Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FrukostScones

Re: Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

just beautiful this car!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

StrFerrari4Ever

Those endplates must be working really well with the Double Floor.

Byronrhys

Is this car still in third? I remember some guy going around shouting how its in 3rd and gonna beat LRGP, McL and Merc.... is he still shouting it?

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

I think ranking this or any car in a overall position is highly negligent, as there is no possible way to know the total pecking order.

though we have seen some very promising times from the TR, the development of the Mercedes has left me uncertain of previous predictions..

However my mate and i have placed a bet, that i say that TR will beat McL for the WCC (bold call i know but thats what makes it soo exciting)
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

It will be interesting to see if TR really can live up to testing promise, or if they will be like last year's Sauber, where in testing it seemed rather clear that Sauber should have been the 2nd or 3rd fastest team.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PlatinumZealot

Byronrhys wrote:Is this car still in third? I remember some guy going around shouting how its in 3rd and gonna beat LRGP, McL and Merc.... is he still shouting it?
Yes I am. I think changes on the Mercedez might sway it a bit though. Things change, but sure it was third at the time of the tests. I still predict a regular Q3 though.

Fingers crossed. 8)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

You can watch this video at thirty minutes in:

http://smibs.tv/the-flying-lap/williams-f1-legacy

Patric Head thinks the STR6 is up there as well.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Byronrhys

n smikle wrote:You can watch this video at thirty minutes in:

http://smibs.tv/the-flying-lap/williams-f1-legacy

Patric Head thinks the STR6 is up there as well.
The Grid got shook up a whole lot after the 9th so I wouldn't look at that like its the gospel.

PlatinumZealot

This car is actually too good for Buemi and Algu right now.. too good. Can they handle it? 8)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

earlrue
earlrue

The car looks and performs great so far!
Still, I can't get the sneaking suspicion out of my head that RB is using TR as laboratory to try out parts and solutions.
Knowing that by the rules they have to be independent constructors and are not allowed to incorporate RB's technologies, those two teams are somewhat connected.
Visually they are going down different routes. But if they share data on their development parts RB is effectively a four car team, isn't it?
Don't get me wrong - I am a big fan of RB/TR and don't want to throw mean accusations out there. Anyway, that's a gut feeling that keeps me thinking...

King Six
King Six

earlrue wrote:The car looks and performs great so far!
Still, I can't get the sneaking suspicion out of my head that RB is using TR as laboratory to try out parts and solutions.
Knowing that by the rules they have to be independent constructors and are not allowed to incorporate RB's technologies, those two teams are somewhat connected.
Visually they are going down different routes. But if they share data on their development parts RB is effectively a four car team, isn't it?
Don't get me wrong - I am a big fan of RB/TR and don't want to throw mean accusations out there. Anyway, that's a gut feeling that keeps me thinking...
Of course they are. The two teams are still running under Red Bull. To say there's nothing going on between them behind the scenes, when things happen right in front of our eyes (Abu Dhabi 2010) would be extremely naive.

Credit to Toro Rosso for diverging from Red Bull and coming up with a few tricks of their own, but they're still bankrolled by Red Bull and have connections with Red Bull Racing, who themselves are currently the top team to beat in Formula One. The fact that they (Toro Rosso) have been as awful as they have up until seemingly this point (notwithstanding the odd Vettel race win with the old rules) considering their situation is the real wonder.

lolzi
lolzi

King Six wrote:
earlrue wrote:The car looks and performs great so far!
Of course they are. The two teams are still running under Red Bull. To say there's nothing going on between them behind the scenes, when things happen right in front of our eyes (Abu Dhabi 2010) would be extremely naive.

Credit to Toro Rosso for diverging from Red Bull and coming up with a few tricks of their own, but they're still bankrolled by Red Bull and have connections with Red Bull Racing, who themselves are currently the top team to beat in Formula One. The fact that they (Toro Rosso) have been as awful as they have up until seemingly this point (notwithstanding the odd Vettel race win with the old rules) considering their situation is the real wonder.
Hey, I don't remember what happened in Abu Dhabi, what was it?

raymondu999

Alguersuari held Mark Webber back, making Alonso think it was safe to pit. Ultimately winning Sebastian Vettel the world title :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

lolzi
lolzi

raymondu999 wrote:Alguersuari held Mark Webber back, making Alonso think it was safe to pit. Ultimately winning Sebastian Vettel the world title :P
And the second Alonso pitted, Webber all of a sudden got past? I think the coverage I was watching must've been sleeping! That's brilliant 8)

raymondu999

In all honestly though, I don't think the hold webber back to lure Alonso was part of the plan. But I think Algie realised he could cost himself the Christmas bonus by not letting Mark by
失败者找理由,成功者找方法