F1 2016 pre-season testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FLuidd
FLuidd

Re: F1 2016 pre-season testing

The Mercedes still looks more like a championship winner.

Look at the rear spoiler , look at the front suspension and look at the shape of the front wing , they look more refined , they look more simple , yet more sophisticated than the Ferrari.

I strongly believe Mercedes will stomp the competition yet another year.

GoranF1
GoranF1

https://youtu.be/bEDQ6mRKz70

Ted's nonsense notebook.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Kalsi
Kalsi

FLuidd wrote:
The Mercedes still looks more like a championship winner.

Look at the rear spoiler , look at the front suspension and look at the shape of the front wing , they look more refined , they look more simple , yet more sophisticated than the Ferrari.

I strongly believe Mercedes will stomp the competition yet another year.
You must be some sort of magician if you can say that just by looking at cars pictures
Ferrari is using old wings and looks way more shrunk at the very rear ... if they will be able to solve their PU reliability at full power with the help of Shell i think they can game on....
And let me mention that Toro Rosso and Mclaren... wow!! The championship is going to be a lot tighter in the back too

Rikhart
Rikhart

Speed trap data anywhere? Would be interesting.

djos

Rikhart wrote:Speed trap data anywhere? Would be interesting.
Tbh it would be fairly pointless at this stage of testing.
"In downforce we trust"

giantfan10
giantfan10

GoranF1 wrote:https://youtu.be/bEDQ6mRKz70

Ted's nonsense notebook.
its started out with nonsense talking about mercedes innovation...? really Torro Rosso ran that type of airbox last year and mercedes copied it along with the cutouts in the floor ahead of the rear wheels.

PlatinumZealot

Hmm, it's only the first day and they say it is only testing but I usually go by driver interviews to get a sense of the pecking order. It's interesting the words of Vettel and Hamilton. Hamilton had happy words, very specific about the improvments in the new car. But Vettel, his words sound a bit subdued. He didn't really praise the car in any meaningful way he just said there is a lot of work agead.. It is as if he knows the battle is lost even before it has started...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

giantfan10
giantfan10

PlatinumZealot wrote:Hmm, it's only the first day and they say it is only testing but I usually go by driver interviews to get a sense of the pecking order. It's interesting the words of Vettel and Hamilton. Hamilton had happy words, very specific about the improvments in the new car. But Vettel, his words sound a bit subdued. He didn't really praise the car in any meaningful way he just said there is a lot of work agead.. It is as if he knows the battle is lost even before it starts!
LMFAO you're kidding right?
"We ran pretty thorough programs to exactly pinpoint where we’ve been lacking performance - and I would say we’ve improved pretty much everywhere."What I can say is that we are fairly happy with the car"
pretty matter of fact to me ...
we all know the script .. the minute hamilton gets beaten on track his car will develop mysterious handling problems :lol:
based on Grosjeans interview the Haas car should lap the entire field twice!!
Last edited by giantfan10 on 23 Feb 2016, 05:31, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckjr

Can someone explain why the hell people are making season predictions after only one day of winter testing? Good gracious. Some of the people making predictions should know better! Smh.
Watching F1 since 1986.

giantfan10
giantfan10

Chuckjr wrote:Can someone explain why the hell people are making season predictions after only one day of winter testing? Good gracious. Some of the people making predictions should know better! Smh.
i dont know maybe they are happy that the bulletproof merc of 2015 ran 150+ laps in 2016 even though the car was less reliable than the lowly Ferrari last year when they also ran 150+ laps on the first day of testing.
2015 Ferrari 1 mechanical DNF... 2015 Mercedes 2 mechanical DNFs go figure lol ... i am being facetious fyi

Powy
Powy

Vasconia

Chuckjr wrote:Can someone explain why the hell people are making season predictions after only one day of winter testing? Good gracious. Some of the people making predictions should know better! Smh.
All we can say is that the Mercedes looks amazing, I mean they are fast and realiable. McLaren looks better(that was easy) and we cannot say a lot about the rest...

Vasconia

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Postmoe wrote: Because stints have always counted in testing, whereas fastest lap have traditionally been more marginal to performance during the season.
Yes, and I am sure that they know if they are close to Mercedes or not. Teams dont say the truth but they know if they have done a good job from the very first day.

wickedz50
wickedz50

Vasconia wrote:
Postmoe wrote: Because stints have always counted in testing, whereas fastest lap have traditionally been more marginal to performance during the season.
Yes, and I am sure that they know if they are close to Mercedes or not. Teams dont say the truth but they know if they have done a good job from the very first day.
Need an insider from Ferrari camp to throw some light on this thought. I recon Ferrari camp is a bit skeptical at the moment. They have a beast for sure but the beast is still not under full control. It will be a gradual tuning I guess throughout the season. Today Kimi has to better the number of laps put in by Vettel yesterday without any glitch.

Vasconia

wickedz50 wrote: Need an insider from Ferrari camp to throw some light on this thought. I recon Ferrari camp is a bit skeptical at the moment. They have a beast for sure but the beast is still not under full control. It will be a gradual tuning I guess throughout the season. Today Kimi has to better the number of laps put in by Vettel yesterday without any glitch.
Yes, they need more running. The have taken more risks with this car(which is what they should do) so they will need more time.

But it must be quite depressing for the rest of the field to see how easy makes the new Mercedes its work.