2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

"In the first sector I had a difficult moment at turns 1 and 2 and almost lost the car. Then I said, 'Okay, do I continue or do I stop the ride?' Because I lost like two tenths in two corners. But I didn't give up, I kept pushing for the whole lap and I set a good time."
https://formu1a.uno/it/alonso-ancora-te ... a-gp-cina/

max_speed
max_speed

I have hunch with aston he might get a championship winning car may be next year or 2026.if they want to win in 2026 they need to finish 2nd next year

Juzh

alonso q3 lap 1:34.148

https://streamable.com/jgzxt3

Alo_Fan

Great qualifying, having watched the live timing for the sprint it was clear Ferrari have quite a bit more pace, as Leclerc was significantly faster once he overtook Alonso/Sainz. I think Norris, Leclerc and Sainz will be too difficult to keep behind, but Piastri/Russell seem realistic to beat, Alonso had relatively similar pace to them in the sprint.

dialtone
dialtone

nowaysthatsreal wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 11:49

Good, hope FIA can clarify what stopping means. Clarity will help Stroll as he is most likely to do this after Sargent
There is nothing to clarify. All team principals told the FIA that the rule has always been interpreted in a way that would allow what Ferrari/Sainz did and nobody is interested in changing. Protest dismissed.

KimiRai
KimiRai

krich
krich

Sprint Race was on used mediums

1 new hard, 2 new mediums, 1 new soft for tomorrow

organic

The efficiency of the car is very impressive

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alo has 1 new set of softs, 2 new mediums and 1 new hards for tomorrow

organic

Krack seems positive ahead of the race which I haven't noticed at other times this season. Usually they downplay the race after quali but after quali this time he's a bit more confident about the deg being better. I guess that's because they've acquired relevant data and could make changes to deal with it.. though everyone has done that this time.

KimiRai
KimiRai

organic wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 22:38
Krack seems positive ahead of the race which I haven't noticed at other times this season. Usually they downplay the race after quali but after quali this time he's a bit more confident about the deg being better. I guess that's because they've acquired relevant data and could make changes to deal with it.. though everyone has done that this time.
Maybe simulations haven't said P9 for the first time this season?

diffuser

alonsofan wrote:
20 Apr 2024, 10:19
The bane of Alo's career has been that most of the time, he's always had a car 0.5s slower than the fastest car. :(

That's true for all drivers for most their careers.
Alonso ofen talks about driving from a risk perspective. To put it in more generic terms, The slower the Driver/Car/setup is, more risk the driver needs to take to keep up with the other cars. The higher the risk, lower the chance of consistant success. So when Max goes faster in his final run, it's just that the potential was there. The way Max is seting up and driving the RBR car just leaves him with more potential, means he has to take fewer risks to acheive the goal. The same could be said for Hamilton in his golden era. When Alonso doesn't go faster, it's likely cause he's trying something that is less likely to succeed(thread the needle). Just because you're braking 10 Meters close to the corner, doesn't guareentee you can still make the APEX.

Alonso said "When the car is faster than everyone else. all strategies are possible". Meaning, when it's not that fast, you're dependent on less likely scenarios.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Krack was very realistic again at Servus TV some minutes ago. He more or less said that they can not finish on the podium and have to look how many faster cars will come from behind and how many of them they can hold…

performergr
performergr

There is any chance for alo to start on softs?

MichaelxScarn
MichaelxScarn

Just read in an other forum, that Fernando’s floor is or was broken? Does anyone know anything?
Edit: Seems to be BS.