USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

Come now WB, even if you and I have taken everywhich opportunity for bickering, here there and everywhere, over the past eighteen months or so, we have never gone down to the level of suggesting one of us being stupid, have we now?

But at this point in time, could you please scroll back a hundred pages or so where you so eloquently (again, I give you that) predicted that "USF1" was intended as something of a SpeedTV reality soap?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

WhiteBlue

xpensive wrote:But at this point in time, could you please scroll back a hundred pages or so where you so eloquently (again, I give you that) predicted that "USF1" was intended as something of a SpeedTV reality soap?
X, we had quite a bit of evidence to the contrary since USF1 started their web site in December. They did show stuff that no other team has ever shown at this time of the development process. I changed my mind at that point in time and I was looking forward to more of that. Sadly it looks like it is game over.

I'm also wondering what kind of deal Bernie and Hurley have done. Obviously Hurley is interested to make money with new video marketing ideas and F1. Bernie must have found a way to channel those ambitions in a way that suits his business interests even better. I suspect that isn't going to enhance the experience of the fans.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raceman

Errm

It's quite strange!! Now, this team seems to be the only one not to make it to the Bahrin grid and still we have clocked up 138 "useless" pages..... :shock:

:-s

darn [-X [-( ](*,)

xpensive
xpensive

I have to admit that even I, if you can believe that now, at one point in time swayed when thinking this "USF1" was sort of a retro-xperiment.

Regardless of our semingly abyss-like disagreements WB, I still take it at face value that you are indeed a Diploma Ingenior and share the same common sense with the rest of us, why I cannot for the life of me understand why you simply can't give this one up?

There was never a USF1, not even close, MrM knew it, MrE knew it.

Pandamasque

raceman wrote:It's quite strange!! Now, this team seems to be the only one not to make it to the Bahrin grid and still we have clocked up 138 "useless" pages..... :shock:
It's simple. USF1 promised to bring a good show to the rather conservative Formula1. And they made a show out of their road to imminent failure.

nipo
nipo

Pandamasque wrote:And they made a show out of their road to imminent failure.
Incorrect. They simply gone quiet and vanished. It was US who made the show with our 13x pages! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pandamasque

nipo wrote:
Pandamasque wrote:And they made a show out of their road to imminent failure.
Incorrect. They simply gone quiet and vanished. It was US who made the show with our 13x pages! :lol: :lol: :lol:
No. It's the very ending that was quiet. More like a conclusion, it wasn't even the climax. I meant the show that started way back when the entry was submitted. And this thread is just popcorn for the audience :)

void

New name? United Stefan F1?

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

USEpicFail

:lol:
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

Belatti
Belatti

Lurk wrote:Lopez won't have problem with his "sponsor" because it was the argentian government. For a real sponsorship, I think driver will be troublefree to.

No.

Argentina government promised to put 2mill from the 8mill the USF1 wanted. The rest 6mill where from other companies.

From those 2mill the government payed 830 thousands. That may be in Peewees pocket that is crying all over their super F1 team facilities.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

xpensive
xpensive

What can I say Gaucho? You know me well enough by now to be aware that I'm not the gloating kind, but here's a mess from my favourite Oslo-mistress;

If you show up personally with that nomex-suit on May 17th in Oslo, she'll provide the whole barbeque-shabang including Gammeldansk til your ears fall off and half a dozen of blondes to go with it, while we will share this delicatessen brotherly.

If you can get Islamatron to tag along, I will personally provide Sweet Baby Ray's sauce and a guaranteed pork-free feed.

segedunum
segedunum

WhiteBlue wrote:It is shaping up quite the way I thought. The USF1 backers will jump aboard the ex Campos team and Bernie will get the USF1 license for Stefan. He has been working on this for two months. Bloody shame if he gets away with it. Perhaps Todt has the spine to simply denie it to him. This won't save USF1 but it may teach Bernie a lesson.
:roll: Create a new theory to fit the current situation and pretend that was what you believed all along.

What can you say to someone who really, really, really wants to believe that so much? Fact is, if USF1 had a car built and had shown progress like Virgin, Lotus and even Campos (they have a car with no finance, remember?), with Dallara, what has transpired would simply never have arisen. All that's happened is we've gone from one excuse to another - firstly there was no evidence that USF1 was in trouble, and when it became totally clear that they were it became Chad and Bernie's fault, when Bernie was merely stating the obvious when the road accident had already happened. Bernie cast serious doubt on Campos, but with the right backers they might still make it so quite where this logic comes from one can only guess.

You've got a lot of people actually trying very hard to get something out of the whole sorry mess (Peter and Ken are not among them), Campos might even still make it to the grid, and it is still portrayed as some sinister masterplan by Bernie and Chad against Peter and Ken. :shock: I need to reach for the prozac just thinking about the mental gymnastics required there.

Oh well....................

Pandamasque

segedunum wrote: :roll: Create a new theory to fit the current situation and pretend that was what you believed all along.
For a moment I thought you were referring to Peter Windsor :shock:

Pup
Pup

I guess the latest twist of the tale is that Hurley is exchanging the USF1 entry for equity in Stephan rather than selling it outright and then buying into Campos. But Lopez would still go to Campos, and therefore money for Campos to continue in this scenario would come from Lopez' sponsors.

So OK, whatever. At this point, just get on with it.

countersteer
countersteer