Historic F1 series

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
benjabulle
benjabulle

Re: Historic F1 series

yeah, I love Gr C/GTP cars also, some of my photos are on their website and my page with videos here :

http://www.gurneyflap.com/09spagrc.html

I'm thinking about Monza, only for 1 day, I don't expect much more cars than at Spa but hope to be wrong, there was a Sauber C11 running in private tests at Donington some days ago, would be a nice addition to the field.

Ted68

Great pic, Ben. Those JPS Lotus's (Lotii?) just look perfect.
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Thank you very much benjabulle, for the information. It sure does bring back great memories from this old fart. Back when these cars were current, the only pictures available were from magazines, and they never came close to the resolution now present. It's like a wonderful re-run, where I can study the cars in greater detail, and revel in the engineering and different philosophies in design and manufacturing.

And of course, just the memories. One that stirred was the label on the Brabahm, the Lobster claw.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

Scania
Scania

why no this....

benjabulle
benjabulle

yeah, this is the kind of beast which would be great to see again, don't know what happened to it. A good news I heard today, one (and maybe 2) of the most famous Williams F1 cars could be seen in public this year in the hands of private drivers. They already track tested some days ago, one of the two, a FW18 was at Magny Cours today in an historic event. The other one could run on a regular basis in an historic F1 serie.

jonbunston
jonbunston

There were only 8 Group C cars at Spa and it would be good to see more at Monza.

Some Pics here for both Group C and HFO

http://www.historic-racing.co.uk

I went over to see the Peter Orlando Tyrell, which had aengine failure just before qualifying....not a happy man

regards

Jon

vyselegend

Hi Jon, and welcome to the forum!

That's a great website you have. I bookmarked it already. :wink: Along benjabulle's site it is the greatest historic cars database I've seen on the net. Good job!

Since you're the only member here who doesn't need a permission to post pics from your site here, I can only encourage you to do it as much as needed! =P~

Pandamasque

A very random question here. What do you think would be the lap time of a '67 F1 car round Silverstone Grand Prix circuit? I remember seeing cars of that period at Silverstone in the summer. Now I looked at silverstoneclassic.com but didn't find anything regarding the race results.

donskar
donskar

GREAT site jonbunston!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill