BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
hulmerist

Re: BrawnGP

donskar wrote:I'm a big Ross Brawn fan (and wish he were still at Ferrari!)

A lot of posters here seem to be crediting him with the car's design. That's not quite correct, is it? At Ferrari, Brawn was Tech Director, with Rory Bryne their designer. Is Brawn now playing both roles, or should someone else be given some credit for the Brawn's design???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B6rg_Zander

mattclinch

hulmerist wrote:
donskar wrote:I'm a big Ross Brawn fan (and wish he were still at Ferrari!)

A lot of posters here seem to be crediting him with the car's design. That's not quite correct, is it? At Ferrari, Brawn was Tech Director, with Rory Bryne their designer. Is Brawn now playing both roles, or should someone else be given some credit for the Brawn's design???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B6rg_Zander
I have a suspicion we will be singing the praises of Jörg Zander by the end of this coming season. A new Newey?

axle
axle

No TEAM is a one man band...praise the TEAM.
- Axle

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

axle wrote:No TEAM is a one man band...praise the TEAM.
=D>

mattclinch

i clearly wasn't dismissing an entire team! simply suggesting that early indicators seem to show that this new car - designed around massive regulation changes and in turbulent team management times - looks like it will highly competative out of the box and if this turns out to be true we will be praising the man responsible for designing the car..

Shaddock

Brawn would have made the tough calls on the performance trade offs, and set the direction of the design.

donskar
donskar

Shaddock wrote:Brawn would have made the tough calls on the performance trade offs, and set the direction of the design.
Yes, THAT is the job of the tech dir, as opposed to chief designer. But strongly agree -- TEAM deserves much credit.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

enkidu
enkidu

I think Honda Racing F1 had the designers, had the ideas just had no direction....

Now they have with Ross. What a result he got though, felt like returning to a challenge and ended up owning a team!! haha

Sterl the Pearl
Sterl the Pearl

I really hope Ross Brawn let Honda keep those hideous green pants the team wore last season.
GO JENSE!

Belatti
Belatti

axle wrote:No TEAM is a one man band...praise the TEAM.
I partially agree, there were cases like Maradona in the 80s (Napoli times) where the MAN was 90% of the TEAM.
Schumacher was a 45% of Ferrari and then Brawn and Todt, the other 45%.

Like Pirelli slogan says: "power is nothing without control". Think about it this way: what is a 800HP Formula 1 car with steel wheels?

What is a bunch of very talented technicians and engineers without a head wise enough to see the whole package and tell them what to do, even if they know how to do it?

I think Honda had a previous good design, that Brawn helped make it better and that, of course, they are trying to get some sponsors... :lol: all at the same time!

Also, I think that now more than ever, with these weirds downforce map and weight distributions, peed will come through balance. Balance gives confidence to the driver. Speed with no balance is not good at all.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

andartop
andartop

I'd have to disagree in the maths. I think the whole TEAM is 100% (and that includes from Team Principal to Window Cleaner B - obviously in a different degree each) and men like Maradonna or Schumi add the extra 10% (+ respective percentage of position within team) that takes the TEAM to 110% and makes legends.. As a wise man once told me: "You might have made all the effort to study all these years, waking up at 6 every morning, but I had to wake up at 4 to drive the bus that took you to the University!!!"
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Anyone got a decent picture of this "plough" mounted before the splitter?

Timstr
Timstr

Diesel wrote:Anyone got a decent picture of this "plough" mounted before the splitter?
The best I could find.http://premium.f1-live.com/f1/photos-hi ... po_120.jpg

enkidu
enkidu

Thats crazy!! I'd love to see a close shot of that!!

DM0407
DM0407

scarbs wrote: The Flybrid system, as most here know, is a flywheel based storage system. The flywheel was to be placed inside the fuel tank area down low behind the drivers seat and driven off the front of the engine by a short driveshaft. With the Merc engine being designed for a MGU set up on the nose of the crank, conversion to a flywheel might introduce other problems into the drivetrain.

If it is connected directly to the engine wouldn't this increase the RPM as well? How would that work with a rev limit of 18k?

Wrong forum considering they are not running KERS I guess, hope its not a stupid question!