2024 Williams Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jurgen von Diaz

Re: 2024 Williams Racing F1 Team

Have to criticize Vowles when he "saw potential" in Sargeant and gave him another contract, although his performance was like Latifi's. Now, Williams is paying the price big-time for Sargeant's crashes.

chrisc90

is there any news about completing another chassis or is it still good to use after the crash

diffuser

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
25 Aug 2024, 09:10
Have to criticize Vowles when he "saw potential" in Sargeant and gave him another contract, although his performance was like Latifi's. Now, Williams is paying the price big-time for Sargeant's crashes.
Why was he out there in a wet FP3 and why was he pushing so hard when the forecast for quali and the race are gonna be dry ?

Jurgen von Diaz

diffuser wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
25 Aug 2024, 09:10
Why was he out there in a wet FP3 and why was he pushing so hard when the forecast for quali and the race are gonna be dry ?
Trying to impress someone? FP3 P1 Logan Sargeant would have been his ticket to glory.

mvfad

Just as a curiosity: It was the third year in a row that Logan crashed his car at Zandvoort. He crashed in 2022 in F2, crashed in 2023, and now in 2024 again.

Mr Brooksy

mvfad wrote:
26 Aug 2024, 18:25
Just as a curiosity: It was the third year in a row that Logan crashed his car at Zandvoort. He crashed in 2022 in F2, crashed in 2023, and now in 2024 again.
Didn't realise he crashed in F2 at Zandvoort as well...

Might be time to consider another career Logan...
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

Luscion
Luscion

It appears Logan Sargeant has lost his spot at Williams effective immediately.

Williams junior Franco Colapinto may finish the season, multiple sources report. Nine races to go. The Argentine (21) drove on behalf of MP Motorsport in F2. Confirmation is expected later today.

Elite
Elite

Ruthless :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

But fair... :mrgreen:

Franco Colapinto does have some pressure though, DONT BIN IT :twisted: :twisted:

Anyway good chance for him to maybe get an Audi seat?? :!:

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

What a joke. Hopefully they pay the price for putting a mediocre rookie in the car. (And before I'm accused of favouring Mick - even though I think even him should have been better -, I would have chosen Lawson. Or even Drugovich.)

organic

Lot of better options, but Sargeant's time had come a long time ago

franbatista123

SchuMassa wrote:
27 Aug 2024, 18:22
What a joke. Hopefully they pay the price for putting a mediocre rookie in the car. (And before I'm accused of favouring Mick - even though I think even him should have been better -, I would have chosen Lawson. Or even Drugovich.)
The bigger joke is Vowles keeping Sargeant for this year after such a terrible first year, is there anyone who didn't saw this coming? Not every rookie has to be a Leclerc or a Verstappen, but he needs to show some glimpses of performance and he had none whatsoever.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

franbatista123 wrote:
27 Aug 2024, 18:28
SchuMassa wrote:
The bigger joke is Vowles keeping Sargeant for this year after such a terrible first year, is there anyone who didn't saw this coming? Not every rookie has to be a Leclerc or a Verstappen, but he needs to show some glimpses of performance and he had none whatsoever.
Logan is a pay driver. Google his uncle, who helped fund his career, Harry Sargeant III

As an American, there are plenty more talented drivers than him, but you have to pay to play. Even Albon has Thai government money behind him.

I’m going to make the hot take that only about half the grid is there for performance reasons only.

mvfad

Colapinto has potential, but he is accident/error-prone just like Sargeant.
There was no need to bring him to F1 now that there are better options (at the moment) available.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

franbatista123 wrote:
27 Aug 2024, 18:28
SchuMassa wrote:
I think it was more of Vowles keeping his options open for the 2025 lineup. Logan showed glimpses of performance, but they always got snuffed out with a mistake or a crash.

I think Williams will be happy if Logan's replacement can score a few points to secure more prize money and keeps the crashing to a minimum.

organic

According to formu1auno Lawson was the first choice but RB didn't want to let Lawson go (they wanted to reserve right for Lawson to return to the team at any point) so makes sense Williams to pivot to someone else. Apparently Schumacher, while offered by Toto, was never a real consideration for Vowles

https://formu1a.uno/it/williams-tra-law ... -i-perche/