2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Wouter wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 14:29
Translated:

"Were not fast enough"

Ricciardo could have used many different excuses after his disastrous race, but only pointed to one cause:
"In the end we were not fast enough, even without the penalties," the VCARB driver told F1.com.
"We tried and I enjoyed the wheel-to-wheel race at the start, but I hit Nico in turn eight. I spoke to him after the race
and apologized to him. I thought there was enough room , but I felt the contact, so I didn't give him enough space.
It's difficult when you race hard, but the smallest margins make the difference, so I'm sorry for him."
Sounds right...

I haven't read much media this week, my new job has me working some mad hours atm while I get a handle on the all things that need fixing.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 14:36
Wouter wrote:
05 Sep 2024, 14:29
Translated:

"Were not fast enough"

Ricciardo could have used many different excuses after his disastrous race, but only pointed to one cause:
"In the end we were not fast enough, even without the penalties," the VCARB driver told F1.com.
"We tried and I enjoyed the wheel-to-wheel race at the start, but I hit Nico in turn eight. I spoke to him after the race
and apologized to him. I thought there was enough room , but I felt the contact, so I didn't give him enough space.
It's difficult when you race hard, but the smallest margins make the difference, so I'm sorry for him."
Sounds right...

I haven't read much media this week, my new job has me working some mad hours atm while I get a handle on the all things that need fixing.
You don't have to be accountable. I just saw this for the first time and thought I'd share it for everyone.
Not intended as extra evidence of our previous conversation, mind you.
I'm trying to find news about Yuki and Ricciardo and about the engine problems Liam had yesterday at the Pirelli test with the VCARB01. :cry:
The Power of Dreams!

bigblue

Red Bull suspects that while multiple car upgrades throughout 2024 so far added downforce, they totally messed up the handling and balance characteristics [...] Interestingly, RB's latest upgrade - used only on Yuki Tsunoda's car at Monza - also turned out to be a flop. "Yuki was extremely unhappy with it," Marko said. "He found the car more or less undriveable".
https://www.grandprix.com/news/red-bull ... r-fix.html

djos

Are RB using the RedBull facilities yet? I can’t recall if we’d moved yet.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

Arvid Lindblad (RB junior) is driving a VCARB showrun for the first time tomorrow in Houston.

The Power of Dreams!

djos

Ouch! 😩
Yuki Tsunoda has revealed that the updates RB brought to the Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix were “not even close” to producing the lap time the team were anticipating.

RB introduced an upgrade package at Monza as it strived to return to the competitiveness that it retained earlier in the season when it was a regular points contender.

The Faenza-based squad was on a strong run when developments in Spain triggered unintended characteristics that prompted the side to abandon several new parts.

Among RB’s latest revisions was a new floor – an element several teams have endured complications with in 2024 – designed to boost downforce and manage airflow.

However, Tsunoda was bewildered as he was eliminated in Q1, and then his race unravelled on the seventh lap when he collided at Turn 1 with Haas’ Nico Hulkenberg.

But while he would miss out on the chance to complete a race distance as he retired, Tsunoda accrued enough mileage to be concerned the upgrades haven’t worked.

“I came into the weekend with high expectations with this upgrade, and it didn’t seem to work, so I hope it is not a downgrade,” the Japanese driver said.

“We just didn’t have the pace and the limitations around the lap [compared to Ricciardo] are kind of similar.

“Whatever I do is just exaggerating limitations and I just keep sliding so it sucks but it is pretty hard to catch up.

If you see the numbers [on the simulator], I should gain some lap time, but it is not even close to that and pretty far off from what we wanted for sure.
https://apple.news/AoheIFfmxMV6ebqDx4u180g
"In downforce we trust"

bigblue

On Friday, Daniel was happy with his car and finished a strong eighth fastest. As for Yuki, although the new parts were delivering the expected numbers in terms of aero downforce, the balance of the car wasn’t quite right. For Saturday’s qualifying that performance difference continued with Daniel just missing out on the cut to Q3 by a few hundredths of a second to claim 12th spot on the grid, while Yuki struggled to find pace and was 16th.
https://www.visacashapprb.com/en/2024-i ... d-debrief/

djos

bigblue wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 11:25
On Friday, Daniel was happy with his car and finished a strong eighth fastest. As for Yuki, although the new parts were delivering the expected numbers in terms of aero downforce, the balance of the car wasn’t quite right. For Saturday’s qualifying that performance difference continued with Daniel just missing out on the cut to Q3 by a few hundredths of a second to claim 12th spot on the grid, while Yuki struggled to find pace and was 16th.
https://www.visacashapprb.com/en/2024-i ... d-debrief/
That is incredibly frustrating to hear! They were doing so well bringing good upgrades until Barcelona!
"In downforce we trust"

K1Plus
K1Plus

djos wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 11:20
Ouch! 😩
Yuki Tsunoda has revealed that the updates RB brought to the Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix were “not even close” to producing the lap time the team were anticipating.

RB introduced an upgrade package at Monza as it strived to return to the competitiveness that it retained earlier in the season when it was a regular points contender.

The Faenza-based squad was on a strong run when developments in Spain triggered unintended characteristics that prompted the side to abandon several new parts.

Among RB’s latest revisions was a new floor – an element several teams have endured complications with in 2024 – designed to boost downforce and manage airflow.

However, Tsunoda was bewildered as he was eliminated in Q1, and then his race unravelled on the seventh lap when he collided at Turn 1 with Haas’ Nico Hulkenberg.

But while he would miss out on the chance to complete a race distance as he retired, Tsunoda accrued enough mileage to be concerned the upgrades haven’t worked.

“I came into the weekend with high expectations with this upgrade, and it didn’t seem to work, so I hope it is not a downgrade,” the Japanese driver said.

“We just didn’t have the pace and the limitations around the lap [compared to Ricciardo] are kind of similar.

“Whatever I do is just exaggerating limitations and I just keep sliding so it sucks but it is pretty hard to catch up.

If you see the numbers [on the simulator], I should gain some lap time, but it is not even close to that and pretty far off from what we wanted for sure.
https://apple.news/AoheIFfmxMV6ebqDx4u180g
Sounds like a correlation issue. And those aren't easy to fix, it sometimes takes at least a few months, or even a full season, to do that. Ferrari in 2018 had a streak of failed upgrades and after they took them of in Austin they stopped bringing anything significant for the last few IIRC.

djos

K1Plus wrote:
07 Sep 2024, 12:41
Sounds like a correlation issue. And those aren't easy to fix, it sometimes takes at least a few months, or even a full season, to do that. Ferrari in 2018 had a streak of failed upgrades and after they took them of in Austin they stopped bringing anything significant for the last few IIRC.
It does, painful! :(
"In downforce we trust"

search

Waz wrote:
04 Sep 2024, 20:30
search wrote:
02 Sep 2024, 15:23
even without the penalties, I think degredation was too high to score a point. During the final 20 laps, Ricciardo lost 15s to Magnussen, who was on a more or less similar strategy.

https://i.imgur.com/aNgUZwm.png
Daniel was just slow. He lost 1.4s in the second lap alone of that comparison, and by the 5th lap is 5 secs down already.

That isn't degradation, he was lapping fairly consistently, just slower.
maybe, yeah. I thought it was degradation because he was able to stay within ~5s to Magnussen those 20 laps before, before dropping back massively - but it could be down to different management as well, and Magnussen only started pushing later on.

Wouter

Arvid Lindblad:

You need to click on the video.

Last edited by Wouter on 08 Sep 2024, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wow, looking at DC’s silver hair makes me feel even older, and I’m not even 50 yet!
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Daniel is going to test the updates from Monza in Baku.

https://apple.news/AwymD4SdXNuyHHrpe4afmsg
Ricciardo, who was using the old-spec VCARB 01, wants to trial the upgrades on his car in Baku this weekend before he passes his own opinion on the alterations.

“Unless the team see some strong negatives, the plan is to still run them in Baku,” Ricciardo, who trailed home in 13th, explained post-race.

“I think sometimes what you can’t predict is on track, it might produce more load, but maybe it shifts the balance and setting up the car is trickier.

“Maybe that is what we just didn’t get quite right to exploit all of the grip, but it is hard for me to speak on.

“I want to believe it can still be good, because obviously the last one wasn’t too good for us.

“I’d like to think this one is better but obviously only Yuki has the experience with it and he was vocal about having a tough weekend, so we will see.

“It is something I would definitely like to try and give at least a session and have a feel for it before maybe saying it is not the one.”

Ricciardo has also pondered whether Monza’s unique low downforce demands and the new asphalt contributed to RB’s struggles to unlock the sweet spot on set-up.

“We obviously have reason to believe it is better, but I haven’t driven it, so I can’t say if it is better or not, but it has been tricky,” the Australian added.

“I think a combination of low downforce and a new asphalt means it is quite peaky to find the grip and put laps together.”
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!