Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
autogyro
autogyro

Re: Red Bull RB6

Interesting that the TV image part of the signal went down in FP1 just as the cameras began covering the RB front wing issue.
I love the way Adrian is diverting attention from the front by taking loads of pictures of flow paint on the rear wing.
Crafty lot.

WhiteBlue

Red Bull was clearly running an old style front wing
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

autogyro
autogyro

In the wet and one and two seconds of Alonso.
I agree meams nothing.
Wait till it dries out.

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

zgred wrote:Image
It's the old wing, not the one used in Hungary.

FW17

It is the same wing

aral
aral

imightbewrong wrote:
gilgen wrote:The photos showed a car running with the wing. I just said that these could not be photos fron Spa, as practice was not allowed on Thursday. Perhaps the poster should have said that the photos were from Turkey. The implication was that they were from Spa.
I finally get your confusion. I thought I made it clear that the photos that I posted were from turkey, but I can see why you got confused. I posted those photos from turkey to show that the wing was the same as the one taken from spa.
Thanks. But I do agree that, today, in practice, they appear to be using the same wing. But what is interesting is the tv shots of the suspension, looking backwards. Even in accelloration, braking or cornering, there is not a mm of movement. Compare it to the McLaren ,which is bouncing up and down quite dramatically.

zgred

raymondu999

I wonder why the camera mounts have moved back to the beak though
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FW17

zgred wrote:Image

Very steep angle of the rear wing when compared to some of the pics of the ferrari

raymondu999

What is it with Red Bull's affection for running more downforce and less top speed than everyone else?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard
Richard

raymondu999 wrote:What is it with Red Bull's affection for running more downforce and less top speed than everyone else?
They seem to be doing very well out of it

thestig84
thestig84

raymondu999 wrote:What is it with Red Bull's affection for running more downforce and less top speed than everyone else?
Im not sure that its through choice. Their car creates a lot more downforce than the others, I remember a while ago some saying just the body creates quite a bit hence more drag and slower on straights. I guess you may mean running more rear wing? They have to maintain the aero balance so may have a limit on how low they can run rear wing and maintain good balance through might speed corners.

raymondu999

Yes, but they could afford to reduce a bit of wing surely, with such a downforce-y body?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

segedunum
segedunum

gilgen wrote:But it is being reported in the German press, that RBR WILL get merc engines next year. This is partly to stop their claims for engine equalisation, but mainly due to the fact that Force India are not coming up with the cash. FI are to get Renaults.
That seems logical, and Renault will supply one other team such as Williams or Lotus or both. We shall see. I don't see why Mercedes themselves, not the race team, would want to stop it. They seem to think the team should prove themselves.

Xpensive predicted that one so at least that's another Nomex suit he won't have to eat - if true.
Further, Dennis denied that McLaren were vetoing the supply of engines to RBR.
Difficult to judge that one. It was alleged that McLaren had a veto, but I'm not sure why they would since it wasn't really up to them unless some deal was done. It would seem more logical for Mercedes to complain since their team will be competing against two teams with the same engine. The road to the front gets ever longer, but I digress.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I doubt that Red Bull will take Merc power for 2011 as Force India i feel will come up with the cash at the last minuite, as is their usual under Malya, even tho he has billions in the bank. One thing that Mercedes could do is allow Renault to do limited equaliseation, but i doubt that as well, as its either 40hp or not at all. With the Vettel thing, Mercedes would be ill advised not to get Seb under their wing, with this id expect to see their partnership with Force India get paid out from their side, it would be a cheap $10million for them ultimatly, just to get Vettel.

I doubt it untill i see more hard evedence, but im not saying its out the realms of posibility.