2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2015 Monaco Grand Prix - 21-24 May

gray41 wrote:Did anyone really think Ferrari were going to be anywhere close?

Great job by Hamilton, finally got the job done.
Rosberg got a little too carried away. His car was set up to extreme and he paid the price. Very soft front tyre pressures + much forward bias. Is this the first time I ever saw a car bottom out on one side under locking?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

godlameroso

It's going to be quite sunny tomorrow although it won't be that hot, track temperature will be in the upper 30's and if that's the case it may make the super soft not so good in the race.
Saishū kōnā

gray41

So how long will the SS last in the race tomorrow, Lewis starting on his second set after doing a second flyer in Q2. Rosberg starts potentially on a set that did an extra few laps.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

SectorOne

Total silence again after Sainz pips "lil Senna".
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

gray41

SectorOne wrote:Total silence again after Sainz pips "lil Senna".
But, but he's only 17 and put in a fast lap in practice dont forget.
Lewis Hamilton #44

Shrieker

Well, there were only a couple of hundredths in it, and Carlos effed it up by missing the weighbridge and now starts from the pits...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Andres125sx

f1316 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
SiLo wrote: If the top 5 are covered by less than half a second I'll buy you a six pack of beer.
Probably not even top 3
Awesome. I'll have some sculpin ipas ;)
7 tenths for the third one, I win 8)

gray41

How many laps did Rosberg do on his Q2 set of tyres?

Was it around 5-6?
Lewis Hamilton #44

Andres125sx

Yes, Carlos doesn´t stop impressing me

Unfortunately, he´ll start from the pitlane after missing a call from fia for the weightbridge :x

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... ement.html

Mesteño

Drivers unhappy at Monaco stewarding
"The traffic we had this weekend was quite bad. It seems a little bit strange there are not more investigations going on and in free practice it was just ridiculous. In FP3 there was just no rules out there, people were going out of the pit lane on a very slow out lap, you were on a fastest lap and they tried to close the door in every single braking point."

Jenson Button concurred with Alonso's thoughts, feeling the number of out laps required to warm up the tyres is a contributing factor.

"Totally agree [with Alonso]," Button said. "It feels the worst it has been but we're going to do it unless there's a penalty. That's the problem."

Button also said the matter would be brought up with FIA race director Charlie Whiting at the next drivers' briefing.

http://en.f1i.com/news/13108-drivers-un ... rding.html

Andres125sx

How many people think Button could have been in Q3 without that yellow flag on his final attempt?

I do, McLaren look stronger each GP. Unfortunately reliability doesn´t improve at same rate, Alonso´s car stopped due to an electrical problem

mikeerfol

Andres125sx wrote:How many people think Button could have been in Q3 without that yellow flag on his final attempt?
Ι think it was eaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy(as JB said), he lost 0.5 in S1 but was only 1 tenth slower than his fastest lap when he crossed the finish line.

Andres125sx

Yes didn´t read it yet
Jenson Button wrote:“There’s always a bit of ‘shoulda woulda coulda’ in qualifying, but I would have easily been inside the top 10 today.

“On my final lap in Q2, I lost a lot of time lifting for the yellow flag at Turn One. I then gained a lot of it back - I was only a tenth off my best - but it wasn’t enough. And I think we could have had some fun in Q3, too - I think we’d have been fighting two or three cars for position.

“The car felt really good – although we still don’t have enough outright pace - but I have a lot of confidence in it, especially under braking. Today’s performance shows the progress we’re making. The team has done a fantastic job this weekend, and they should be happy because the car is getting better all the time.

“This is a nice little stepping stone for the future. Our aim tomorrow will be to score points.”

Andres125sx

btw, it looks like Mclaren lately is better on saturdays than on sundays... when on first races it was the opposite and that was more logic for a PU wich can´t be pushed hard.

Any clue about the reason now they´re more competitive in qualifying than race?

proteus

Total silence will be deserved, when Sainz will outscore the lill Senna in general standings. Right now they are equal and being faster in qualifying does not bring points. There was a bold talk everywhere how verstappen will be eaten for breakfast, but he has allready done enough to close the mouths of the speculators.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows