2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Well done Dan. Did all he could for 12th without the upgrades. Lets see if we can score some points tomorrow.

search

runningmanz wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:24
Well done Dan. Did all he could for 12th without the upgrades.
Ted Kravitz said that Tsunoda actually blamed the upgrades for not making it through to Q2. I haven't seen any quotes about it, but seems like they didn't quite work as intended - or as he wished, at least.

Big Gun
Big Gun

Ricciardo did well, he needs to keep out qualfying yuki. Its quiet in here when Riccardo beats Yuki?
Ricciardo could be in a race with Hulk, Albon and Alonso for 9th

search

search wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 21:06
runningmanz wrote:
Ted Kravitz said that Tsunoda actually blamed the upgrades for not making it through to Q2. I haven't seen any quotes about it, but seems like they didn't quite work as intended - or as he wished, at least.
here's something in Japanese media about it:

(gt) "From FP1 onwards, I was quite behind, but with each session I was able to close the gap to the pack... but obviously it wasn't enough. That's it."

"These things happen when you put out updates, and of course you have to try them out on the track and see if they work."

"Firstly, it seems to behave quite differently to how it felt in the simulator. And secondly, on paper it should work. If you just look at the numbers, it should be able to gain some serious lap times. But so far we're quite far from that, quite far from where we'd like to be. It's time to make sure we understand that."

"I think people had high hopes and expectations for a new update this week, but it seems like things just didn't work out."

"I hope it's not a downgrade or anything. I just didn't have enough pace, I was slipping here and there, I was limited throughout the lap. It's similar compared to him (Ricciardo), but no matter what I do I just slip... I don't know. Maybe I'm just struggling, but at the same time, it's very difficult to catch up."

https://jp.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-20 ... /10649941/

ispano6

Big Gun wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 21:12
Ricciardo did well, he needs to keep out qualfying yuki. Its quiet in here when Riccardo beats Yuki?
Yeah well if they gave Yuki a car he can work with for the FP sessions... When you're playing catch-up and the team is experimenting on your car, and the other car requires little to no changes, then you know the package isn't working. And that is exactly what Yuki said in a kind way.
Alan Permane (Racing Director)

“A decent day for us but there’s a little bit of a difference across our cars. Daniel finished the day reasonably happy with his balance, but there is still some margin to improve. It’s always difficult here in Monza, with the low downforce, when the cars have less grip in the corners and are skating about. As for Yuki, he didn’t have a great FP2 because we made an error in the set up with his car and we apologise to him for that. His Medium run was compromised and when the set-up was correct, he could not set a representative time on his Soft tyres as there was the red flag. He’s got too much oversteer, so we will work on that overnight for FP3.”

djos

search wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 21:06
runningmanz wrote:
I saw an interview with him straight after Q1 and he seemed very frustrated and despondent. He definitely was not happy with the upgraded floor (he confirmed that was the main difference)!

Why on earth have RB gone from bringing great upgrades, to completely botching them since Barcelona?

Very frustrating! :(

Ps. Daniel did a very good job with the old spec, he was only 8/10ths of the fastest Q2 time.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

ispano6 wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 23:34
Big Gun wrote:
Yeah well if they gave Yuki a car he can work with for the FP sessions... When you're playing catch-up and the team is experimenting on your car, and the other car requires little to no changes, then you know the package isn't working. And that is exactly what Yuki said in a kind way.
If RB had their act together, the new floor he was running should have been a big upgrade (Yuki says it worked well in the sim). But clearly it was a backwards step, just like the Barcelona “upgrade”.

Clearly RB have created a major correlation problem for themselves. :(
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

Big Gun wrote:
It's quiet in all the forums when Dan beats Yuki lately of which since the chassis change in China he has been on a good run overall. It's a pity often when he has been ahead the car hasn't been quite capable of points too. Hopefully points is on offer in this race though. As mentioned too though they need to start bringing upgrades that actually make a decent impact. Instead of minimal ones or scratching their heads trying to figure them out.

Wouter

Last weekend they put Yuki on a 2-stopper on a circuit where you can't overtake as the ONLY one on the grid!!! He got screwed!

This time the updates don't work, he wanted them removed after FP2 but that wasn't allowed!

Now he is the ONLY one with one used Hard and one new Medium tire while everyone else has 3 new H/M tires!!
What are they doing?! Making Yuki look worse than Ricciardo?

As always he was first at the circuit this morning.

The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Yep, Hulkenberg just plowed into Yuki and damaged his car. Won't be a comparison people.
Last edited by ispano6 on 01 Sep 2024, 15:17, edited 2 times in total.

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 15:13
Yep, Hulkenberg just plowed into Yuki and damaged his car. Won't be a comparison people.
And his start on the Hards was great. He's finished. :cry:
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Wouter wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 15:16
ispano6 wrote:
And his start on the Hards was great. :cry:
Yeah, Hulkenberg taking out his frustration from being pushed out by Ricciardo on Yuki.

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 15:17
Wouter wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 15:16
ispano6 wrote:
And his start on the Hards was great. :cry:
Yeah, Hulkenberg taking out his frustration from being pushed out by Ricciardo on Yuki.
:cry:
The Power of Dreams!

bigblue

I suppose having that race performance is one way to put an end to the Yuki vs Dani Ricc stuff :-( It's not going well at the moment.

The most frustrating aspect of Yuki’s retirement is that we lost 40 laps that would have increased our understanding of the updates we introduced here [...] will have a few days to see what lessons we can learn from this weekend, especially in terms of the update package. In fact, it was meant to come at the next round in Azerbaijan, but a big push at the factory allowed us to bring one set of parts here in Monza, which we chose to run with Yuki.

https://www.visacashapprb.com/en/2024-italian-gp-race/

runningmanz
runningmanz

Well not really the way you want the teammate battle to go for sure but the car was just slow this weekend in race trim especially. Even without the penalties including the ridiculous 10 sec one for the mechanic putting a hand on Dan's car he wasn't going to finish in the points. Really disappointing. The team need to being some decent working updates and fast before Haas overtake us in the WCC.