Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
MIKEY_!

Re: Mercedes GP W02

Mr.S wrote:
MIKEY_! wrote:RBR have a normal sized front but their extra length comes from the rear, works for them i guess.
Yea that is what I want to know. How much would a longer sized rear & different maybe slightly lower sidepods will give?

How much is for the SWB & how much because the car is a DUD,oops with Renault's performance is very slow speed tracks we have got a new definition of a odg of a car from a major team.
RBR's sidepods aren't actually that much shorter than everyone else's but because of the extra rear length there is more space for clean air to reach the beam wing and top of the diffuser. (thats my take on things)

raymondu999

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

More Monza underfloor footage:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYLCwyKIA2A[/youtube]
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

aral
aral

raymondu999 wrote:More Monza underfloor footage:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYLCwyKIA2A[/youtube]
Plenty of grass and tarmac, but, underfloor footage??

raymondu999

It was shooting the underside of the floor for the first 12 seconds
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SiLo

The underside looks very much like most of the other cars on the grid. It's the top of the diffuser thats most interesting I feel.
Felipe Baby!

JohnsonsEvilTwin

SiLo wrote:The underside looks very much like most of the other cars on the grid. It's the top of the diffuser thats most interesting I feel.
Can others implement this idea easily?
More could have been done.
David Purley

aleks_ader

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
SiLo wrote:The underside looks very much like most of the other cars on the grid. It's the top of the diffuser thats most interesting I feel.
Can others implement this idea easily?
No! Beacause the trick is in small tiny details!I think Red Bull is very superior in balance of the car...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Richard
Richard

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Can others implement this idea easily?
It must be depressing for the other teams to see such simplicity. If there was something fiendishly complicated they'd have an excuse for their own poor performance.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Random aside. I'd noticed on the RB7 that they seem to turn their entire front suspension slightly when the wheels are turned, is this an optical illusion, is it something that other teams are doing?

siskue2005

beelsebob wrote:Random aside. I'd noticed on the RB7 that they seem to turn their entire front suspension slightly when the wheels are turned, is this an optical illusion, is it something that other teams are doing?
roll? OR

beelsebob
beelsebob

siskue2005 wrote:
beelsebob wrote:Random aside. I'd noticed on the RB7 that they seem to turn their entire front suspension slightly when the wheels are turned, is this an optical illusion, is it something that other teams are doing?
roll? OR
No, yaw, I'll see if I can dig up a video that shows it reasonably clearly.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Scratch that, I think I get what siskue meant – that it's the car rolling and making it seem like the suspension is in yaw. A few videos later convinced me that indeed it's one side of the suspension compressing more than the other.

aral
aral

beelsebob wrote:Scratch that, I think I get what siskue meant – that it's the car rolling and making it seem like the suspension is in yaw. A few videos later convinced me that indeed it's one side of the suspension compressing more than the other.
Ackermann?

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

they could be running high castor
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

timbo
timbo

DRS through R130...