Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

STR6-03 as used today, and will probably be used for the rest of the test with STR6-02 being back in Faenza being fedied for Oz with STR6-01 as is STR tradition to start the season with chassis 01 and 03 with 02 being used at the unbuilt T Car.

bot6
bot6

That little upside down U shaped winglet on the crash structure lengthening the diffuser is interesting...

scuderiafan

Sauber had a similar peice last year, and Williams had one in '09. I believe it's just an exercise of the 15mm "area of freedom" along the center of the car.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

creedbratton
creedbratton

ESPImperium wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
Do i see little slots unde the gurney there??? That could aid downforce alot.
They've been there since launch.

Formula None
Formula None

volarchico
volarchico

Yikes! I guess they found the limit-life on the tires...

horse

volarchico wrote:Yikes! I guess they found the limit-life on the tires...
That's a puncture more than a delamination, surely? Look at the rip in the sidewall. If this has let go all by itself, I'm sure Pirelli will be working to prevent what looks like a nasty blow out. Imagine a KERS/ARW when one of these happens.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

volarchico
volarchico

horse wrote: That's a puncture more than a delamination, surely? Look at the rip in the sidewall. If this has let go all by itself, I'm sure Pirelli will be working to prevent what looks like a nasty blow out. Imagine a KERS/ARW when one of these happens.
OK, not an expert in the visual identification of punctures vs blow-outs...oops. :oops:

FW17

Formula None wrote:Image
The rubber over the reinforcement Kevlar is so minimal
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 10 Mar 2011, 20:02, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Removed Mclaren bashing. Do that in the Mclaren (non car) thread please. Better yet, how about you just STOP doing it.

forty-two

Does anyone know how many laps had been turned before this happened.

Granted it may well have been a puncture rather than simply wear, but nonetheless, there appears to be precious little rubber left there.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

nacho
nacho

With a typical set-up with negative camber one might expect the tire to wear oout just like that?

zgred

Hope that is acceptable offtopic for You guys.

StrFerrari4Ever

Interesting front wing, that aerial shot shows the detail better. Cheers as always zgred.

volarchico
volarchico

StrFerrari4Ever wrote:Interesting front wing, that aerial shot shows the detail better. Cheers as always zgred.
zgred, that's an awesome front wing picture with the shadows and light that way, you can really see some interesting features! Thanks...always jealous that you have such great access to get these pictures, but also happy that you share with the rest of us. :mrgreen:

horse

Triple slot end plate is unique? Must b e pushing a lot of air out to the sides.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu