of Engine images
The piston and the rod is from a ferrari 2001 i think (grabbed from f1atlas forums) And the lower 3 pics is from an asiatech engine

http://www.geocities.com/djgr84/collage.jpg

I love the 'serrated edge' for the con-rod and big-end cap on the Asiatech engine. Great way to increase the surface area. New Honda K20 motors actually crack the caps off to ensure maximum surface area (because of the surface roughness of the cracked piece). I believe this is for cooling, but it is just as useful from a structural standpoint as it ensures better bonding between the surfaces.
I love to love Senna.

manchild
manchild

Renault piston

manchild
manchild

I found these today looking for something totaly different :lol:

*make sure you enlarge pics because they are high res and worth seeing*

F2000

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

There are basically two ways to design how the surfaces of the rod bearing halves mate. The older, traditional method was to machine each surface as flat and smooth as possible. The second way, favored for higher strengths, is to "crack" .. mechanically split the middle of the bearing, and leave each surface untouched. This way, when reassembled they mate like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, each microscopic dip and bump meeting it's opposite on the other surface. This results in much improved mechanical bonding.

manchild
manchild

Pistons and con rods in previous post and now I've found crankshaft from same engine :wink:

For those who'd like to blow $US 1,499.99 (Euro 1,198.75) on this crankshaft here's the link http://www.ferraristuff.com/en-us/p_2183.html