USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
MuseF1
MuseF1

Re: USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

Pandamasque wrote:Oh poor USF1! Now we know who to blame. Chad not only failed to supply unlimited founding to the team but also apparently did not allow them have any sponsors too. #-o I mean such brilliant managers as peterandken could've easily get like CocaCola on board.
Sorry people for being a bit of a dumbass, havent been following the USF1 team, or lack of team...
.. But YouTube are sponsoring/own them?

Pup
Pup

MuseF1 wrote:Sorry people for being a bit of a dumbass, havent been following the USF1 team, or lack of team...
No. People speculated that since Hurley invested in the team that he would get his former company YouTube to sponsor them, but the team has never even hinted that this would happen. But the speculation is as always considered fact by many. Just like the Best Buy sponsorship.

F1FanToo
F1FanToo

In all seriousness- what is the basis for the assertions that have been made on this forum regarding PW as "arrogant", "a snake oil salesman", "US F1 was a sham", "Look at their (PW/KA)past history".

What is it that I don't know about these guys that brings about these remarks? I hope it's something more than "they should have known better in this situation".

Regards

segedunum
segedunum

MuseF1 wrote:Sorry people for being a bit of a dumbass, havent been following the USF1 team, or lack of team...
No actually. It was always just Chad Hurley as an investor, but since he co-founded YouTube Peter Windsor, USF1 and various others have simply made that connection either for their own ends or it's simply an implicit assumption. YouTube has made no announcements whatsoever of a tie-up with anybody, and since YouTube is owned by Google it really isn't up to Chad to bring them in anyway. It's just another rumour and another false assumption.

MuseF1
MuseF1

Cheers pup and Segendum

Sorry for sounding like a right noob but what actually is going on with USF1? i know that Campos are having financial problems but we at least know theyve got a chassis and engine sorted when they have the cash. What of USf1? Even Stefan GP have something, albeit a last year's Toyota.
I would normally go back through the thread to find out, but there are 135 pages and i have to be up in the morning:(

segedunum
segedunum

F1FanToo wrote:In all seriousness- what is the basis for the assertions that have been made on this forum regarding PW as "arrogant", "a snake oil salesman", "US F1 was a sham", "Look at their (PW/KA)past history".
Do some reading. I doubt whether anyone is going to take the trouble to explain things again after.....I've stopped counting the pages. I don't know........if you were to type Peter Windsor and Ken Anderson into a well known search engine you might well get an overall picture of what their experience is, their backgrounds and their past involvements with ventures exactly like this one. Then ask yourself objectively, and in the ice cool light of day, whether you would hire them to run your F1 team with your money on the line. Let us know your answer. :mrgreen:

countersteer
countersteer

More from SpeedTV... As noted earlier, if SpeedTV is saying these things, there must be substance to them. Of anybody, Speed would be giving them the benefit of the doubt.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... confirmed/

WhiteBlue

It is shaping up quite the way I thought. The USF1 backers will jump aboard the ex Campos team and Bernie will get the USF1 license for Stefan. He has been working on this for two months. Bloody shame if he gets away with it. Perhaps Todt has the spine to simply denie it to him. This won't save USF1 but it may teach Bernie a lesson.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Fil

WhiteBlue wrote:It is shaping up quite the way I thought. The USF1 backers will jump aboard the ex Campos team and Bernie will get the USF1 license for Stefan. He has been working on this for two months. Bloody shame.
Bloody shame, or just the business world's survival of the fittest..?

It'll be interesting what will happen with the USF1 license. It is owned by USF1 until they begin to miss races, at which point they forfeit it back to the FIA.

I'm not sure how much Bernie can do about that, apart from broker an earlier sale between USF1 & a 3rd party.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Pup
Pup

WhiteBlue wrote:It is shaping up quite the way I thought.
:shock: Since when?!? :shock:

Honestly, gugu.

WhiteBlue

Fil wrote:I'm not sure how much Bernie can do about that, apart from broker an earlier sale between USF1 & a 3rd party.
He can do exactly that. Only the FiA can refuse the deal. They ultimately need to rubber stamp everything. I hope they will not. Nobody can stop the changes to the Campos team. But the Stefan deal is subject to an FiA license. Nick Craw will be seriously pissed off and he has some influence in the administration.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

Pup wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:It is shaping up quite the way I thought.
:shock: Since when?!? :shock:

Honestly, gugu.
18 Feb 2010, 19:41

The latest from Adam Cooper

Pup
Pup

:lol:

So after 30 or so pages of denying that there is any truth at all to the rumor of a Hurley/Campos/Dallara deal, the weight of the evidence finally causes you to throw in the towel late this afternoon.

Then a few hours later, it's all "quite the way I thought".

Just to remind you of what you wrote this very morning:
WhiteBlue wrote:If Hurley plans to promote Youtube or another business via F1 he must know that a title sponsorship will cost him more than what he is spending with USF1. So why is he stalling at this point? Buying Campos to get the Dallara car, selling off the Campos ticket to Stefan would involve serious money. It makes no sense to spend it there if he isn't prepared to spend it at USF1.
What would I do without you, gugsie? :lol:

xpensive
xpensive

I enjoyed this here thread much better when the colonials hated me, now nobody even quotes me anymore?

But whatta heck, I can quote myself, can't I, or is that against the rules of board ethics Ciro?
xpensive wrote:Guess you know me by now, there is no "USF1 chassis", just a video of two guys putting together a shell on top of a dust-bin and CAD-image.

Hurley was taken by a couple of losers with some peripheral F1 xperience of two decades back, why the only reason I can see he would spend more money on this sorry outfit is to keep the "USF1"-gimmick. After getting rid of PeeWee and Anderson, he could buy the Dallara chassis, get someone with a vague idea of what they are doing to run it, while Campos can sell their entry to Stefan if they wish. Keep Lopez and the 8 MUSD and hire an xperienced driver with some US-connection for show.

There's no reason to be in NC though, nothing there, that petit autoclave, big enough for a nosecone, is leased anyway. Even the name is doubtful, when the entry is given for "US F1 Team", not xactly Coca Cola, is it?

But Hurley is the key, the "seed-money" is wasted, q is if he's interested to give it another try with the real McCoy?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

WhiteBlue

Pup wrote::lol:

So after 30 or so pages of denying that there is any truth at all to the rumor of a Hurley/Campos/Dallara deal, the weight of the evidence finally causes you to throw in the towel late this afternoon.

Then a few hours later, it's all "quite the way I thought".

Just to remind you of what you wrote this very morning:
WhiteBlue wrote:If Hurley plans to promote Youtube or another business via F1 he must know that a title sponsorship will cost him more than what he is spending with USF1. So why is he stalling at this point? Buying Campos to get the Dallara car, selling off the Campos ticket to Stefan would involve serious money. It makes no sense to spend it there if he isn't prepared to spend it at USF1.
So where do you see the problem? I was prepared to give Hurley the benefit of doubt as long as that was consistent with the known facts. It is natural to believe in honesty and I did exactly that.

When it became obvious that Lopez was told he would not have a USF1 car, he then negotiated with Bernie for a drive and Hurley was somehow involved that made the situation quite clear. Hurley had changed camp and probably as early as December 2009.

Regardless what other people think I believe that USF1 could have worked if they had had proper financial backing. I'l be interested to learn, why they did not get it. For the time being I think that Stefanovic got Bernie to manipulate the USF1 situation. By closing down the money to USF1 their license would become available to Stefanovic. Bernie probably promised a bigger share holding in the ex Campos ticket to Hurley to get him on board for the plan. In the end Bernie gets USF1 to close down and Hurley takes control of his own European based team. Wonderful outcome for both. Ken and Peter are screwed, but so what. Stefanovic improves his chances to get a license. It is only a theory but one that has some plausibility if you are prepared to screw your own team for bigger gains. To me it looks like Hurley did exactly that.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 19 Feb 2010, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.