2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

That was a Charlie Foxtrot from beginning to end!

The stewards need to taken out the back and beaten with blunt objects, I mean WTF, that was just a first lap incident and Daniel gets a 5 second penalty! He had the Haas idiot dive bombing him on the right hand side and hulk was not even close to being along side when Daniel was taking the racing line!

And then 10 seconds for the mechanic accidentally touching his front wing, FFS, he was stopped for nearly 9 seconds as it was!

Daniel would have got points if it wasn’t for the stewards being a$$hats!

I feel sorry for Yuki, getting dive bombed by Hulk on the inside was pathetic!
"In downforce we trust"

search

even without the penalties, I think degredation was too high to score a point. During the final 20 laps, Ricciardo lost 15s to Magnussen, who was on a more or less similar strategy.

djos

I guess we’ll never know…

Now that I’ve calmed down a bit, the photo of the contact confirms Hulk didn’t have a chance in hell of making an outside move stick. The contact was Daniels rear wheel to Hulk’s front wheel.

https://apple.news/ANBX8yfSYTU26Lw1_4RJXsg

And the stewards definitely had their a$$hole hats on at Monza, Daniel got a penalty point for not seeing Hulk, Hulk got 2 for taking out Yuki (fair enough), but after the race they gave KMag 2 points for his tiny brush with Gasly that didn’t hurt either of them!

WTF!
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

Liam Lawson completes important test day for Red Bull with VCARB run scheduled

Three F1 teams are carrying out some extra testing on behalf of Pirelli this week, with Mercedes, Red Bull, and VCARB performing the duties on this occasion.

Mercedes and Red Bull are performing the duties on behalf of Pirelli, with the two teams logging the laps and putting in the miles – the tests do not allow for any development or setup work, with the cars running in previously used configurations and only using whichever tyres are laid out for them at any given moment by the tyre manufacturer.

Liam Lawson was behind the wheel of the Red Bull RB20, with George Russell carrying out testing duties on behalf of Mercedes.

While Red Bull and Mercedes return home after Tuesday, Lawson will stay on at Monza as VCARB carries out a day of Pirelli testing on Wednesday – the Kiwi driver being given plenty of opportunity to put in the miles as the prospect of a switch into an F1 cockpit with one of Red Bull’s teams remains a possibility.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/liam-laws ... test-monza

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

:o :cry:

The Power of Dreams!

Waz
Waz

search wrote:
02 Sep 2024, 15:23
even without the penalties, I think degredation was too high to score a point. During the final 20 laps, Ricciardo lost 15s to Magnussen, who was on a more or less similar strategy.

https://i.imgur.com/aNgUZwm.png
Daniel was just slow. He lost 1.4s in the second lap alone of that comparison, and by the 5th lap is 5 secs down already.

That isn't degradation, he was lapping fairly consistently, just slower.

djos

Waz wrote:
04 Sep 2024, 20:30
search wrote:

Daniel was just slow. He lost 1.4s in the second lap alone of that comparison, and by the 5th lap is 5 secs down already.

The car certainly lacked pace, but with the 15 seconds in penalties, and the undercuts that came with them, Daniel would have been fighting with Alonso and KMag for a point.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
04 Sep 2024, 23:39
Waz wrote:
search wrote:

The car certainly lacked pace, but with the 15 seconds in penalties, and the undercuts that came with them, Daniel would have been fighting with Alonso and KMag for a point.
Ricciardo (1 stop) was 25 sec slower than Alonso (2 stopper) and Magnussen (1 stop) at the end.

I don't think he could have fought for p10 with those old tires.

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9273/results

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9273 ... s/786-239/ Daniel and Alonso laptimes
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 07:36
djos wrote:
Waz wrote:

Ricciardo (1 stop) was 25 sec slower than Alonso (2 stopper) and Magnussen (1 stop) at the end.

I don't think he could have fought for p10.

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9273 ... s/786-239/ Daniel and Alonso laptimes
I’m not saying he would have beaten them, but he’d have been within 10 seconds of them.

I wonder if RB told him to turn the PU down to preserve it, because he certainly wasn’t that slow for the entire race.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 07:51
Wouter wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 07:36
djos wrote:

I don't think he could have fought for p10.

I’m not saying he would have beaten them, but he’d have been within 10 seconds of them.

I wonder if RB told him to turn the PU down to preserve it, because he certainly wasn’t that slow for the entire race.
Sorry, but if you have a difference of 10 seconds with another driver you cannot enter the fight.
To do this you have to drive 1 or 2 seconds behind someone and, as you say, you also have to be able to pass them.
And Alonso had much newer tires because of his 2 stopper. :wink:
The last 13/14 rounds Ricciardo was on average >1.3 sec slower than Alonso who had fresh tires.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

djos wrote:

He was slow the looong second stint because he had a 1 stopper and not because the PU was turned down, because it wasn't.

Why al those excuses? He drove the best he could with this strategy.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 11:53
djos wrote:

He was slow the looong second stint because he had a 1 stopper and not because the PU was turned down, because it wasn't.

I’m just speculating, I honestly have no idea if there were any additional factors, other than the car still being slow as other teams have out developed us.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 12:01
Wouter wrote:
djos wrote:

I’m just speculating, I honestly have no idea if there were any additional factors, other than the car still being slow as other teams have out developed us.
Yes, it is sad the updates this year don't work. Same as at RBR.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 12:39
djos wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 12:01
Wouter wrote:

Yes, it is sad the updates this year don't work. Same as at RBR.
Sure is. :(
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

Translated:

"Were not fast enough"

Ricciardo could have used many different excuses after his disastrous race, but only pointed to one cause:
"In the end we were not fast enough, even without the penalties," the VCARB driver told F1.com.
"We tried and I enjoyed the wheel-to-wheel race at the start, but I hit Nico in turn eight. I spoke to him after the race
and apologized to him. I thought there was enough room , but I felt the contact, so I didn't give him enough space.
It's difficult when you race hard, but the smallest margins make the difference, so I'm sorry for him."
The Power of Dreams!