Mercedes GP MGP W01

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mith

Re: Mercedes GP MGP W01

Yeah, I know, I remember RB's rear with loads of sensors, when they introduced their EDD.

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

So after this Qualifying its time to stop the development of this car, IMO there is no hope for them to be competitive this year.
Next years Regs are finally set, so they have to put all effort in next years car.

They can use this year to evaluate new developments for next year.
Last edited by Ganxxta on 26 Jun 2010, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

vealio
vealio

I´m speechless

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Im running out of excuses for my team here :lol:

2 things I would do though.

1. Get a decent team of development engineers together.
I know its not as easy as that, but there are people within the team that arent up to the desired standard. I admire Mercedes GP efforts in getting the F-duct and blown diffusser on the car in double quick time. But it seems as though it is a bit to slap dash.
2. Seriously reconsider Micheal Schumacher's participation in this project.
This is not a slight on the great mans name. But he is struggling in relation to Nico, and the team are having to constantly defend him from Media hyperbole.
This cannot be healthy for the team or for Schumacher.
Complete the season, then part ways.

If Brawn and Mercedes are serious about a 2011 challenge, now is the time to start making the BIG decisions.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Morteza

What was wrong with those two cars? Still the grip problem? They're doing worse and worse race after race! :(
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Carbon
Carbon

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
If Brawn and Mercedes are serious about a 2011 challenge, now is the time to start making the BIG decisions.
Well said. While the development of the car continues, it looks like the development path has taken a tangent (for the worse). Better start dialing in the 2011 car.

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

This team is NOT about winning, they're about staying on budget and creating Merc advertising. It's a shame for Nico that he's stuck here. Button was truly correct to move on.

BorisTheBlade

I agree with you, but advertising becomes harder and harder if they don't start winning soon.

Carbon
Carbon

BreezyRacer wrote:This team is NOT about winning, they're about staying on budget and creating Merc advertising. It's a shame for Nico that he's stuck here. Button was truly correct to move on.
Oh....kinda like HRT and Virgin then? That's why they've introduced new developments of late.....

xpensive
xpensive

If my memory serves me correct, MSC has never been in this position (15) on the grid before, has he? Wonder for how long he will take it if they don't improve by a quantum-leap in the very near future?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: 2. Seriously reconsider Micheal Schumacher's participation in this project.
This is not a slight on the great mans name. But he is struggling in relation to Nico, and the team are having to constantly defend him from Media hyperbole.
When was the last time Schuie had an equal status team mate in a car that wasn't also the class of the field? It's a long time since he had to fight every inch of the way. Maybe he's forgotten how to?

What this season is showing is that the 'great man' may not be as great as some would like to believe...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

siskue2005

double post
Last edited by siskue2005 on 26 Jun 2010, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

siskue2005

Just_a_fan wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: 2. Seriously reconsider Micheal Schumacher's participation in this project.
When was the last time Schuie had an equal status team mate in a car that wasn't also the class of the field? It's a long time since he had to fight every inch of the way. Maybe he's forgotten how to?

What this season is showing is that the 'great man' may not be as great as some would like to believe...
People expect too much ! What has equal status got to do here? [-X

A 3 years retirement.....and coming into F1 with totally different D/F levels, totally different engine RPM (as DC stated in quly), to a completely new team, new type of tyres and etc etc....people expect Miracles from him :roll:
After all he was just .2 sec slower than a driver who is young and fast ...and who equaled Lewis in lower formula
and not to forget about the tank he is driving
After all he is Human being...i never expected him to jump in and win races straight away, not at the age of 41 !!

And also MS was impeded in Q2 by Buemi .

And BTW this is Merc topic ...dont go offtopic here

On topic..

the Merc seems to lack pace all around, D/f, Straight line speed , slow corners !

Why dont they change their Front/rear wing like Renaults
Mercs wings are really outdated :wtf:

ringo

I think they are a bit stubborn with some of thier developements. Why not get a conventional shark fin and put the f duct through it, instead of their silly endplate ducts that dont ever work?
They also need to put nico back on the short wheel base car. It's possible he may do a little better.

As i said before this car has a limit to it's developement becuase of it's innate flaws. Mercedes have now reached that limit; they can no longer dress up the piggy W01 and are left helpless to watch Renault and FI waltz on by with upgrades that work.
Last edited by ringo on 26 Jun 2010, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
For Sure!!

Afterburner

Don't get on MS, Nico is a top driver and he didn't got to Q3 either. In february i said mercedes were in trouble when they started to use flow viz and i wasn't wrong, MGP1 it's a really bad car and they should start working on 2011 car, this season is over for them.