Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Mr.S
Mr.S

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

n smikle wrote:
Mr.S wrote:
n smikle wrote:He definitely had a better race pace last year and hopefully the new tyres will suit him well. I dont think he will retire at the end of this year. I hope he doesnt.
that's what the media say... but Nico has the better race pace IMO - he's just unlucky in some instances. I hope if Merc wins this year it's with NicO.
Michael has been outqualified like 16 or 17 times out of 19. That is huge. And Nico on average has started like 3-4 places above.

Michael has had more DNF,more technical & KERS-DRS issues than Nico.

No use denying the obvious,Michael's race pace has been far superior to Nico. Especially if you consider after the first 5-6 laps where Michael has had to work his way through a mess of slightly slower cars when Nico had clear track & faster cars ahead.

The stats said it all. You can look at races like Hungary where Michael hit a wet patch & struggled or was that some other race??? But you see Nico starting at 7th & MSC started at 13th & by the half way mark they are like 7th & 8th with MSC breating down Nico's neck.
I watch the races - Everytime Michael gets in front it's because Nico's team screw him up or some other unlucky thing happens, like dud tyres or somebody ramming him off the track. Michael just has more craft but he sure aint faster than Nico! lol

The reason michael can get so close to Nico is because Merc had no direct competitors until later in the year. A huge gap behind the front runners then another huge gap to the midfielders. The cars will always gravitate towards 7th and 8th.[/quote]

Well in that case I doubt what kind of races you actually WATCH.

If you wnat to say Nico is back because his team screwed up then I WANT examples. Tell me which races.

Just like that I can give you multiple examples where Nico's race pace was Below Average & MSC did exceedingly well.

India -> No let-downs from the team. Michael conserved his tyres,overtook multiple cars & from 13th became 5th while Nico could not hold off,his race pace was slow in the begining & then his tyres gave away.

Spa -> You can argue about the safety car & Michael's newer tyres but Nico race pace was off.

China -> Michael started was back on the grid & THIS WAS NICO's best race. Great race by Ros but an analysis will show that after overtaking all the cars MSC's race pace was almost on par with Nico.

Montreal -> The master of the wet strikes

Hungary -> Crap race from Nico,let a 20 second odd gap from MSC go through & MSC was breathing on his neck & hit a wet patch. NO BS screw-up from the team.

As a matter of fact I cant remember 1 single race where Nico has been let down. Nico has probably been the luckiest of all drivers. He crashed his car & it was repaired in time for Monaco. He was first to pit in Canada in the wet while MSC had to loose huge time running ond dry tyres.

The examples go on. Michael had more KERS & DRS failures. More accidents,worse Qualifying perforamances. Nico's race pace has been quite average in compared to his BRILLIANT QUALY performances.

The only race where Nico on merit beat MSC on race pace was Abu Dhabhi

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

siskue2005 wrote:Now can we stop this bashing and hatred please and back to topic....before this thread turns into something like we see in autospot forums
While I agree it is not the positive 'spin' of the previous posts, it is neither hatred or off the topic of the last posts. It does represent an opinion just as valid as all the hopeful and positive spin being stated by others.

Brian

JohnsonsEvilTwin

FrukostScones wrote:
xpensive wrote:Believe this or not, but I promise to pay JET a roundtrip to the Austin GP, in case AMG wins a race before midsommer.

And I will be a happy man to do it.
that is awesomely crazy man. 7 races of pure thrill for JET.
(if this bet is for real what I expect!)

Put me down for that X!!!! Although I think your money is safe if I'm honest. There is a bit of me that thinks Mercedes are onto something though.
Only 10 days before we see this W03 beastie..... :D

And yes, Frukost...lets hope we have 7 absolute washout races...give the Mercs a chance against those bloody bulls...
Last edited by JohnsonsEvilTwin on 12 Feb 2012, 00:14, edited 2 times in total.
More could have been done.
David Purley

The_Truth
The_Truth

From a guy of Autosport´s forum.
Michael: Five DNF
1) Australian Grand Prix. He was driving at P20
2) Monaco Grand Prix. He was driving at P14
3) Hugarian Grand Prix. He was driving at P8
4) Singapore Grand Prix. He was driving at P9
5) Korean Grand Prix. He was driving at P12

Nico: Two DNF
1) Australian Grand Prix. He was driving at P8
2) Italian Grand Prix. He was driving at P9

marcush.
marcush.

x has to open his wallet methinks.Michael will win one of the first three races ,that´s my bet.unfortunatelly my pockets are not deep enough to match x offer. :mrgreen: maybe i´d better start thinking aout shipbuilding in norway?

clipsy1H

so tomorrow schumi show his car!? maybe this year will be a competitive car (fighting for top3-5) ....

motobaleno

Mr.S wrote:
Wether you like it or not,Mercedes is an AUTOMOBILE giant with their own technicians,KERS & Engine which are all TOP quality & they will always have an advantage over non-factory teams.
Toyota was a much bigger giant...and, like mercedes, always arrived far behind top teams at the flag...

clipsy1H

motobaleno wrote:
Mr.S wrote:
Wether you like it or not,Mercedes is an AUTOMOBILE giant with their own technicians,KERS & Engine which are all TOP quality & they will always have an advantage over non-factory teams.
Toyota was a much bigger giant...and, like mercedes, always arrived far behind top teams at the flag...
so what? TATA MOTORS another giant.... Mercedes = quality Toyota = ****

not compare the Mercedes with Toyota

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

clipsy1H wrote:
motobaleno wrote:
Mr.S wrote:
so what? TATA MOTORS another giant.... Mercedes = quality Toyota = ****

not compare the Mercedes with Toyota
MGP had the advantage of an engine and KERS system already built for them will full knowledge of it and the means to tailor it to their needs fully. After than it's all about money. For expample, RBR.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

clipsy1H wrote:so tomorrow schumi show his car!? maybe this year will be a competitive car (fighting for top3-5) ....
Says who? :shock:

xpensive
xpensive

The reason for Charlie Whiting's presence at Jerez was to inspect MGP/AMG's mercury hydraulics,
which has now passed all legal scrutiny, why Ron is going bananas about it.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

MIKEY_!

Ha ha awesome! I'm so glad MGP haven't been wasting their time on it's development.

spadeflush

have a source for that? Thats great if its true.Maybe there was some real newly found pace in the W02 brought at Jerez with the FW F-Duct and the mercury system.
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

Mr.S
Mr.S

xpensive wrote:The reason for Charlie Whiting's presence at Jerez was to inspect MGP/AMG's mercury hydraulics,
which has now passed all legal scrutiny, why Ron is going bananas about it.
Source??? Your optimistic attitude is more bearable than you burying MGP last year.

clipsy1H

Ganxxta wrote:
clipsy1H wrote:so tomorrow schumi show his car!? maybe this year will be a competitive car (fighting for top3-5) ....
Says who? :shock:
i cant remember where i read a interview with Haug and he say 12 or 13 february. or mb was a fake interview ? ffs
Last edited by clipsy1H on 12 Feb 2012, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.