Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
zgred

Re: Red Bull RB6

raymondu999

Whoa. They've been able to duct the wing, eh? Guess that'll mix things up a bit
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

747heavy

"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

bgroovers
bgroovers

Any photos or word on bib stay modification on the redbulls to pass the new test?

I see McL have done away with stays toatally and have said theyve managed to rollin a minor upgrade.

Also notice that RB "massive power disadvantage" doesnt seem apparent...

zgred

univex
univex

According to BBC, MW tipping Vettel will be on the front row. SV running a new engine, MW is not.

Plenty of flow viz again today, new beam wing fitted overnight.

Looking at FP2 particularly yesterday, Macca were sandbagging. They did not appear to run a quali test as the fastest times set were on quite long runs.

kalinka
kalinka

bgroovers wrote: Also notice that RB "massive power disadvantage" doesnt seem apparent...

Not going to show up until a decent high downforce circuit. On low DF circuits like Monza, it's not a big disadvantage, if any.

timbo
timbo

kalinka wrote:On low DF circuits like Monza, it's not a big disadvantage, if any.
Not at 340 kph.

zgred

EL_XR6
EL_XR6

kalinka wrote:
bgroovers wrote: Also notice that RB "massive power disadvantage" doesnt seem apparent...

Not going to show up until a decent high downforce circuit. On low DF circuits like Monza, it's not a big disadvantage, if any.
I think it does show a power disadvantage. Red Bull on most occasions are down in the speed traps to both McLarens. Everyone says the RB6 naturally makes more downforce than any other car which is why they are down on speed. Well in this case, how much more downforce is Button running on his wings to be 10km/h slower down the straights than the Red Bulls? What would be interesting is comparing the speed the Red Bulls are carrying through the parabolica compared to Button, because at the start/finish line they are pretty even in terms of speed. If Buttons speed coming out of the parabolica is roughly the same as the Red Bulls, I'm going to have to say that Red Bull will be doing their easiest overtaking of the season on a straight!

kalinka
kalinka

Reading back, my post was a complete misunderstanding of what bgroovers says. When I meant

"Not going to show up until a decent high downforce circuit. On low DF circuits like Monza, it's not a big disadvantage, if any."

actually I was referring to the modyfied floor to meet new regulations. Sorry.

I agree that the RBR (and Renault ) have a little disadvantage in HP, but their result in qualy doesn't have to reflect only this fact.

timbo
timbo

kalinka wrote:I agree that the RBR (and Renault ) have a little disadvantage in HP, but their result in qualy doesn't have to reflect only this fact.
Of course.

747heavy

"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

Halgovern
Halgovern

I heard legard say on the bbc coverage that red bull marginally failed the floor test on friday night, but passed comfortably on saturday when they chacked again. I think it was about halfway through the race when he said this if I can remember.
“On the days when Hamilton’s insane alliance of guts, skill and derring-do appear capable of delivering the world it is easy to forget he is only 25, an age when it is all too common for boys to believe themselves men.”

kalinka
kalinka