2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cs98
Cs98

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Dunlay wrote:
19 May 2024, 18:12
Cs98 wrote:
19 May 2024, 17:41
Max's win % is now higher than Hamilton's and the highest of any driver in the modern era. 3,25 years was all it took to rise to the top.
It's incredible! But does those numbers really mean something? At some point, Max won't have a dominant car or even a car on par with the other leading car(s) and his numbers would go down like they have for Lewis in the last 3 years, unless he retires instead of driving such cars. Reliability of the cars while being dominant and longer seasons is the primary reason for such quick rise in numbers. To his credit, he has shown stellar consistency of making good use of the equipment. There will always be someone that breaks those records.
It means you win, a lot. So if winning matters to you then that number should matter. As for where it will be when it's all said and done, no idea. All I know is that the rise has been rapid, and it will probably continue to rise for the foreseeable future.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Vanja #66 wrote:
19 May 2024, 17:44
Silent Storm wrote:
19 May 2024, 17:24
That's bait... :D

Come on Vanja, let us enjoy this one... It was close near the end.
Sorry mate, just reacting to what I read. Even before the 2024 season began people were writing nonsense about Red Bulls chances and how this will be a different season from 2023 and others will be stronger etc.

Red Bull, with Horner at the helm, are the best team on the grid. Period. Since 2009 they always had at least (joint) 2nd best chassis on the grid and only Renault PU limited their capabilities after 2013. That kind of team is literally not capable of allowing others to overtake them in development and at the moment obviously no one has. McLaren may be close after Miami, but they haven't cracked RB20.

Just because RB is smart to have Checco and be able to focus on Max and his chances, does not mean Max is doing some special magic job with the car and pushing it over what the car is capable of. Checco is simply not a Tier 1 driver by any measure
No worries mate... I can understand where you're coming from but it's part and parcel of the sport even on a technical forum.

I agree Redbull are smart with having Checo, it's something Hamilton has enjoyed with Bottas, Michael with Barichello and I'm sure Charles fans would love that as well, it's just logical.

But I would say one thing... Someone with your knowledge and rational thinking getting into these driver ying yang is unnecessary. I remember Ben (Bhall) getting into it with andres125sx and it just doesn't look good. It rubs people off the wrong way rather than getting them back on line to be more factual, and maybe it's twisted more by your fans :lol:

It just ends up looking as you downplaying Verstappen's efforts and I know that's not the case.
People are gonna say Max is God and some would say he is slowest on the grid. If an expert gets into such discussions how different are you from them?
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

Sergej
Sergej

they need to understand why performance went away as the stint on hard proceeded on, Max mentioned that tyres lost temperature, I think something similar happened in the final stages of Jeddah GP (at a smaller extent of course), otherwise the performance on medium tyres was good

I think also that it was a mistake not to run the hard tyres in free practice, they came on sunday with no knowledge about them and that backfired them at the end of the stint

finally, this is the third GP out of seven where they come to the track with a sucking setup (Australia, Miami, Imola), of course they are best in turning things around over night but still I think this prevent them from reaching the maximum potential of the car, true that in Australia and Miami Max maybe would have won anyway without the brake show and the SC, but now that other teams are getting close, nailing the setup from the get go will be crucial

things to improve...

Emag
Emag

I understand being a fan of a specific driver + team combination, but to be honest, objectively speaking there's a handful of drivers which are clearly a cut above the rest and no matter how much people wish for their "favorite" driver to be better, that won't always be the case since there is a skill delta involved between some of them and the car is not making the gap, rather just extending it.

Max is a generational talent and you can put in a few in that list. Charles has impressive raw speed, but in my opinion, he only recently has strengthened his consistency enough to be up there. Lewis of course has proved himself a number of occasions. Fernando on his prime was just a pure joy to watch. Lando is a bit tough to read, but he has definitely shown great pace with the cars he has had under him. I do think he might still not be at the highest tier yet. Perhaps a bit more racing at the sharp end of the field will trigger a bit more pace/consistency out of him.

When it comes to Max, he is just very aggressive and when he first started, you combine that aggressiveness with teenage hormones, you get inconsistency and erratic behavior. So naturally, people were very critical back then and I feel like some of those feelings have extended into the new decade for some people. However, the last couple of years he has matured as a person and as a driver, and its honestly impossible to discount his performances from a pure objective point of view. Ever since the second half of 2018 and beyond, he has been absolute top tier. He still remains very aggressive but I don't see a problem with that. As long as it's fair between the field and one driver doesn't get preferential treatment over the other, the way Max races is amazing for me as a spectator.

I remember back in Silverstone 2019, Charles started to be more aggressive himself after the Austria "debacle" and we had some amazing racing between them for a lap or two. Just a shame we haven't had the chance to witness many battles for the win these past 2 years or so, but at least it's looking like that's about to change this year.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Vanja #66 wrote:
19 May 2024, 18:57
Silent Storm wrote:
19 May 2024, 18:37
But I would say one thing... Someone with your knowledge and rational thinking getting into these driver ying yang is unnecessary. I remember Ben (Bhall) getting into it with andres125sx and it just doesn't look good. It rubs people off the wrong way rather then getting them back on line to be more factual, and maybe it's twisted more by your fans :lol:

It just ends up looking as you downplaying Verstappen's efforts and I know that's not the case.
People are gonna say Max is God and some would say he is slowest on the grid. If an expert gets into such discussions how different are you from them?
I'm not an expert on this forum, I have some experience with race car aero I'm happy with and I'm even happier figuring out these cars with other members :) I'm always happy to reply to anyone and share what I know to others, just as I've learned a lot from this place 10+ years ago

I certainly didn't start any ying-yang and provocative posts on threads of other teams (not something I can say for certain Max fans) and all I'm doing is sharing my own view of the relative strength of RB20 in the appropriate thread. If people don't like reading other people's well-argumented opinions that contradict their own, I consider that their personal problem :)
Fair enough... And ofcourse it is your privilege to speak your mind but "not an expert" come on now :lol:

Maybe I'm out of touch with what other Max fans have said or done so I'll leave it at that...

Looking forward to your analysis on future updates on RB20.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

LM10
LM10

Xyz22 wrote:
19 May 2024, 18:19
Still the fastest car on mediums today.

The base is just in another planet compared to the competition.
This is a complete exaggeration. It is the fastest car, but absolutely not on another planet (anymore).

DDopey
DDopey

How do you measure where or when it is the car or driver ? Nonsense discussions.

avantman
avantman

Rinde wrote:
19 May 2024, 18:10
If I were Horner, I would give Carlos the seat immediately. He's the best remaining option. He's a better driver than Perez. With a 95-97% McLaren and Ferrari of the Redbull; Oscar, Norris, Charles and Carlos are faster than Perez. Add Russel, Lewis and Alonso on a good day. Adding Carlos immediately would only be a loss to Checo and a financial hit if they had to payout the contracts of both. Plus it puts Ferrari in a limbo on whom to replace him with for the season.
The same people were saying exactly the same things about Albon and Perez in 2020, pretty much demanding Horner to sign Checo instead of Albon, because he is too slow and basically worst on the grid. Now it's Perez who is worst on the great. Nothing new there. Very predictable. I really want Horner to sign Sainz, because I've curious who would you ask him to sign next, after he gets trashed by Max in very similar manner.

Sainz, needs _understeer_. He's one of few drivers who absolutely prefers and really needs understeery car. Max is the opposite, them two will never be happy in terms of car development and feedback. Perez is closer to Max than Sainz in that regard.
IN that understeery pig of a car, that red bulls were this weekend, Sainz would've been fast indeed though, ironically. But thankfully, it does not happen very often.

chrisc90

Pretty dull race other than Lando's last 10lap charge. Which was great to watch!

RB worked well on the mediums, fell off a bit on the hard. Great result considering the start to the weekend.

Mclaren were fast today, comfortably fastest on the hard and about equal with Ferrari on the Medium.

Such a terrible track though. barely any overtakes unless there was a big tyre offset. Would have been nice to see Ferrari and the Mclarens battling it out, but soon as got close the dirty air played havoc and anything that could have been wasnt there.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

DDopey wrote:
19 May 2024, 19:43
How do you measure where or when it is the car or driver ? Nonsense discussions.
It is...

Xyz22
Xyz22

LM10 wrote:
19 May 2024, 19:30
Xyz22 wrote:

This is a complete exaggeration. It is the fastest car, but absolutely not on another planet (anymore).
In the first stint it was over 0.2s quicker (on a bad day apparently), which is a very significant gap. It wasn't like last year where it was F1 vs F2 i agree :D

avantman
avantman

Xyz22 wrote:
19 May 2024, 20:34
LM10 wrote:
19 May 2024, 19:30
Xyz22 wrote:

In the first stint it was over 0.2s quicker (on a bad day apparently), which is a very significant gap. It wasn't like last year where it was F1 vs F2 i agree :D
on the first stint we only saw the pace of one Mclaren. Could it be that Piastri would've been faster than Norris in clear air and free track?

0.2s per lap is less than an average gap between two teammates in two equal cars.

ME4ME

Truly amazing performance by Max Verstappen this weekend. Finding the performance when it mattered, super consistent and rock solid under pressure.

I think Red Bull will have some questions to answer internally regarding performance. And Horner and Marko have to do something about their second driver.

In my opinion either they should sign Sainz for 2025 and be done with it, or promote Yuki in the coming races and get Lawson to drive the VCARB. Perez has had his chance. He is done.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

So Max has won Imola and 24hr sim racing event... Two wins in one day.

Now he has a padel match with Lando :lol:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

"When we look at Verstappen's consistency in accelerating, it's just amazing: he takes pole position and you hardly see him lose a position in the first corner," Stella locates an extreme strength of the Red Bull star and praises: "This consistency is simply the result of good work."
- Andrea Stella

https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel ... h-24051917