BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Afterburner

Re: BrawnGP

I just cannot believe how this car would be if he was designed around mercedes engine earlier and also tested the same time the others, it has been quite a long since a team surprised me so much in testing.

djos

Timstr wrote:
Diesel wrote:Anyone got a decent picture of this "plough" mounted before the splitter?
The best I could find.http://premium.f1-live.com/f1/photos-hi ... po_120.jpg

Has anyone else noticed that (from all angles) the exhausts appear to be pointing directly at the rear wing elements rather than underneath them?

I wonder what the pro's & con's of doing this are?
"In downforce we trust"

alexbarwell
alexbarwell

Can't be any worse than one of the early toyotas on a panasonic trade stand - the exhaust was blowing directly (from about 2 inches away)across the upper wishbone. I know carbon fibre is meant to handle a bit of heat in these cars, but I think this was tempting fate
I am an engineer, not a conceptualist :)

CHT
CHT

c
andartop wrote:I'd have to disagree in the maths. I think the whole TEAM is 100% (and that includes from Team Principal to Window Cleaner B - obviously in a different degree each) and men like Maradonna or Schumi add the extra 10% (+ respective percentage of position within team) that takes the TEAM to 110% and makes legends.. As a wise man once told me: "You might have made all the effort to study all these years, waking up at 6 every morning, but I had to wake up at 4 to drive the bus that took you to the University!!!"
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. And the weakest link for Honda was the lack of strong leader and race strategist, and the made the right decision to get ross brawn.

However without the backing of Honda, Brawn GP weakest link now is $$.

Stephen Luckins
Stephen Luckins

The question we need to ask is why the BrawnGP appears to be so fast????
What have they done right, and McLaren with the same engine (I assume) have done so wrong???
It must come down to more than exhaust positioning!!!
I am glad to see Brawn doing well in testing, but in Melbourne the testing stops...I hope that they do well.

jamsbong
jamsbong

Impressive that Button manage to top day3 lap times not by a mere 100th of seconds but by a full second. I suppose other teams maybe putting on reserves. Nevertheless, this is a good talking point for a team actively seeking capital/sponsorship.

I'm quite sure that they must be putting up a show for potential sponsors. I mean they already got today's headlines.

Looks like this may build up to be the most exciting year in F1 yet.

enkidu
enkidu

Has anyone actually looked at last years lap times???

Here they are, Kimi got a 1:20.784 in Q2 qualifying 2008 with 19k rpm and better aero.

Button got a 1:19:1 in 2009 spec cars with 50% less downforce with an 18k rpm limited car and of course slicks.

I thought F1 would be so slow this year but its actually better!!

freedom_honda

http://www.oddschecker.com/motor-sport/ ... ampionship

too bad i aint old enough to gamble. otherwise Jenson's odds sounds like a good bet for me.

EDIT: In fact Brawn GP winning the Constructor championship looks pretty good as well.
Last edited by freedom_honda on 12 Mar 2009, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

freedom_honda

enkidu wrote:Has anyone actually looked at last years lap times???

Here they are, Kimi got a 1:20.784 in Q2 qualifying 2008 with 19k rpm and better aero.

Button got a 1:19:1 in 2009 spec cars with 50% less downforce with an 18k rpm limited car and of course slicks.

ive read it somewhere saying BGP managed to keep 80% of their downforce.

cba_
cba_

But did they have any DF in 2008? :lol:

freedom_honda

"If it stays like this, Brawn GP will be all by themselves at the front in Melbourne," Sebastian Vettel marvelled to Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.

As a fan of the team, i can't be any happier :D
cba_ wrote:But did they have any DF in 2008? :lol:
haha

BGPfan
BGPfan

freedom_honda wrote:
enkidu wrote:Has anyone actually looked at last years lap times???

ive read it somewhere saying BGP managed to keep 80% of their downforce.

It would be more representative to look at each sector time to see where the lap time has come from. Sector 3 will be much faster with slicks, and even though the engine power is reduced by the a lower rev limit, the lower downforce will provide a lower drag, so the straight line performance (sector 1) could even be improved. I think sector 2 is the bit that needs the downforce on this track.

Henning
Henning

Has anyone else noticed, they are running the rear wing elements at the steepest angle possible given their current positioning holes. You may need to look at the original image to see them (much larger than the forum displays) : http://premium.f1-live.com/f1/photos-hi ... po_120.jpg

spaman

freedom_honda wrote:http://www.oddschecker.com/motor-sport/ ... ampionship

too bad i aint old enough to gamble. otherwise Jenson's odds sounds like a good bet for me.

EDIT: In fact Brawn GP winning the Constructor championship looks pretty good as well.
At mybet.com the bet on Button is 1:81 :shock: ; I couldn´t resist and placed some money on him. Strange thing about this site. They have Grosjean listed, don´t have Barrichello or BRawn GP listed.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Look at the slits on the wing mirror mounts, they must be acting like mini wings of sorts.