2024 Spanish Grand Prix - Barcelona-Catalunya, June 21 - 23

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
sport777
sport777

Re: 2024 Spanish Grand Prix - Barcelona-Catalunya, June 21 - 23

Both Verstappen and Norris got a slipstream on the main straight, which gave probably 1 tenth each, Mercedes was surprised by the well-balanced car

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Lando Onewins gets another pole. Forget Leclerc. He is the man to take it to Max this year. F1 is alive and well. Beautiful to see.

Spacepace

Norris did nail that lap from the onboard. Nothing out of place

PlatinumZealot

Yeah the sport is back.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

atanatizante

Top speeds after Q3:

RUS, VER, and HAM all had a tow in their last lap in Q3, previously they only did 324kph
LEC, SAI were always at 327kph and NOR at 325kph

"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Tomorrow’s race if the starting order is intact after lap 1:

Verstappen eases past Norris after max 5 laps and controls the race from there.

Russell overpushing in the first 5 laps behind Hamilton and asks the team to let him by, only for his tyres to drop off massively after a few more laps.

Hamilton extends the first stint behind Norris, comes back with a tyre offset in the closing laps, almost passing Norris for second but just falls short.

Ferrari hovering about in no man’s land behind the top 4, lacking a tenth or two in race pace.

sport777
sport777

atanatizante wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 17:20
Top speeds after Q3:

RUS, VER, and HAM all had a tow in their last lap in Q3, previously they only did 324kph
LEC, SAI were always at 327kph and NOR at 325kph

https://postimg.cc/G86GV9zJ
https://postimages.org/
No, Mercedes didn't have slipstream, Verstappen and Norris did

Juzh

Norris did a great lap, but that mclaren is at least on par with RB, if not better in Q3 trim (more likely). It's verstappen that's making RB look like its got business being so high up. People that say norris is faster than Max while having measly 2 pole positions and basically always choking apart from a few times are making me laugh. I know Perez is washed but this weekend Verstappen has ~0.7s on him which is even much more than usual. Verstappen in mclaren would dominate easily this Q session.

Tomorrow we will have a race on our hands because i dont think norris has the legs in race trim. RB is slow af on straights , but mega in final sector which allows you to close up before DRS. It'll be interesting.

Stu

Fantasy qualifying! Really very open as to who was going to get it. I wonder where Piastri would have ended up?
Very, very good pace through to qualifying for Mercedes.
Race result is going to hinge on strategy, there will be about 5-10 laps which will determine the result.
Can’t wait.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Luscion
Luscion

Zak Brown just confirmed Norris did get a tow, Ant just went through the replays as well, Max got one from Perez, Lando from Ocon

sport777
sport777

Juzh wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 17:23
Norris did a great lap, but that mclaren is at least on par with RB, if not better in Q3 trim (more likely). It's verstappen that's making RB look like its got business being so high up. People that say norris is faster than Max while having measly 2 pole positions and basically always choking apart from a few times are making me laugh. I know Perez is washed but this weekend Verstappen has ~0.7s on him which is even much more than usual. Verstappen in mclaren would dominate easily this Q session.

Tomorrow we will have a race on our hands because i dont think norris has the legs in race trim. RB is slow af on straights , but mega in final sector which allows you to close up before DRS. It'll be interesting.
I don’t know, I was more surprised by Mercedes, they haven’t had a really big upgrade package yet, the diffuser is quite simple compared to others, I think they can improve

organic

Stu wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 17:25
Fantasy qualifying! Really very open as to who was going to get it. I wonder where Piastri would have ended up?
Very, very good pace through to qualifying for Mercedes.
Race result is going to hinge on strategy, there will be about 5-10 laps which will determine the result.
Can’t wait.
The lap during which he went into the gravel would only have been good enough for p7-p8 region
Last edited by organic on 22 Jun 2024, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

Logie
Logie

Good quali, crazy times by Ver and Nor. Hope this race is as good, RB we know quality on its tires not sure how Mcl holds up?

Aesop
Aesop

Logie wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 17:27
Good quali, crazy times by Ver and Nor. Hope this race is as good, RB we know quality on its tires not sure how Mcl holds up?
Probably on par if not better than the Bulls, i think. Norris had the best deg of all last couple of races. I expect a close fight again tomorrow. With rain spicing things up. Dare i say Norris is the favorite? Having that win under his belt gives him so much more credibility.
Great to see four teams in the mix!

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Aesop wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 17:34
Logie wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 17:27
Probably on par if not better than the Bulls, i think. Norris had the best deg of all last couple of races. I expect a close fight again tomorrow. With rain spicing things up. Dare i say Norris is the favorite? Having that win under his belt gives him so much more credibility.
Great to see four teams in the mix!
Norris will challenge Max tomorrow even if he loses the start. Theres no doubt in my mind. His tire management is so good. We may see a repeat if Imola.