Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Mercedes GP W02

Anyone has noticed it doesnt got any sidepod panels?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

volarchico
volarchico

wesley123 wrote:Anyone has noticed it doesnt got any sidepod panels?
Yep, mith and Byronrhys mentioned it on the previous page.

FrukostScones

If the W02 presented on tuesday will look like the car on the picture I will win the 50 Euro!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

djones
djones

Told you it was a rendering.

This TF people keep mentioning. What is it?

The last Toyota before they pulled out or something??

Timstr
Timstr

FrukostScones wrote:If the W02 presented on tuesday will look like the car on the picture I will win the 50 Euro!
I'm surprised you're not demanding your 50 euro now. The car IS an image of the W02, made available by Mercedes GP.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

djones wrote:Told you it was a rendering.

This TF people keep mentioning. What is it?

The last Toyota before they pulled out or something??
It was the unraced car they made for 2010.

It was revealed to to a few magazines afterwards with detailed images.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

djones
djones

Ok, just found a pic of of that TF110 and its nose is like perfectly identical, even the bits furhter up.

So either Mercedes copied an old design that was never proven in desperation or have photshopped it on this rendering as a bit of a laugh. Either is possible given if anything you would have copied the RB car.

NewtonMeter
NewtonMeter

I just shat my pants...

I thinks it looks awesome! Combine the side profile from the second teaser with the front shot, and you will see there's a lot more to it than a T110 (or whatever it's called).

We are looking at sleek shark (I enjoy imagining it biting a McLaren in the ass). Something I hope that statement doesn't do to me. :oops:

I have got a very good feeling about it. The sides of the nose does look very flat though, would be my only beef. Not saying it won't be fast because of it. It's just not easthetically pleasing...but hey, if it goes fast, I'm very sure it'll grow on me. :D

But but but. As nice as this shot may be, it doesn't really reveal much. The test for me will be the rear. You know how the test of a good restaurant is how they make their eggs? The test of a designer is how he/she designs the rear. Nothing scientific here, just intuition.

I can't wait!
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

myurr
myurr

volarchico wrote:So the TF110 would have had this nose last year. I'm starting to wonder why the teams didn't adopt the platypus last year with an even larger diffuser to feed?

And who won the bet? It's the actual W02 design, but a computer rendering of it...
I think it's actually a hand drawn vector rendering - there are a couple of giveaways in the ultra hi-res image, for example the 2d pattern inside the airbox and how the aera around the hole in the tip of the nose doesn't quite join the rest of the car 100% perfectly. Otherwise it's a very high quality drawing / composite.

raymondu999

Anyone notice why it seems that the cascade is now part of the endfence? And those brake ducts look like exact copies of its sidepods :shock:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

csponton
csponton

Mercedes GP MW02

Rumors circulating the first and the first drafts of the new Mercedes Rosberg and Schumacher. This picture was published this morning of the Bild newspaper in Germany.

The car will be presented Feb. 1 at Valencia, but already this shot you can see that the nose of the MGP W02 is very high and very much reminds Tototo the nose of the TF110, which had been designed to compete in the 2010 season but has never fallen in track due to the withdrawal of the Japan team. The pods are very voluminous and very curve. The paint, as you can see, is still the classic of the silver Mercedes.

Brawn, always by the Bild interview, admitted that the version we will see that since Feb. 1 in Valencia will be an intermediate version, as is expected by the third or the fourth race at most a remarkable evolution of the car. KERS will be the strong point made by Mercedes to be very compact and lightweight and can not therefore affect the balance of the car.

Predator

Jesus Christ. Do some of you posting the same thing over and over actually READ the thread? We've seen the photos already.

King Six
King Six

Nothing interesting from the front, it could have a nice rear end like the Ferrari, though. That airbox does seem abit big. Pyramid of Giza up in that

The car seemed better in that other teaser they had before. Let's wait for the proper release.

Tamburello
Tamburello

The nose is very RB6 like. But then last years Merc's nose was very RB5 like, more than any other car on the grid.

marcush.
marcush.

the pictures released seem not to show the same cars really at least to my eyes .
especially the nose seems to be very different and the wing endplates have notthing in common...
In frontal view the Airbox /Rolloverstructure seems to be unbelievably fat ....
I think we have not seensomething like this for years ..Teams have gone at pains to slim down airboxes and now this thing is almost as wide as the sideprotection of the headrest ...just compare to the Toyota TF110 in that area....this is one fat lady..
Last edited by marcush. on 30 Jan 2011, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.