Mercedes GP MGP W01

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
aral
aral

Re: Mercedes GP MGP W01

xpensive wrote:If my memory serves me correct, MSC has never been in this position (15) on the grid before, has he? Wonder for how long he will take it if they don't improve by a quantum-leap in the very near future?
Well, not on qualifying pace, maybe. But he has started from the tail end due to mechanical problems, penalties etc, and had driven through the field. But this time.......? I don't think so.

jason.parker.86
jason.parker.86

I think that the funding from Mercedes come to late in 2009 and the results speak for them selves. I am not a MS fan but I think they should look at this as a 3 year program and stop putting him down every 5 minutes. I think that next year will be alot better for them! Martin Brundle + David Coulthards negative comments make me laugh, as between them they didnt win a WDC and yet they find it all so easy to see where MS is going wrong. Nobs

xpensive
xpensive

Mercedes might have a three-year patience, but I doubt if the 42-year old has the same?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

twoshots
twoshots

It is always worth pointing out as people start to get on the bandwagon that this is much smaller team than the one which designed the championship winning car. Last year they slimmed down from well over 700 people to about 450 now. That is one hell of a loss of talent and a massive reorganisation of resources.

marcush.
marcush.

Michael stated he had real issues with his front brakes already in Canada and again in this Qualy..how can this be? they seem to lack everywhere and on top of it
they seem to have a major flaw in their car simulation when it comes to low fuel loads.
Both drivers are again and again surprised by their lack of pace with low fuel loads

and rosberg insisted it is not a temperature problem.
So their problem might be they do not work the tyre enough or they treat their tyres differently to their competitors before mounting them to the car...perhaps..?
It surely is not the drivers...they are basically at the same speed ...and nobody would say Rosberg is slow..he said he had a perfect lap in Q2... so ...

manchild
manchild

Afterburner wrote:Don't get on MS, Nico is a top driver and he didn't got to Q3 either. In february i said mercedes were in trouble when they started to use flow viz and i wasn't wrong, MGP1 it's a really bad car and they should start working on 2011 car, this season is over for them.
That's bollocks. Nico had two podiums in four races before changes were made! They had car that was better than Renault, and as good as Ferrari before they've changed it to feed the vanity of Mr. Neckpain. Now they are nowhere thanks to that.
Nico is still beating the *hit out of his teammate and that's a fact hard to swallow for those who lived in MoSSley orchestrated Schumacher "dominance" lullaby from 1994 to 2006. When he has some competition he is a midfielder.

BTW, other teams were using flow viz too, better teams.

vealio
vealio

manchild wrote:
Afterburner wrote:Don't get on MS, Nico is a top driver and he didn't got to Q3 either. In february i said mercedes were in trouble when they started to use flow viz and i wasn't wrong, MGP1 it's a really bad car and they should start working on 2011 car, this season is over for them.
That's bollocks. Nico had two podiums in four races before changes were made! They had car that was better than Renault, and as good as Ferrari before they've changed it to feed the vanity of Mr. Neckpain. Now they are nowhere thanks to that.
Nico is still beating the *hit out of his teammate and that's a fact hard to swallow for those who lived in MoSSley orchestrated Schumacher "dominance" lullaby from 1994 to 2006. When he has some competition he is a midfielder.

One podium came after a wet quali and the other after a wet race. Rosberg never came close to a podium under normal dry conditions while Schumacher achieved at least 2x 4th places.

manchild
manchild

vealio wrote:...while Schumacher achieved at least 2x 4th places.
Please be kind to mention after what as you did for Nico's podiums and than compare them.

His two 4th paces were achieved by Hamilton's DNF in Spain and Vettel's DNF in Turkey.

marcush.
marcush.

obviously the car is quite good in race conditions but with empty tank it is just not on the same level compared to the others.
as both drivers have the same problem ,it is complete nonsense to bash one or both ,if rosberg is on a perfect lap no better than 12 and Schumacher with Buemi incident 5 tenths slower ,Mercedes needs to work on car performance on low fuel loads .quite simple to say ,but obviously beyond their current understanding.

Neither Rosberg nor Schumacher could win with this car on merit,as would Button ,Hamilton or Alonso...so useless point of bashing and fanboyism... :mrgreen:
Last edited by marcush. on 26 Jun 2010, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.

vealio
vealio

manchild wrote:
vealio wrote:...while Schumacher achieved at least 2x 4th places.
Please be kind to mention after what as you did for Nico's podiums and than compare them.

His two 4th paces were achieved by Hamilton's DNF in Spain and Vettel's DNF in Turkey.
And Nico´s podiums came after blunders from McLaren, Ferrari in Malaysia and Ferrari/Red Bull in China, so your point is?
Nico did what was possible for him and the car in those two races, kudos to him.
To believe that he would achieved those results without some funny decisions from mostly Ferrari/McLaren ist just...

Afterburner

manchild wrote:

That was low quality post, but assuming your words are true and if they we're soo good after all why they came with the longer chassis?! Changing the wheelbase it's not just a small and meanless update...

xpensive
xpensive

Honda/Brawn/Mercedes' 2009/2010 seasons has a strange resemblence to Lotus' 1978/1979 seasons, has it not?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

WhiteBlue

I think the chassis is going to be much better in the race compared to qualifying. Merc need to cure their one lap low fuel tyre warming or they will suffer at many more races.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

PlatinumZealot

It's not the wheelbase I would say. Wheelbase doesn't change the fact that it has low downforce. The body of the car just sucks.(in a bad way at that!). In terms of heating the tyres, I don't think it's the wheelbase either.

My gripes with the car: the rear wing is too simple IMO. The Front wing needs a little upgrading, basically the same from 2009, THE NOSE!! well we all know about that story, and finally the undercar and diffuser along with the rear parts from sidepod back. Mercedez need to sort those out. I don't know what they have to do, but look on the williams today..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

ringo

WhiteBlue wrote:I think the chassis is going to be much better in the race compared to qualifying. Merc need to cure their one lap low fuel tyre warming or they will suffer at many more races.
I think it will be much better at a certain period of time in the race, then it will fall off toward the end. This seems to be the trend with this car.
It has a small window when the fuel is just right and the tyres are just right, after that all the magic is gone.
For Sure!!